The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: side_show on October 30, 2009, 05:43:38 pm
-
Imagine this scenario:
You are on your way out at your job. Either you have found a better one, or are soon to find one, or you are otherwise going to be leaving your work place. You have not yet tendered your resignation as your future job change has not been resolved entirely. You don't hate your current employer, but you are basically unmotivated to do anything above an beyond the basics of "phoning it in. (http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/1578/)" There is no point in starting new projects at the job, as you hope your departure will be soon. You must appear each day at the prescribed time, sit at your desk for that time, do a basic level of work, and behave in a manner that is socially acceptable. This leaves you with several hours of sitting at a desk, with no one looking too closely at you, but knowing your physical absence would be notable because you are occasionally needed on the phone or in person to answer questions.
What do you do to fill the time?
-
Post on internet messageboards.
-
TL;DR
-
TL;DR
I keep seeing this phrase here; what does it mean?
-
"too long, didn't read"
-
"too long, didn't read"
Wow...seven sentences is too long? C'mon dude, with a name like Isosceles, I know you can plow through worse than that.
-
Don't try to use logic on Isosceles. He's kinda non-Euclidean that way.
-
Wow...seven sentences is too long? C'mon dude, with a name like Isosceles, I know you can plow through worse than that.
the joke being that i, too, am "phoning it in" as regards the reading of topics on the board.
now this beautiful, understated joke has been ritually eviscerated by the act of explanation but hopefully by sprinkling its bloody entrails upon this thread i shall provide all readers with mystical protection that will both ward off the the evil eye and the curse of not getting deadpan humor
hugs
-
Don't try to use logic on Isosceles. He's kinda non-Euclidean that way.
If my real last name were Minkowski this would be the funniest comment ever
-
the joke being that i, too, am "phoning it in" as regards the reading of topics on the board.
OGLIAI;MA
(Oh good lord I'm an idiot; my apologies)
-
(...) and the curse of not getting deadpan humor
deadpan humor needs deadpan delivery. wrong medium
(http://15.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kscbpgOyZH1qzryvmo1_400.jpg)
acceptable medium
-
For a while last year I was playing Interactive Fiction games. Minimal installation + lots of text = hours of fun.
-
There is, naturally, on-line shopping.
This is all theoretical. It is in no way in reference to what I am doing right now. No. Way. At. All.
-
deadpan humor needs deadpan delivery. wrong medium
(http://15.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kscbpgOyZH1qzryvmo1_400.jpg)
acceptable medium
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/images/gurudalek.jpg)
GURU DALEK
am i doin' it rite boss?
-
I believe we have discussed workplace empowerment elsewhere on this board.
-
I'd look for projects that I should do on the computer at home but haven't made time for. SFW stuff of course. Like making cover art for my year-end mix CDs (I still have to do that for 2007, let alone 2008 or 2009), calculating the potential value of having more insulation put in our attic, stuff like that.
-
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/images/gurudalek.jpg)
GURU DALEK
am i doin' it rite boss?
ELUCIDATE...ELUCIDATE...ELUCIDATE
-
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/images/gurudalek.jpg)
GURU DALEK
am i doin' it rite boss?
As is the way of all things that must pass under the Sun, the student has truly surpassed the master. Now we party.
(http://22.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksce4ykiEA1qzryvmo1_400.jpg)
-
As is the way of all things that must pass under the Sun, the student has truly surpassed the master. Now we party.
I would totally party with a *****ic member of an Indo-Aryan religion.
-
(http://bobbyisosceles.com/images/gurudalek.jpg)
GURU DALEK
am i doin' it rite boss?
THIS.
-
As is the way of all things that must pass under the Sun, the student has truly surpassed the master. Now we party.
(http://22.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksce4ykiEA1qzryvmo1_400.jpg)
I have had the privilege of seeing Daler Mehndi live in concert exactly four years and four hours (and as of this edit, four minutes) ago today.
-
I have no idea what is going on, or what that imagery is all about. It's facinating though.
-
Ever since Zalgo came to the board, things have been (more) warped. Bobby Isosceles you asshole.
-
I have no idea what is going on, or what that imagery is all about. It's facinating though.
they're just jabbing at my propensity to make puns
a pun jab, if you will
-
Ever since Zalgo came to the board, things have been (more) warped. Bobby Isosceles you asshole.
