The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 28, 2009, 01:22:24 pm

Title: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: AugustWest on October 28, 2009, 01:22:24 pm
What a refreshingly straightforward commercial. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RLqLx1iYI)
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: Doc on October 28, 2009, 02:03:57 pm
awesome
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2009, 02:13:03 pm
My immediately reaction: wow, they showed somebody smoking.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: side_show on October 28, 2009, 02:23:49 pm
That's pretty fine. 

AW - you should make a commercial like that for your legal services.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: jaydub on October 28, 2009, 06:16:18 pm
Pretty good production quality for a local commercial.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 06:25:07 pm
I saw that commercial before.  It's actually made by a group that seeks out a redneck business like this and offers to produce a slick commercial for them.  I guess part of the deal is finding a business owner who is un self aware enough to not realize he's being mocked by the film makers.

It's unclear whether this was actually used by the business to sell trailer homes.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 28, 2009, 06:30:39 pm
if i lived in that area and i was in the market for an inexpensive home, id totally look that guy up.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 06:41:53 pm
Here (http://ilovelocalcommercials.com/) is the folks that make the commercials and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msumaGL_wwQ) is the behind the scenes video.
Title: Re: Or don't. I don't care.
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 29, 2009, 01:13:57 am
Here (http://ilovelocalcommercials.com/) is the folks that make the commercials and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msumaGL_wwQ) is the behind the scenes video.

Wait, you mean that seemingly-innocent mobile home ad was actually a commercial for a website? I feel so used!