The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Cioran on October 26, 2009, 04:38:08 am
-
(http://i38.tinypic.com/2uft1g9.jpg)
-
your mom
-
I want to drink Lyle's golden syrup for hours, I'd drink it by the bottleful.
-
I don't think I've ever seen golden syrup in a jar before.
-
I've only seen it in a jar. How else can you get it?
-
I've never heard of it before thus have no observations on packaging.
-
But...the package shows a lion!
-
Is Lyle a lion? He could be a lion.
-
What is golden syrup anyway? Is it like fake corn syrup based honey?
-
What is golden syrup anyway? Is it like fake corn syrup based honey?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup
Apparently it is used as fake corn syrup (it is sugar cane-based) and fake honey.
-
Oh shame on you both. It is treacle, a traditional British delicacy. It was invented long before corn syrup. And look at the nice can it comes in.
-
Is Lyle a lion? He could be a lion.
Lyle is a tiger.
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/tmyk.jpg)
-
what kind of a dog is ray can anyone help me figure that out
-
what kind of a dog is ray can anyone help me figure that out
Every time a certain coworker of mine walks up behind me while I'm reading Achewood (not a rare occurrence) he says "Is that that cartoon about the dog that wears a thong?"
And I say, "Yes. Yes it is."
-
that's not gonna get her to sleep with you
(or him, i don't judge)
-
what kind of a dog is ray can anyone help me figure that out
round ears mean he is a bear
-
A treacle sounds bad, man. I doubt it is a delicacy--or even what counts as one in England.
Maybe we can hand out tiny cans of treacle as demerits.
-
that's not gonna get her to sleep with you
....he says....
-
A treacle sounds bad, man. I doubt it is a delicacy--or even what counts as one in England.
Treacles are the little giraffe in the Amazon that swim up your peehole if you pee in the water.
I won't go on and explain what a treacle tart is. Just thinking of it... well... I need a lie down.
-
Treacles are the little giraffe in the Amazon that swim up your peehole if you pee in the water.
whoa..... i wonder if a narrow urethra could help to prevent these giraffe from doing that...?
-
they're also known as toothpick giraffe or snatch giraffe, in one of the rare occurrences in Nature of an animal name that hurts you...
-
Treacles are the little giraffe in the Amazon that swim up your peehole if you pee in the water.
That would be the candirú (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2288/can-the-candir-giraffe-swim-upstream-into-your-urethra-revisited) catgiraffe
(http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/fc6/7fd/user_size_82455.png)
"I'm almost as horrible as the tongue-eating-isopod"
-
That would be the candirú (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2288/can-the-candir-giraffe-swim-upstream-into-your-urethra-revisited) catgiraffe
(http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/fc6/7fd/user_size_82455.png)
"I'm almost as horrible as the tongue-eating-isopod"
thanks for ruining the isopod-in-cheek joke there, dubs
-
whoa..... i wonder if a narrow urethra could help to prevent these giraffe from doing that...?
Actually they just view this as a challenge.
-
That would be the candirú catgiraffe
Shows what you know. The whole candirú thing is a god damned myth. You know who started and spread that myth? The treacles. They have the same PR firm as the bears. That PR firm told the bears to start the my that in a bear attack you should curl up into a ball and not fight back or run.
Treacles are all "Heeeey man... it's cool, you can pee here... ain't no candirú in this river."
Then BANG! Treacle in your peehole.
I try to help you people but, you know what they say...never wisen a chump or give a sucker an even break.
Furthermore:
(http://raindog.net/ljimages/golden.jpg)
-
Oooo Cioran, you nasty!
-
Balls nasty.
-
I've only seen it in a jar. How else can you get it?
It comes in a tin. You have to lever the top off with a spoon. Google Image Search it and you'll see the good stuff.
-
having looked up golden syrup and all the other cool stuff about sweeteners, ive come to the conclusion that sugar is a complex animal. just complex as hell. all there existing 48764857945687345 ways to make it use-able to man...
-
Golden Syrup is fuck*ng wonderful. Eaten straight out the tin with a spoon, on ice cream, as part of a cake, on toast, mixed with a beverage, whatever, it is a fuck*ng beautiful thing and I will fight any bloke who disparages it as 'fake corn syrup imitation' or whatever abomination above was being used to describe it
I'm actually weeping right now that I do not have any in the cupboard whilst back home there'd be at least 4 tins.
-
They sell Lyle's Golen Syrup at my local grocery store. For some reason British food has its own column of shelves in the international food aisle. The only other nationalities/continents represented are Mexican, Indian, and Asian.
-
Oh, Lyle's Golden Syrup is corn syrup? That shit is fuck*ng delicious.
-
They sell Lyle's Golen Syrup at my local grocery store. For some reason British food has its own column of shelves in the international food aisle. The only other nationalities/continents represented are Mexican, Indian, and Asian.
What? No love for the great nation of Africa?
And yes, golden syrup is delicious on icecream. If only I wasn't so fat/poor I'd have some tonight.
-
Oh, Lyle's Golden Syrup is corn syrup? That shit is fuck*ng delicious.
its a byproduct of sugar manufacturing processes. it has nothing to do with corn.
-
its a byproduct of sugar manufacturing processes. it has nothing to do with corn.
Oh! In that case, fuck that noise.
-
Oh! In that case, fuck that noise.
Just a word of warning there 'bro.
Do not fuck with the commonwealth.
-
Yeah, watch out, man.
They might... overbarbie your shrimp.
They're yahoos, dude, for serious.
-
Yahooligans?
-
No no no, Yahooligans don't get anything done.
You fuck with the commonwealth, you gotta deal with some real men at work.
-
Oh, Lyle's Golden Syrup is corn syrup? That shit is fuck*ng delicious.
Hahahaha. Can-NED
I don't know much about shrimps and barbies but I do know how to disembowel a grown man with a matchday programme and ticket stub when things kick off down t'ground
-
Just a word of warning there 'bro.
Do not fuck with the commonwealth.
Pffft. We threw your asses outta here 230 years ago. Pull the other one, Nigel.
-
Shrimp are the tiny little things that come in cans. The thing you chuck on the barbie is a prawn.
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/district9-header2.jpg)
No, not this one
-
Shrimp are the tiny little things that come in cans.
Not where I come from. (http://www.wholey.com/shrimp.html)
-
See, we would call those prawns.
-
Anyway, I think our more recent tourism slogans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtW5lorr5_s) are much better than "shrimp on the barbie".
-
See, we would call those prawns.
And you would be wrong. Those are shrimp.
-
We're getting dangerously close to a prescriptivism vs. descriptivism incident.
I am locking this thread as a preventative measure.