The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2009, 12:35:06 am

Title: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2009, 12:35:06 am
Permalink (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10142009)

Todd takes a trip to Korea.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: wombat on October 15, 2009, 12:38:31 am
Oh hey, a comic!

I don't think I want to know too much about North Korean Magical Realism. I hope Todd is just going to disappear for a while.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2009, 12:48:55 am
I don't think I could understand the writing on that package less.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: lprkn on October 15, 2009, 01:18:06 am
I have a feeling that North Korean magical realism is a bit too real.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: smick on October 15, 2009, 01:29:41 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w - Follow Todd's adventures ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2009, 01:42:00 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w - Follow Todd's adventures ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!

That's surprisingly good.  I actually watched most of it.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 15, 2009, 02:20:29 am
I own a DVD of Pulgasari, the North Korean period piece/monster movie/Communist propaganda film.

Magical Realism indeed.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2009, 02:23:52 am
As to the strip -- Interesting premise.  I hope Onstad runs with it.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2009, 02:26:13 am
Oh we were actually supposed to enjoy that (the video)?  I turned it off after a couple of minutes.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2009, 02:37:59 am
Oh we were actually supposed to enjoy that (the video)?  I turned it off after a couple of minutes.

I dunno, the art and animation seemed pretty good, much better than I had expected.  And it was fun looking for weird cultural differences and trying to follow the story.  Also, trying to pick up on emotions from only the tone of the speech.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: smick on October 15, 2009, 03:26:57 am
Ah C'mon guys.  Don't Mr. Wonderful me.   I just googled North Korean Propaganda and linked the first YouTube I saw that had an Animal in it.

I didn't even listen with the sound on.

C'mon!

What the fuck, Paul?
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Doc on October 15, 2009, 03:32:14 am
PUG HIM!
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: miles on October 15, 2009, 03:37:57 am
Yeah, I don't buy it. You've been saving that video for months, just waiting for the perfect time to post it.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2009, 03:48:30 am
Ah C'mon guys.  Don't Mr. Wonderful me.   I just googled North Korean Propaganda and linked the first YouTube I saw that had an Animal in it.

I didn't even listen with the sound on.

C'mon!

What the fuck, Paul?

Hey smick!
                                                          SUCK IT!!!  SUCK BIG FAT ASCII COCK!!!!

                  .".".".
                (`       `)               _.-=-.           Y
                 '._.--.-;             .-`  -'  '.            O
                .-'`.o )  \           /  .-_.--'  `\              U
               `;---) \    ;         /  / ;' _-_.-' `
                 `;"`  ;    \        ; .  .'   _-' \      S
                  (    )    |        |  / .-.-'    -`         U
                   '-.-'     \       | .' ` '.-'-\`                C
                    /_./\_.|\_\      ;  ' .'-'.-.                        K
                    /         '-._    \` /  _;-,
                   |         .-=-.;-._ \  -'-,
                   \        /      `";`-`,-"`)
                    \       \     '-- `\.\
                     '.      '._ '-- '--'/
                       `-._     `'----'`;
                           `"""--.____,/
                                  \\  \
                                  // /`
                              ___// /__
                            (`(`(---"-`)
                                                          

Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Choop on October 15, 2009, 05:07:38 am
a-cap gets SO MANY CANS for that
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: pmcd9 on October 15, 2009, 06:23:41 am
Oh lord that was funny.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2009, 12:55:03 pm
Now that's some quality animation there.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: wombat on October 15, 2009, 12:59:39 pm
smick should feel honored for prompting that.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: smick on October 15, 2009, 02:55:04 pm
ACap... your message is unclear.   Whom do you want tiny kisses with more: Me or Paul.

Please write back soon!
-Smick
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: MagFlare on October 17, 2009, 05:51:03 am
I think "SPOOCHFCH'A!" will go down in history as "the onomatopoeia that tried too hard."

Although Todd's pose in the tenth panel is pretty good. He doesn't know what's happening, but by God he's prepared in case it throws a punch.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: wombat on October 17, 2009, 12:32:07 pm
"the onomatopoeia that tried too hard."

Oh, that is the saddest thing.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 17, 2009, 04:59:23 pm
I think "SPOOCHFCH'A!" will go down in history as "the onomatopoeia that tried too hard."

