The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 03:37:11 am

Title: Best Thread
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 03:37:11 am
What have we been talking about that made us giggle or made us think?

Here are the nominations for Best Thread:

Hey Bobby, Have You Seen This One? - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4826.0.html
Topic started by: Pmcd9

Raise your hand if you are uncircumcised - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4877.0.html
Topic started by ***** God

Maki - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5207.0.html
Topic started by sideshow

Wombat Watches the Super Bowl - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4828.0.html
Topic started by Pmcd9

Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5150.0.html
Topic started by alreadyinuse
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 04:07:12 am
This is hard. We are pretty damn funny.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 18, 2009, 05:42:26 am
Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal - http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5150.0.html
Topic started by alreadyinuse

This is for our coordinated and spontaneous community response to trolling.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 01:42:56 pm
I think that thread deserves a separate award for Community Service instead.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 05:24:46 pm
Ooo, I am extremely unhappy with the voting trend here. You are all succumbing to the misconception that just because something is a serious topic, it is of higher quality.

Hey, I just realized what is wrong with our approach here - a election is supposed to have campaigning. What's with all this voting in the polls and not posting in the thread?
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: jaydub on November 18, 2009, 05:34:24 pm
I'm giving a lot of thought to this one.  Currently I'm favoring the Maki thread, because on re-reading it I was laughing so hard that I was making snot bubbles.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: jay-ell on November 18, 2009, 05:41:03 pm
Ooo, I am extremely unhappy with the voting trend here. You are all succumbing to the misconception that just because something is a serious topic, it is of higher quality.

Hey, I just realized what is wrong with our approach here - a election is supposed to have campaigning. What's with all this voting in the polls and not posting in the thread?

The rest of us mere mortals can't see the results yet, so don't give anything away!
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 06:36:15 pm
The rest of us mere mortals can't see the results yet, so don't give anything away!

I am giving away that so far the answer is wrong so that you people can shape up.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 18, 2009, 08:17:07 pm
Wombat is campaigning against my nomination.
After all I've done for you, wombles...
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 08:38:29 pm
This race is shaping up nicely so far, very close.  I don't know how many total votes we should expect.  I encourage all lurkers to cast your votes. 
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: side_show on November 18, 2009, 08:44:53 pm
Vote for Maki - Maki for all!

Do you know what tastes great with a tiny can of Doctor Pepper?  A Delicious, hand rolled giraffe Maki.  Or if you're looking to indulge in something truly gourmet:  giraffe Placenta Maki.  

Would you want to eat a Foreskin Maki?  Hell no!  Troll & Pug Maki?  Equal parts foul and hearbreaking!  Superbowl Maki?  That is a hot dog sir or madam!  Bacon Maki?  Okay... maybe that last one wouldn't be so bad.

Regardless...

A vote for Maki is a vote for all that is good in the world.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Ben-San on November 18, 2009, 09:02:33 pm
Bacon nigiri is a common form of very cheap sushi in Japanese sushi restaurants, as I understand it. I haven't heard of bacon maki, though.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: AugustWest on November 18, 2009, 09:06:08 pm

Would you want to eat a Foreskin Maki?  Hell no!  

1)  You just got married not long ago, didn't you?

2)  Yeah, but if you rub on it a little you get twice as much.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: side_show on November 18, 2009, 09:43:19 pm
AW, my husband's foreskin is long gone -- rotted in a vat of medical waste in some prairie dumpsite, or incinerated.  Either way, 28 year old rotten medical waste or cremated ashes are not a filling for any maki I want to eat.  No matter how tasty the sushi rice that surrounds it, I say no thank you sir.  And the foreskin doesn't grow.  It stretches. 

Also, Ben-san, I've never seen Bacon at a sushi restaurant, but I've only been to multiple Canadian ones, one in Minneapolis, one in Cuba, and one in Indonesia. 
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: CortJstr on November 18, 2009, 11:25:52 pm
I've only been to multiple Canadian ones, one in Minneapolis, one in Cuba, and one in Indonesia. 

Only.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Ben-San on November 19, 2009, 12:07:52 am
Also, Ben-san, I've never seen Bacon at a sushi restaurant, but I've only been to multiple Canadian ones, one in Minneapolis, one in Cuba, and one in Indonesia. 

It's basically a thing I've heard of as being the cheapest sushi at chain conveyor-belt-sushi places in Japan, since it doesn't require nearly the effort or freshness of ingredients that giraffe sushi does. I don't know how common it is or isn't.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: oball on November 19, 2009, 12:10:17 am
AW, my husband's foreskin is long gone -- rotted in a vat of medical waste in some prairie dumpsite, or incinerated.

When I was a small child, one day I guess I must have seen my dad getting out of the shower and asked why his thingy looked different, so my parents explained about circumcision.  All good, until later that evening when we went out for dinner, and out of nowhere I asked at the top of my voice "But what did they do with daddy's foreskin?" in the middle of a crowded restaurant.  My parents love to tell this story to anyone who will listen, such as my friends.



Oh, and apparently they often get used as a source of neonatal human fibroblasts for cell culture.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: miles on November 19, 2009, 03:56:47 am
AW, my husband's foreskin is long gone -- rotted in a vat of medical waste in some prairie dumpsite, or incinerated.

Jesus, when you put it that way...

Kind of takes the romance out of it, doesn't it.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2009, 05:16:22 am
Sheesh.  You try to tell a little off color joke...
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Doc on November 19, 2009, 08:30:10 am
I liked the foreskin thread because it basically has all aspects of TOUAMB in it, it goes between social, moral issues, internet arguments and dick jokes.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2009, 02:29:47 pm
Sheesh.  You try to tell a little off color joke...

Sorry - I probably should have added a little *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* to make clear I wasn't actually offended.  I am campaigning for Maki, that is all this is about for me.  I will beat foreskins into the ground.  Hmm... that sounds... odd and possibly tribal/ritualistic/Amazonian.  Oh well.

Also, I had sushi for dinner last night, thanks to how revisiting the thread lead to reigniting my craving. 
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: wombat on November 19, 2009, 04:19:42 pm
I liked the foreskin thread because it basically has all aspects of TOUAMB in it, it goes between social, moral issues, internet arguments and dick jokes.

I could do without the internet arguments, frankly.

Damn, I am so tempted to abuse my awesome powers here, assuming I could figure out how. But instead, I will resolve that if I get any of the awards for which I am nominated, I will pass them on to deserving losers of other awards.  After all, I should be content with the honor of being appointed an admin. Um, it is an honor, right?
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: jay-ell on November 19, 2009, 04:22:44 pm
I should be content with the honor of being appointed an admin. Um, it is an honor, right?

That's how they got me in.
Title: Re: Best Thread
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 19, 2009, 05:25:56 pm
Sorry - I probably should have added a little *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* to make clear I wasn't actually offended.  I am campaigning for Maki, that is all this is about for me.  I will beat foreskins into the ground.  Hmm... that sounds... odd and possibly tribal/ritualistic/Amazonian.  Oh well.

Also, I had sushi for dinner last night, thanks to how revisiting the thread lead to reigniting my craving. 

You will beat their swords into plowshares and their foreskins into rubber bands