The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 13, 2009, 03:54:27 pm

Title: How's Lileks?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 13, 2009, 03:54:27 pm
Is he still a hoss's ass?  I had to stop reading him after he said I was unpatriotic because I didn't want to go to war with Iraq.   I remember liking him before that though.
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: AugustWest on October 13, 2009, 04:13:18 pm
Is he still a hoss's ass?  I had to stop reading him after he said I was unpatriotic because I didn't want to go to war with Iraq.   I remember liking him before that though.

Yeah, I drifted away for the same reasons.  For a while he was pretty good about putting his political stuff into the Screed, but it sort of bled back in to the Bleat.  Too bad.

Guy's entitled to his opinion on politics.  I'm entitled to not read it.
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: wombat on October 13, 2009, 04:15:06 pm
I don't find it difficult to skip the political parts.
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: smick on October 13, 2009, 04:20:36 pm
(http://lileks.com/bleat/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/goodnews.jpg)
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: CortJstr on October 13, 2009, 04:29:14 pm
I don't find it difficult to skip the political parts.

The issue was for a while it was nothing but political parts. Sadly this era of the Bleat also made me like Mike Nelson less.
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 13, 2009, 08:21:53 pm
He kinda figured out people didn't dig that stuff so even if there's a (more rare) polito-screed in the bleat he gives plenty of warning beforehand. I tend to skim those so I can read open letters to the CEO of Best Buy snarkiness instead.
Good to know. I actually haven't read his Bleat in probably four years now. Back to it.
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: alreadyinuse on October 16, 2009, 05:34:20 am
(http://drx.typepad.com/psychotherapyblog/images/2007/06/03/pugs_recalled.jpg)
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 16, 2009, 05:35:37 am
(http://vectortuts.s3.amazonaws.com/tuts/18_Lock_Icon/lock_16.jpg)
Title: Re: How's Lileks?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 16, 2009, 05:38:21 am
Nah man, he's just getting into the swing of things.