The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: robot_god on November 03, 2009, 11:20:32 am

Title: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: robot_god on November 03, 2009, 11:20:32 am
Fuck all that
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: wombat on November 03, 2009, 01:48:57 pm
Can someone tell me where to find the buttons to change the time on these pugs? I really do not need to get up at 7.

Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: jay-ell on November 03, 2009, 01:51:40 pm
While we're at it, can someone explain to me why my son got up and hour and a half early on Sunday? Where did the extra half hour come from?

He's back on his regular schedule like a champ today, though. Great kid.

Still working on the sister.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2009, 02:13:44 pm
I hate driving home the first day that it is full-on dark out at rush hour. For some reason everybody acts like there is 2 feet of snow on the ground on this day. It's just darkness, people. It happens for a decent sized chunk of over year.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: Doc on November 04, 2009, 07:47:32 am
Can someone tell me where to find the buttons to change the time on these pugs? I really do not need to get up at 7.

I spent fully ten second trying to work out what word was filtering to pug. Then I realised sometimes word filters aren't necessary.

I live in the only state in my country without daylight savings but I've also generally worked jobs that have flexible hours anyway so I guess I win both ways?
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: jaydub on November 04, 2009, 05:02:27 pm
I have seriously considered moving to Arizona because they don't observe Daylight time.  I spend the entire summer sleep deprived.  My body does not adjust.  I've spent the past 3 days feeling awesome in the mornings, despite fighting off some cold bug.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: rowboat on November 04, 2009, 05:11:09 pm
I have seriously considered moving to Arizona because they don't observe Daylight time.
I didn't know that. If it were....basically anywhere but Arizona I would seriously consider relocating. Daylight savings is the worst idea people have come up with since making drugs illegal.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: pmcd9 on November 04, 2009, 05:21:00 pm
There's also Indiana.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: rowboat on November 04, 2009, 05:24:45 pm
There's also Indiana.
That seems slightly more doable. I'm a hoosier at heart.
Title: Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
Post by: AugustWest on November 04, 2009, 06:42:31 pm
That seems slightly more doable. I'm a hoosier at heart.

Indiana observes DST statewide now. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana)