The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: dejavroom on September 25, 2009, 05:08:51 pm

Title: The way of happiness is...
Post by: dejavroom on September 25, 2009, 05:08:51 pm
... Drinking a whole big ol' glass of wine at lunch, and come back to work empowered (meaning kinda wonky).
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: pmcd9 on September 25, 2009, 05:26:33 pm
A little tipsy at work is a good thing actually.  You're relaxed.  The bullshit rolls off your back.  You get a lot more done really.
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: dejavroom on September 25, 2009, 05:45:02 pm
Dude, I'd punch you in the arm right this fuck*ng moment.
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 25, 2009, 06:20:56 pm
There was a secretary at my last job who always came to work very empowered. The last time I saw her she was sitting in her truck crying over scratch-off lottery tickets...
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: pmcd9 on September 25, 2009, 06:28:39 pm
That's vivid!
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: dejavroom on September 25, 2009, 06:36:35 pm
*tries desperately to suppress laughter that would give him away*
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: Doc on September 26, 2009, 04:31:50 am
I came into uni today to get some study done but used meeting a friend for coffee as a motivator. We met up at 11, it's now 2:30 and I'm just settling down. Lazy Saturday morning conversations are terribly pleasant.
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: linnea on September 26, 2009, 05:05:26 am
Dej, that's my new favorite euphemism. So awesome.
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: BUFFY on October 23, 2009, 05:41:26 am
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Happiness/Matthieu-Ricard/e/9780316167253/?itm=1
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: dejavroom on October 23, 2009, 10:23:54 am
Like, the ink used to print the book has alcohol in it, and you can lick the book clean and be empowered, is that it?
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: rowboat on October 26, 2009, 03:47:05 pm
I ate a few Alice B. Toklas cookies last night. It is now thirteen hours later. I am at my very quiet workplace. I am more empowered right now than I ever was last night.

Luckily I have practice at this.
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: jaydub on October 26, 2009, 04:55:22 pm
Used some creeper in the butter eh?
Title: Re: The way of happiness is...
Post by: dejavroom on October 27, 2009, 10:31:13 pm
Oh, Row, I could definitely go for some of those right now. It's been years since. Time to get some action going...