The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_god on November 12, 2009, 06:29:27 pm

Title: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: robot_god on November 12, 2009, 06:29:27 pm
I was pretty happy with the last Dark hoss book, so I'll buy this one too, but the price has gone up a considerable percent from the first two.  Is this a scheme?

Now that I think of it, I was kind of disappointed with the GOF one, but Vol II was great.  Anyway, the recession is over, so no worries I guess.  $$$
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: CortJstr on November 12, 2009, 06:51:41 pm
To be fair the book is currently selling for MSRP which is only $1.04 more than volume 2's (list $15.95). I imagine as the release date nears the price will drop to closer to volume 2's $10 price point.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: robot_god on November 13, 2009, 05:39:19 am
Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 13, 2009, 01:39:19 pm
Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.

I preordered Vol 3 yesterday, but it occurred to me I didn't see a release date.  Anyone know?
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2009, 02:01:32 pm
Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.

Volume 2 ended up selling for ~$10 on Amazon but the MSRP is actually $15.95. Right now Amazon is selling Vol. 3 at its full price of $16.99 but I imagine they'll drop it to ~$11 as the release date approaches.

Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 13, 2009, 02:20:24 pm
Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April

Thanks!  I didn't get a confirmation email because that email account is so full I can't even open up my inbox to clean it out.  It just times out while trying to retrieve over 5,000 old emails going back 12 years or so.  (whoops)
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: robot_god on November 13, 2009, 10:23:09 pm
Volume 2 ended up selling for ~$10 on Amazon but the MSRP is actually $15.95. Right now Amazon is selling Vol. 3 at its full price of $16.99 but I imagine they'll drop it to ~$11 as the release date approaches.

Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April

So it is a scheme.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: rowboat on December 15, 2009, 12:48:53 am
Hey, can someone clarify something for me? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure before I buy. Volume II is actually Volume I, right? I mean, disregarding the GOF (as I am wont to do).

What I mean is Vol. II starts with Philippe standing on it, yeah?
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: CortJstr on December 15, 2009, 01:42:19 am
Hey, can someone clarify something for me? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure before I buy. Volume II is actually Volume I, right? I mean, disregarding the GOF (as I am wont to do).

What I mean is Vol. II starts with Philippe standing on it, yeah?

Correct. DH considers the Great Outdoor Fight to be Vol I since they published it first.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: Chump Change on December 15, 2009, 01:44:50 am
Vol. II contains Philippe standing on it, although the pre-cats strips are actually in the back of the book. But yes.

I'd highly recommend the GOF book, though - the extra prose is worth it.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: linnea on December 15, 2009, 02:51:02 am
I'm still waiting for the Volume II of the Cookbook. I was the first person to pre-order. I wonder when it will be released.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: CortJstr on December 15, 2009, 03:23:56 am
I'm still waiting for the Volume II of the Cookbook. I was the first person to pre-order. I wonder when it will be released.

I was just thinking that. I had a t-shirt in that order as well. It will definitely not be t-shirt season by the time it arrives.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: wombat on December 15, 2009, 03:37:08 am
As I have mentioned (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3806.msg139075.html#msg139075) I have been waiting for the promised second cookbook since 2004, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: rowboat on December 15, 2009, 05:12:57 am
Cool. And CC, a friend of mine owns the GOF book, so I have read and enjoyed most of the additional text. Maybe I'll buy it someday just to round out my theoretical future collection (the 'zines are the only things I've bought had bought for me), but right now I really just want these other two.

Really bummed that the first cookbook is no longer available. I know I had plenty of time to buy it, but I'm just now finally ready to and I'm too late.
Title: Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
Post by: linnea on December 15, 2009, 05:22:54 am
Cool. And CC, a friend of mine owns the GOF book, so I have read and enjoyed most of the additional text. Maybe I'll buy it someday just to round out my theoretical future collection (the 'zines are the only things I've bought had bought for me), but right now I really just want these other two.

Really bummed that the first cookbook is no longer available. I know I had plenty of time to buy it, but I'm just now finally ready to and I'm too late.

Holy shit. It's out of print? I'm keeping my copy in my bedroom, far away from the horrors of the kitchen. I'll copy recipes onto 3x5 cards, dammit. Even my Mom read the first Achewood cookbook that I have, and she laughed her ass off. She loved it. She's never read Achewood, but she thought it was awesome.

I pre-ordered Vol II a long time ago. Hope it gets here soon.

**Edited to add: I know how you feel, rowboat. I should have ordered a Geometry hoodie back when they were still making them as custom made-to-order pieces. By the time I finally decided to cough up the dinero, Liz emailed me back and said, "Sorry, those are no longer available. We only sell pre-made items now" or something to that effect.

I shoulda coulda wouda, you know? Sigh.