The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 22, 2009, 08:51:30 am

Title: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: pmcd9 on October 22, 2009, 08:51:30 am
Permalink (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10212009)

I Now Ultraviolet Thunder Immortal Master of Eagles



Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 22, 2009, 09:52:10 am
I just want to say Great Leader is very trim around waist.

It's like Tron - perhaps Teodor will dive into the pisspuddle and be scanned into word/squirrel form.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: dejavroom on October 22, 2009, 10:46:25 am
It makes sense that Todd would hang out with assholes. I hate to give Onstad (and myself) hope, but I have to say this whole concept is the shit. I hope it doesn't fizzle out. Also, there's something disturbingly Ray-like in Il - something to do with the glasses, certainly (how do you call Kim Jong Il when you're not feeling like typing his whole name, anyway? Kim? Jong? Il?)
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: Ben-San on October 22, 2009, 12:38:37 pm
It makes sense that Todd would hang out with assholes. I hate to give Onstad (and myself) hope, but I have to say this whole concept is the shit. I hope it doesn't fizzle out. Also, there's something disturbingly Ray-like in Il - something to do with the glasses, certainly (how do you call Kim Jong Il when you're not feeling like typing his whole name, anyway? Kim? Jong? Il?)

Mostly you call him Kim Jong-Il. Kim is his family name, but it's also the most common Korean family name to a completely insane degree so it won't be clear who you're talking about unless you're a Wikipedia article with his full name at the top. Jong-Il is his personal name. If you call him that then it'll be clear who you mean, but to the best of my knowledge, it'd be a little weird in the same way spending a conversation referring to the US President as "Barack" would. Then again, since he's on a road trip with Todd it may not be inappropriate for this context.

You could call him Chairman Kim, Supreme Commander Kim, or General Secretary Kim if you wanted, too.

Edit: "Official biographers claim that his birth at Baekdu Mountain was foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens."
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: AugustWest on October 22, 2009, 12:43:06 pm
Why doesn't T-Adore ever wear a shirt anymore?
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: dejavroom on October 22, 2009, 12:44:39 pm
Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of Kimmy-Kim, Jongzy-man, Ill-Master Flash, that sort of thing...
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2009, 12:51:18 pm
Why doesn't T-Adore ever wear a shirt anymore?

Because Onstad is finally giving the furries what they what: moobs by the barrel full.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: wombat on October 22, 2009, 01:12:02 pm
You could call him Chairman Kim, Supreme Commander Kim, or General Secretary Kim if you wanted, too.

I gave up the chance to have people call me Herr Doktor Professor Wombat, but I guess I could still dream of Supreme Commander.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: lprkn on October 22, 2009, 03:01:06 pm
I just peeled out so frikken' hard.

There are ready-made avatars in this one. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 22, 2009, 03:54:43 pm
The alt-text's comparison between animal urine and Fox News intrigues me.

Functionally, I do not see that many differences between the two.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 22, 2009, 05:05:31 pm
Mostly you call him Kim Jong-Il. Kim is his family name, but it's also the most common Korean family name to a completely insane degree so it won't be clear who you're talking about unless you're a Wikipedia article with his full name at the top. Jong-Il is his personal name. If you call him that then it'll be clear who you mean, but to the best of my knowledge, it'd be a little weird in the same way spending a conversation referring to the US President as "Barack" would. Then again, since he's on a road trip with Todd it may not be inappropriate for this context.

You could call him Chairman Kim, Supreme Commander Kim, or General Secretary Kim if you wanted, too.

Edit: "Official biographers claim that his birth at Baekdu Mountain was foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow over the mountain and a new star in the heavens."

Or just DEAR LEADER.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: AugustWest on October 22, 2009, 05:52:22 pm
I gave up the chance to have people call me Herr Doktor Professor Wombat

I still call you that.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH!
Post by: smick on October 22, 2009, 05:54:55 pm
Permalink (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10212009)

I Now Ultraviolet Thunder Immortal Master of Eagles

It includes the exclamation point.
Title: Re: 2009-10-22 PEOPLES KINGDOM OF ECSTASY AND WRATH
Post by: wombat on October 22, 2009, 06:09:19 pm
I still call you that.

And I still give you tiny cans even though you have so many it can't really matter.