The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 02:09:53 am

Title: Comic of the Year
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 02:09:53 am
Probably not Achewood's best year, but still a lot of good strips got nominated.

Here are your nominees:

02/21/2009  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212009

02/19/2009  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02192009

09/04/2009  http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuackNHjD

12/24/2008  http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua9R319D

01/12/2009  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01122009
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 01:46:21 pm
Oh, so hard. Do I vote for the one that made me laugh, or the one that made me cry?
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 04:55:04 pm
Man. I got the impression that you were kind of grasping for votes with this thing. I thought for sure mine would be represented. Oh well. Can't please everyone.

Guess I'll have to go with X-mas eve. It was in the running for my vote anyway.
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 05:45:18 pm
In other words: "A BLOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOO! BLOO BLOOOO! A BLOO BLA BLOOO!"
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 05:14:33 am
oh god, the garage sale one versus the christmas eve one.  The garage sale one versus the christmas eve one.  It's true, wombat--the one that made me laugh out loud and share with all my friends and family, or the one that I read again and again feeling deeper and more coloratura melancholy each time through? 
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 19, 2009, 05:26:23 am
Im not voting here because my nomination didnt even make it. So... :-P
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2009, 06:21:18 am
how can you cretins vote against a certain legal tenderness that is the most basically like treasure thing to come from such as beef's mouth
Title: Re: Comic of the Year
Post by: rowboat on November 19, 2009, 04:37:15 pm
how can you cretins vote against a certain legal tenderness that is the most basically like treasure thing to come from such as beef's mouth
I can't bring myself to vote for it mainly (and perhaps somewhat unfairly) because it was up for basically an entire month. Checking back for updates and seeing it day after day like that really made it lose its flavor. Ain't no comic good enough to justify that (plus it wasn't, like, bust-a-gut funny anyway). Also, I always dig on the sad strips like Christmas Eve 1981 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242008). I'm glad that's not what he does all the time, but he is damn good at pullin' the heart strings.

Just for the record, my vote for best comic of the year originally went to The Carcinoslippery Slope (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04232009). You probably have to be a smoker to really get it, but it resonates. It's not fantastic or anything, but this was kind of a down year. Too much time given to lackluster arcs. Not enough little one-off gems like this. However, How It's Going! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11152009) really gave it a run for its money, although I heard that it was "ineligible" for nomination.