The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: rowboat on October 28, 2009, 10:03:55 pm

Title: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: rowboat on October 28, 2009, 10:03:55 pm
And if so, why? I haven't done my research, but it seems that most of you are Americans.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 10:07:47 pm
Your answer is in your question.

We are on GMT because everyone is on GMT.  You can adjust for your time zone in your profile settings.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2009, 10:10:21 pm
UTC 4 life, bitches!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: smick on October 28, 2009, 10:26:52 pm
Straight repin' -7, summer time in the 503.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 28, 2009, 10:29:44 pm
UTC 4 life, bitches!
NEG4 HOLLABACK what whaaat
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: rowboat on October 28, 2009, 10:41:53 pm
Your answer is in your question.

We are on GMT because everyone is on GMT.  You can adjust for your time zone in your profile settings.
Um....thanks?
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 10:50:59 pm
You're welcome!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 28, 2009, 10:53:15 pm
 Ahhhhhhwwww Yyyeeeeh... GMT+0 in da haaaaaaaaouse all up in this motherlover, yo. THAT's SOME ORIGINAL GANGSTA SHIT. Buh pfft puh tshht Buh pfft pfft tshhh Buh pfft puh tshht Buh pfft pfft tshhh East coast etc

Did I do it right?
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: smick on October 28, 2009, 11:12:27 pm
Did I do it right?

You got it so right, that now you and I have a time zone beef!  I'm going to go home and write a rap song about you and put it on a unofficially released mix tape.

You had better be ready to respond with a rap song of your own on subsequent unofficial mix tapes!

This will go on for a while, until eventually we "quash the beef*" and eventually we join up and release a track where we trade rap verses about driving cars around a city, generally being lawless and impulsive.

Eventually years from now, one of us will be shot dead.  The other one will be suspect but nothing will be proven, until they are themselves assassinated.   Both of our portraits will be rendered on the hoods of classic cars using almost photo-realistic airbrushing techniques.   Women will cry.  Teenagers will wear shirts with our faces on them.  Parents will be pissed off.

The future is rad.
* - This is, I'm reasonably certain, a homosexualist slang.  I think it means something I'm certainly excited to experience with you!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 11:14:09 pm
And cans will be given.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: dejavroom on October 28, 2009, 11:16:45 pm
-3-izzle, grodies


(are numbers izzable?)

9:13pm as I type this.

smick, I will drive-by your ass over your time zone any time
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 28, 2009, 11:21:49 pm
I feel sorry for those classic cars, all having their resale values depressed by my photorealistic likeness.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 28, 2009, 11:39:38 pm
I love that really good airbrush work (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3532893264/)
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 29, 2009, 01:25:04 am
Minus 6, represent
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: side_show on October 29, 2009, 03:41:40 am
Central Standard Mutha' Fuckah's!  Hellz yeah!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: AugustWest on October 29, 2009, 03:50:30 am
You got it so right, that now you and I have a time zone beef!  I'm going to go home and write a rap song about you and put it on a unofficially released mix tape.

You had better be ready to respond with a rap song of your own on subsequent unofficial mix tapes!

This will go on for a while, until eventually we "quash the beef*" and eventually we join up and release a track where we trade rap verses about driving cars around a city, generally being lawless and impulsive.

Eventually years from now, one of us will be shot dead.  The other one will be suspect but nothing will be proven, until they are themselves assassinated.   Both of our portraits will be rendered on the hoods of classic cars using almost photo-realistic airbrushing techniques.   Women will cry.  Teenagers will wear shirts with our faces on them.  Parents will be pissed off.

The future is rad.
* - This is, I'm reasonably certain, a homosexualist slang.  I think it means something I'm certainly excited to experience with you!

Smick is ON today.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: side_show on October 29, 2009, 03:53:30 am
Yes. He is. He's ON a mountain of tiny cans I am building to him like a tiny little pyramid.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 29, 2009, 04:08:16 am
-6 bitches!!!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: Choop on October 29, 2009, 04:25:56 am
smick is always on, sometimes he's in a different room is all

minus five is how the big kids roll
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: lprkn on October 29, 2009, 04:30:15 am
Y'all better bend over, 'cause it's Mountain Time!
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: pmcd9 on October 29, 2009, 04:38:22 am
That's a cannin'.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 29, 2009, 06:21:14 am
yeah... the time of the day isnt so exciting on the east coast.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: Doc on October 29, 2009, 07:09:34 am
+10 slowpokes. You all try to keep up.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 29, 2009, 09:24:53 am
I love that really good airbrush work (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3532893264/)

Wow, does that artwork include an idealised representation of Ray, and his Chochacho medallion?? I think it does.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2009, 01:07:41 pm
Y'all better bend over, 'cause it's Mountain Time!

I have a Mike Doughty live album where he talks about how much he loves Mountain Time. He pledges to live the lifestyle of Mountain Time. "I think you should always say it. It's about 11:30... Mountain Time."
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 29, 2009, 01:47:56 pm
Mountain time is pretty awesome, actually.  Everything's on TV an hour earlier, so you can watch Letterman at 10:30 instead of 11:30.  Also, sporting events start TWO hours earlier.  On NFL Sundays, we would go to this bar in Albuquerque.  Games started at 11 AM, but they couldn't serve alcohol until noon.  So everyone would be drinking coffee or juice or whatever, and at 11:45 the waitresses would take drink orders.  At the chime o' noon they'd come charging out with huge trays of beer and cocktails, and we would all cheer.
Title: Re: Is this site on GMT?
Post by: jaydub on October 29, 2009, 04:00:59 pm
Wow, does that artwork include an idealised representation of Ray, and his Chochacho medallion?? I think it does.
I like how the sky and tree that are reflected off the hood blend naturally in with the painting - the clouds over the pyramid could either be real (reflected) or part of the painting - I think they're real.