The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 12:45:07 am

Title: Google Wave
Post by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 12:45:07 am
Who's on? I got an invite today - we know a guy who works at Google. If you're on, post here so we can find each other.

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I'll post again when I figure the thing out.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 11, 2009, 01:02:17 am
Im on. Lets start a company so we can actually do something with it. I mean, it will be nice once it hits critical mass, but right now its like being the only man on earth with a telephone.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Choop on November 11, 2009, 01:03:25 am
i'm on with one of my aliases, and a-cap nailed the feeling.

PM for my wave address.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 11, 2009, 05:10:16 am
so its like gmaill chat, only you can share other crap?  i still dont see what the big deal is...
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Choop on November 11, 2009, 05:23:04 am
it's like IM + IRC and embedded videos and maps and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 11, 2009, 06:54:40 am
it's like IM + IRC and embedded videos and maps and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0

i totally went and found that video on my own a while ago.  its a decent idea, but i dont have many people i communicate with in that way.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Doc on November 11, 2009, 07:15:11 am
I saw that last week and decided it was the coolest damn thing ever but that no one I know would use it, so I didn't apply for an invite. Except now I have, because of you.
Just when I think I'm out...
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Ruta Bagas on November 11, 2009, 08:48:09 am
I've been using Wave for a Secret Project it's pretty suited to and it's been tip-top, except for becoming painfully slow when a wave gets too long.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: wombat on November 11, 2009, 02:21:19 pm
Oh god, not another new technology.... get back to me when they have a real advance like Smell-o-vision or something, OK?
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2009, 02:39:40 pm
Remember when a new technology was something to get excited about?
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 11, 2009, 02:56:08 pm
Choop and I had a conversation last night and I can see the advantage over AIM or whatever. Itll be nice once everyone has it.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Choop on November 11, 2009, 04:12:08 pm
tbh a-cap it was exactly like IRC except threaded.

one feature it's missing (that i thought it was supposed to have) is pasting random pictures and clips of webpages, like in google reader. THAT shit would get awesome. instead you can embed videos and maps but not simple pictures and clippings.

also a-cap were you drunk because you kept. going. off. topic. gah. i didn't want to say anything last night because i thought it might be rude but i'm distanced from it now so yeah.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 11, 2009, 04:59:28 pm
tbh a-cap it was exactly like IRC except threaded.

one feature it's missing (that i thought it was supposed to have) is pasting random pictures and clips of webpages, like in google reader. THAT shit would get awesome. instead you can embed videos and maps but not simple pictures and clippings.

also a-cap were you drunk because you kept. going. off. topic. gah. i didn't want to say anything last night because i thought it might be rude but i'm distanced from it now so yeah.
I was doing two dozen things last night, our conversation was one of them. Sorry about that. Let us know how the home audio thing works out.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 11, 2009, 05:53:09 pm
I was doing two dozen things last night

A 12 pack?

So, I am all waved up, and man... I do not get it yet.

The future is scary.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 08:48:31 pm
PM me your username and I will hook us up.

We can learn together.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 11, 2009, 10:36:10 pm
I'm in the Achewave already.

I'm "Shawn McBride", which is the root of all smick.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 13, 2009, 05:13:54 pm
I HAVE GOOGLE WAVE INVITES.  THESE ARE SLOW-WAVE INVITES THAT TAKE ABOUT A DAY TO SHOW UP.

WHO WANTS THEM?
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 13, 2009, 05:19:05 pm
I HAVE GOOGLE WAVE INVITES.  THESE ARE SLOW-WAVE INVITES THAT TAKE ABOUT A DAY TO SHOW UP.

WHO WANTS THEM?

I'd be happy to get an invite.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: dejavroom on November 13, 2009, 05:33:07 pm
I WANT ONE.


SMICK, I WANT ONE.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2009, 05:44:06 pm
I kind of want to check this shindig out
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 13, 2009, 06:37:57 pm
ADD THEM TO THE DONG THREAD CAPPY
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 13, 2009, 06:41:11 pm
I'LL NEED EMAIL ADDRESSES, AND I WILL GET THEM OUT DIRECTLY.

BOBBY: BE CAREFUL OF CAPPY NICK COLLISIONS.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2009, 07:24:14 pm
I'LL NEED EMAIL ADDRESSES, AND I WILL GET THEM OUT DIRECTLY.

BOBBY: BE CAREFUL OF CAPPY NICK COLLISIONS.

My user name at gmail.com
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2009, 09:06:24 pm
Invite received. Thanks. Like most people I have no idea what to do with it. Google doesn't even have it in their Dashboard yet. Tsk tsk.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Choop on November 13, 2009, 10:17:17 pm
for those of you already in:
https://survey.googleratings.com/wix/p3726709.aspx

a survey on your experiences with wave

oddly enough, it's written in asp.net
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: AugustWest on November 13, 2009, 10:27:17 pm
If and when somebody has a spare, I'd like one.  It's my real name at gmail.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 13, 2009, 11:16:12 pm
Send me a PM, Mr. West.

(also, I'm home and can relent from CAPS LOCK FRIDAY).
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 14, 2009, 02:12:34 am
If and when somebody has a spare, I'd like one.  It's my real name at gmail.

Sent.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2009, 03:16:03 am
Sent.
Thanks, dude.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: pmcd9 on November 14, 2009, 04:56:38 am
my user name + underscore + 2000 at yahoo dot com

If there are anymore invites floating around.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: dejavroom on November 16, 2009, 07:33:15 pm
I went, saw and left sobbing. I'm officially scared of New Things as of now =(
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: smick on November 16, 2009, 10:52:49 pm
Sended.
Title: Re: Google Wave
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 23, 2010, 05:09:26 am
I have 25 invites.