The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Chump Change on November 11, 2009, 08:35:34 pm

Title: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: Chump Change on November 11, 2009, 08:35:34 pm
http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-11 (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-11)

Okay, I chuckled audibly at this one.

The whole bottom row is fantastic.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: pmcd9 on November 11, 2009, 08:42:11 pm
Whimsy!
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 08:50:38 pm
I like that I don't have to check two comic sites daily to see if they've updated, but can just come here instead.

This is convenient for me.

Also, I think "affix" is perfectly reasonable onomatopoeia and should not have been rejected.

ETA: I just sent Ben Driscoll a message letting him know about this forum. Hopefully he will be honored and not pissed off.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: Driscoll on November 11, 2009, 08:58:42 pm
I got your message, I am super flattered.

You know, I already have an account here, I've posted a few times in the Daisy Owl thread.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: CortJstr on November 11, 2009, 09:00:01 pm
Also, I think "affix" is perfectly reasonable onomatopoeia and should not have been rejected.

QFT
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 09:05:53 pm
I got your message, I am super flattered.

You know, I already have an account here, I've posted a few times in the Daisy Owl thread.

Neat! Thanks for stopping by again! You must have come in during my most recent yearlong hiatus. Feel free to stop in as often as you like, and to disregard anything you read here as the incoherent blathering of a community of fools.

It's how we all stay sane.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: TedStriker on November 11, 2009, 09:17:35 pm
I would've totally chosen the lucky Groucho glasses.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: wombat on November 11, 2009, 09:30:10 pm
I am glad this is a flashback so we know that everything is going to be OK.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: jay-ell on November 11, 2009, 09:36:23 pm
I showed this comic to my toddler and she correctly identified Cooper as a baby and decided that he needed more applesauce.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: Lister on November 12, 2009, 05:43:28 am
That is what babies nearly always need.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 12, 2009, 05:59:12 am
I showed this comic to my toddler and she correctly identified Cooper as a baby and decided that he needed more applesauce.

you are raising her up right, indeed.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: Doc on November 12, 2009, 08:15:34 am
Somewhere in that box there is a lucky locket with a picture of your sweetheart. That lucky charm is the roller skate of lucky charms.

I am supporting Mr. Driscoll in his rejection of Affix, I enjoy unusual onomatapeia but think his solution is more classy.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 12, 2009, 08:13:09 pm
I seem to be only able to post in this forum part.

Did I, uh, piss someone off and not know it?
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: jay-ell on November 12, 2009, 08:19:35 pm
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is routinely flummoxed by the group permissions.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: AugustWest on November 12, 2009, 08:20:54 pm
I seem to be only able to post in this forum part.

Did I, uh, piss someone off and not know it?

Try now.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: jay-ell on November 12, 2009, 08:23:34 pm
I showed this comic to my toddler and she correctly identified Cooper as a baby and decided that he needed more applesauce.

Also, while posting on this board, my toddler pointed at the TOUAMB logo, specifically at Roast Beef, and declared him a "sad baby."

I think I'm raising her properly, don't you?
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 12, 2009, 08:24:53 pm
Gracias for the fix, I 'preciate.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 12, 2009, 08:40:42 pm
Also, while posting on this board, my toddler pointed at the TOUAMB logo, specifically at Roast Beef, and declared him a "sad baby."

I think I'm raising her properly, don't you?

AWWWWW.  I almost gave you a hearty "awww" for the first baby pronouncement, but this just pushes it right over the edge.  What a doll!
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: pmcd9 on November 12, 2009, 09:13:49 pm
Gracias for the fix, I 'preciate.

Now you can get to the important work of making your  TOUAMBie nominations.
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 12, 2009, 09:55:29 pm
Funniest Nag Category: pmcd9

I tried inventing the Welcome Back Kotter category (for jay-ell, of course).  Next year!
Title: Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
Post by: side_show on November 16, 2009, 09:30:25 pm
I agree - "affix" is not a sound.  The sound of affixing is... not type-able.