I wish I had said this!  Canned.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 18, 2009, 02:11:10 pm
Hey smick!
                                                          SUCK IT!!!  SUCK BIG FAT ASCII COCK!!!!

                  .".".".
                (`       `)               _.-=-.           Y
                 '._.--.-;             .-`  -'  '.            O
                .-'`.o )  \           /  .-_.--'  `\              U
               `;---) \    ;         /  / ;' _-_.-' `
                 `;"`  ;    \        ; .  .'   _-' \      S
                  (    )    |        |  / .-.-'    -`         U
                   '-.-'     \       | .' ` '.-'-\`                C
                    /_./\_.|\_\      ;  ' .'-'.-.                        K
                    /         '-._    \` /  _;-,
                   |         .-=-.;-._ \  -'-,
                   \        /      `";`-`,-"`)
                    \       \     '-- `\.\
                     '.      '._ '-- '--'/
                       `-._     `'----'`;
                           `"""--.____,/
                                  \\  \
                                  // /`
                              ___// /__
                            (`(`(---"-`)
                                                          





                                  |: |
                 .e\$\$\$e .|: |
                ;\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$e. |: |
               ;\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$.
               \$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$"\$\$' 
               \$\$\$\$(`\$  ,= =: |: |
              ;\$\$\$\$e`\$    ; ;    ;8b 8.
             ;\$\$\$\$\$\$. -._ -;     '8P 88
             \$\$\$\$\$\$\$.. ./`" |     : 88
            e\$\$\$\$\$\$\$e...`"""-.  |  : Y8
           \$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$P"-. .    '. |:  ;8:
          ;\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$:::.:.. .   '.|: d8b
           \$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$.:.. . -.    /b.,888
           \$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$\$:.... .  `../8888888
           \$\$\$\$\$\$"Y\$.. .      ; `"Y8888P
           Y\$\$\$\$\$e:\$e.... `-.'    |:`""'
            Y\$\$\$\$\$:\$\$:.. . :  |: |
             "  ;:.Y:.:..  ;      |: |
             _,-'..: .    .'      |: |
          ,-'...... . .   '       |: |
        ,'. ,'.... . .   /        |: |
       ,::. :::.:.... . '         |:.|
      .::.  ::.:.... .  :         |: |
      :::.. `.:.:.... . :         |:.|
      ':::..  \\... . .__:        |:.|
       88boooo '.od88888b         |::|
       8888888  Y88888888         |::|
       8888888  '88888888==e      |::|
       888888P   Y8888888:        |::|
       88888P    '8888888:        |::|
      ;88888'     Y888888'        |::|
      88888P      '888888.        |::|
     d8888P        Y88888b        |::|
    d88888'        `888888        |::|
   .88888'          '8888P        |::|
   d8888;            88888        |::|
  .8888P             88888b       |::|
  :8888              Y88888.      |::|
  :888P               Y8888b      |::|
  :888                 Y8888      |::|
  :88'                  Y888.     |::|
  ;88                    Y888     |::|
  d88                    '888b    |::|
 d888                    ,8888.   |::|
:8888                   d88888b.  |::|
 M888                   MMMM8888  |::|
 MY88b                  "M  "8888b.::|
 M MMMM. jf              M   MMMMMM::|




Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: pmcd9 on October 18, 2009, 03:07:25 pm
Bobby are you trying to out troll Already in Use?
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: smick on October 18, 2009, 07:16:07 pm
Yea, I think from Bobby and I's combined background, I doubt anyone here could step to our combined ASCII stupidity.

Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: wombat on October 18, 2009, 08:17:43 pm
We don't need stinking trolls from Assbar. We've got our own perfectly good trolls, thank you.
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 19, 2009, 01:33:22 am
Hey A-Cap and smick!
(http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/bluemoon1972/Todd.jpg)
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 19, 2009, 03:23:06 am
Yea, I think from Bobby and I's combined background, I doubt anyone here could step to our combined ASCII stupidity.



I am reserving rainbow cack.cow for Real Trolls
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 19, 2009, 03:38:58 am
Hey A-Cap and smick!
(http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/bluemoon1972/Todd.jpg)
is that a diseased ding dong or some kind of lady...
Title: Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 19, 2009, 04:11:36 am
is that a diseased ding dong or some kind of lady...

Just a diseased squirrel named Todd.