The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 10, 2009, 09:00:50 pm
-
I've seen videos of government meetings in other countries where politicians are yelling and screaming at each other like fuck*ng children. I have always been so proud that Americans were more civilized than that.
-
Obviously I need to head over to CNN.com or something.
-
yesterday before the speech joe wilson's opponent in the upcoming midterms had raised about $20,000 via this online donation site (http://www.actblue.com/entity/fundraisers/19079)
it's been 21 hours since obama's speech ended and he's now $20,000 shy of half a million bucks.
-
pecunium est vox publicus
-
I don't know. I've seen some British Parliament coverage on C-SPAN and it's a hell of a lot more interesting than US Congressional proceedings.
-
I've always thought that the political process could do with a little more swearing and a lot more honesty, much in the manner of Rahm Emmanuel, but Sen. Wilson should have been taught in kindergarten that you don't talk when someone is talking in front of the class.
Joey.
-
had it just been "boo" and "hiss" and "read the bill" then it's doubtful anything would have distracted from the actual content of the speech. by breaking every accepted rule of decorum and calling our president a liar, wilson derailed a hell of a lot of today's news cycle away from whether the plan would actually work.
he's now casting himself as a victim of liberal attacks, when he's the one that attacked in order to distract the 24-hour news media away from the giant buffet of information with his gas-station burrito of partisan hackery.
his opponent has passed half a million dollars.
-
To hell with Joe Wilson, how about the California state rep who was bragging (rather graphically) about his extra-marital affairs, without realizing a nearby mic was live and picking him up.
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2009/09/09/14557
Of course, he's a family-values crusader.
-
That's rad.
I am deeply saddened that my inappropriate comments have become a major distraction for my colleagues in the Assembly, who are working hard on the very serious problems facing our state.
He also asked that those respect his privacy for this private matter. And he supported prop 8. fuck*ng douchebag. Like that wasn't a major distraction or a private matter.
-
That's rad.
He also asked that those respect his privacy for this private matter. And he supported prop 8. fuck*ng douchebag. Like that wasn't a major distraction or a private matter.
That asshole just broke the doucheometer. What a waste of skin and vital organs. They should carve that fucker up like a Thanksgiving turkey and parcel out his organs to human beings who aren't useless sacks of shit.
-
That's rad.
He also asked that those respect his privacy for this private matter. And he supported prop 8. fuck*ng douchebag. Like that wasn't a major distraction or a private matter.
The guy was on a Utilities Committee in the state government, and one of the women he was sleeping with was a lobbyist for a utility company:
http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/2009/09/09/california_republican_sexcapades/index.html
This is no private matter.
-
They should carve that fucker up like a Thanksgiving turkey and parcel out his organs to human beings who aren't useless sacks of shit.
I don't think the Death Panels were envisioned to work that way. Maybe there would have been more support if douchebaggery were a factor.
-
I've seen videos of government meetings in other countries where politicians are yelling and screaming at each other like fuck*ng children. I have always been so proud that Americans were more civilized than that.
Didn't he go completely douchey on the apology, too? Like, "my actions were regrettable." Not "I regret them" just that they were something that has the potential for somebody to regret, not that he necessarily does so.