The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2009, 10:07:29 pm

Title: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 10, 2009, 10:07:29 pm
Here are the categories.  If you want to nominate someone in any or all of these categories do it via PM.

MVP (Most Valuable Poster):  Who do you think makes the best post, the criteria is totally up to you what entails a good poster.

Most Popular (formerly Mr/Ms Congeniality):  This is the poster that you like the best.  Someone you could see yourself hanging out with IRL and having a drink and sharing a laugh.

Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b):  Which Newbie made the best impact on you this year.

Gone But Not Forgotten (Formerly MIA but still in our hearts):  This is someone from the boards past that for whatever reason no longer posts around these parts.  Who is your favorite long lost poster?

Best Thread:  Which thread brought the funny and or EDUCATION the most this year.  This is a good chance for newbs and oldtimers alike to spend a little bit of time in the archives remembering what made TOUAMB good this past year.  Remember to include a link with your nomination so I don't have to spend much time trying to find it.  I'll take nominations on threads with starting dates back to October 2008.

Comic of the Year:  Not really about TOUAMB, but whatever.  What was your favorite Achewood comic of 2009.  Will accept nominations going back to October of 2008.

Once a reasonable number of nominations have been gathered I will post polls for the general population to vote on.

Remember to make your nominations via Private Message to me Pmcd9 (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=13). 

Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2009, 11:24:01 am
But wait, there's more.  One additional category has been added.

Stealth Poster of the Year:  This person keeps a low profile but their contributions are virtually always welcome.

So far I've received only one PM.  Start seriously thinking about those nominations and send them to me Pmcd9 (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=13)
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2009, 10:16:57 pm
Still looking for nominations for TOUAMBies.  So far only a few responses.  I'm only going to hold the nominating period open for a short while so please take the time to make your nominations.

Thanks!
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: wombat on November 11, 2009, 11:33:13 pm
Can we nominate more than one person for the same award?
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: Choop on November 11, 2009, 11:47:28 pm
i did
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 04:47:49 pm
Can we nominate more than one person for the same award?

I say yes.  As of yet I haven't received enough nominations to make a proper poll for some categories.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 04:49:15 pm
This is your daily reminder to submit your nominations.  I've only heard from a few of you so far.  Make sure your favorites are represented, vote today.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: wombat on November 12, 2009, 04:50:46 pm
Maybe you should nag people in other threads.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 04:51:57 pm
Good idea.  Submit your nominations or I'm gonna bring the nagging to you!
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 12, 2009, 06:11:58 pm
I nominate Robert T. "Bobby" Isosceles.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 06:26:12 pm
I nominate Robert T. "Bobby" Isosceles.

Troll of the year.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: wombat on November 12, 2009, 06:27:47 pm
Troll of the century.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: dejavroom on November 12, 2009, 06:30:17 pm
Troll of the year.

Seriously? You're into this? I know... a guy, we can make it happen.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 06:33:21 pm
Seriously? You're into this? I know... a guy, we can make it happen.

No, he's the lifetime achievement award winner. 

Although he deserves mention because he is indirectly responsible for bringing JL back to the board.

Thanks Mr. Wonderful!
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: jay-ell on November 12, 2009, 06:43:09 pm
No, he's the lifetime achievement award winner. 

Although he deserves mention because he is indirectly responsible for bringing JL back to the board.

Thanks Shithead!

He is also directly responsible for my relinquishing my admin privileges. Enjoy the regime change.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 06:45:46 pm
I love our new overlords.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 14, 2009, 08:34:32 am
I am still taking nominations.  I will be taking nominations through Monday.  Time to step up and make your nominations in the 7 categories.

Do it now!!!
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 14, 2009, 05:16:55 pm
I will be taking nominations through Monday so I expect that those of you who haven't submitted will take the remainder of the weekend and spend it in quiet contemplation of the choices and submit them to me before the deadline.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 16, 2009, 04:08:56 pm
I'm gonna cut off nominations at midnight tonight.  So now is your last chance to get your nominations in.  There are still quite a few of you I haven't heard from.  You're input is valued.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 05:33:36 am
Still 30 minutes left to make nominations.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 17, 2009, 06:30:31 am
My apologies, I just can't form a timeline in my head for what would fit appropriate nominations within this period of time.

My life is... kind of fucked right now and everything has been kind of timeless for a while.

Mea maxima culpa.
Title: Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 06:51:55 am
Nominations are Closed!