T̶̻͔̜̹͉̰̳ͤ̃̉͑̑̂ͤ̚͞ͅu̳̘̠̝̼ͫ̈͂͊͢n̷̛͉͓̟̱̠͍̥̲̪̊͒̂̋́a̧͕̹̝͉̖̲͙͖̽ͦͨ̋̏͗̆͟͝k̥̙̣͙͚̱̪ͯ̉̀̓ͤͅ ̶̃͊͐̽́̒҉̘̳T̡̈́͛̋͂̾ͬ҉̦̱̹͔̺͖̺̱̪u͚̜ͣ̔̊̇̽̐n̺̹ͪ̐̌a̾͑̾̽̓҉̙̻̥̟̩̠̮̮͞kͤͦͪ͏̹̪̜ ̮̳͇̓̔́͋͂̕͞ͅT̴̸͖̘͓͙̯̤̟̈́̑͑̑̒u͈̟̼͑̆ͨ̂̔̚͜͢ñ̷̵͖̱̲͈̦ͭ̅ͤ͑ ̺̭̭̙͚̭̆ͪͅ
̴̺̥͕͍͈͋̀͂̋͝
̻ͩ̄ͩ̒͊͆̾̚ͅ
Ţ̮̰̜̣͇͚ͦ̑ͬ̒̈́͑ͨ̀ū̵̷͈͖̳͈ͤ̾n̛̤͙̼͎͕͔͐͊ͧ̍͆͌ͬ͗̐́a̠̹̞̳̹̠̺̰̱͂̌̉̏̀̆̆͐́͜͞k͙̪̹̮̰͚͊͠͞ ̧͈̭̹̜̻͗ͯ͆̈́ͭ̓͟͡ͅT̸̹̺ͤ̎ͩ̒̚͞u̖͓̼̪͖͔͒̐̾̔͂̈͋̐̆ͅn̫̣̤͓̽ͧ̑̑̚͡ą̛̠̥͙͊̂k̸̻͈̂̒ ̸̙̫̫̻̳̂̏̑͆͢T̷̤͎ͨ̓ͩͣ̉ͥ̈́̍ͨ͠ú̏͏҉͓̤̲͈̬͔͟n̫̜̻͉̞͎̿̈͑ͪͣ̈̿ͅͅ
̴̙̝͓̱͍̥̙ͨͭ
̵̴̝͍͎͖̹͆͆ͮ̒ͅ
T̡̈́̆̊҉̱͙̣͕͖̮͉̘͉ư̗̼̯͎̘̰͈͊ͅn͎̋͗̀ͫ̓ͪ̉̉́̀ã͍̭̽̉́kͮ͆҉̠͎̺̕ ̼͖̺̐͐̃̒͋̀͑͜T̶̢̲͎͎̹̦̪͕̣̾ͮ̅̀ͣü̹̳͕͎͉n̷̨̧͍̹̰̠̮̈a̤̠͕̝̳̖̟͔̩̒̋͢k͍̪̩̺͉͙̓̎ͬ̍ ̆҉̬̗T̢̢̟͖̪̭̥̭̣͍͗̊ͫṵ͉̤̹͙ͬ͐̅͞ň̢͇̫̑ͣͧ̌̒
͓̦ͦͫͬ
͚̜̥̟̳̇̏̒ͯ̍̀̀̕
̝̗̤́ͫ̌D̸̢̲̹̲̲̜͓͉̿̓A̡̫̥̬̤̥͓̿͐̌͐͌̉́ ͆̏̈͛̎̎͋͏̻̯̙̤̗̙̳̗D̸̖̼͓̗̎ͤ͘͟ͅA̅̽̏͏͎̻͉͎͇̦͖͔ ͬ̔͋ͪ͛͏̧͎̠͚͎̗͕D̨͍̞̏̃͌A̢̝̥̗̩̹̙̾̓ͬ̈ͫ̃͒ͅ!̶̬͙̞̬ͫ͗͊͛͝͡!̹͕͓͇̬̭͓͔͙̿̓͑͝!̵͍͙̟̍ͦ̌̆ͨ̃͘
͇̟̖̟͍̠̗͈̔̒ͨ̂̕
͉͎̖͙͎̀ͦ̅̂̽̚
̆̆ͧͫ̌͏̵͚̬Ẕ̬͎̭̞̱̘̤̒͂̽͐͒̀͢͢Ȃ͍̩̜͕ͭ̆̈͒̐̅̀L̰̓ͨͪ͘G̢ͮ̒͏̸͉̜O̧̪̞̝̗̠̘ͤ͋ͩͮ̐̀̕ ̶̧̞͙̪̪̔ͥ̓ͪ̓̈̐̚͞Ç̨͍̫̟̩̤̘̎͛̐ͮ͂͋O̘͖͙̘̜̩ͥ̅ͧͥ͢M͒̃̉̌̓̄͏͖̞͚̻̤̰̕͜E̲̙̹̎̌̚S̶̢̨̲̲͌