The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 04:20:59 am

Title: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 04:20:59 am
The year of the assetbar refugee.  The old message board verily has been rejuvenated by the influx of newcomers in the last couple of months.  Many have already had a big impact and this category is where we decide who will earn the title of Newbie of the Year.

Your nominees are GreenKoolayd, Bluemoon 72, Ted Striker, Chump Change, Toaster
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Doc on November 18, 2009, 07:32:47 am
I totally forgot Toaster counted as a newbie, does that count in his favour or against? Who can say!
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: TedStriker on November 18, 2009, 06:40:47 pm
FACT! TedStriker is a newbie.

FACT! As shown by his avatar, he is sweating profusely...about this award.

FACT! Abuse of the third person isn't funny.

FACT! Toaster posts circles around his ass.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 06:52:10 pm
FACT! TedStriker is a newbie.

FACT! As shown by his avatar, he is sweating profusely...about this award.

FACT! Abuse of the third person isn't funny.

FACT! Toaster posts circles around his ass.
You got my vote, man. You battled me and won by a nose (before Bobby I. swooped in and made us both look like pansies). Folks speak highly of this Toaster dude, but I can't remember a single one of his posts. Then again, I'm so new that I barely even know what's going on here. Anyway, Godspeed.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: jay-ell on November 18, 2009, 06:55:05 pm
You got my vote, man. You battled me and won by a nose (before Bobby I. swooped in and made us both look like pansies). Folks speak highly of this Toaster dude, but I can't remember a single one of his posts. Then again, I'm so new that I barely even know what's going on here. Anyway, Godspeed.

And now I'm wondering why Rowboat isn't in the list. When we nominated people, I forgot that he hasn't been here all along.

Lots of new blood 'round here lately. No such thing as too much of a good thing.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 08:27:05 pm
And now I'm wondering why Rowboat isn't in the list.
Aw, I wasn't expecting that. I figure you gotta be especially nice and/or especially funny to win these kinds of things and neither of those are really my forte. Besides, I'D THINK I LOST MY TOUCH!
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 08:40:04 pm
Aw, I wasn't expecting that. I figure you gotta be especially nice and/or especially funny to win these kinds of things and neither of those are really my forte. Besides, I'D THINK I LOST MY TOUCH!


Well you did spend most of your first month here complaining that we treat assetbar unfairly so there is also that.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 18, 2009, 08:47:05 pm
Quote from: Arachno-capitalist on November 16, 2009, 10:32:33 PM via PM to pmcd9
Quote
Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b):  The chick who took a picture of her butt in her office and by like day 2 was telling us her plans to dump her husband because she met a guy on assbar.

It was Blumoon72. I meant to say Bluemoon72

Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 08:56:44 pm
It was Blumoon72. I meant to say Bluemoon72

I knew who you meant and I don't want to give anything away, but if anyone else hopes to have even a ghost of a chance in this particular race I suggest you start posting pictures of your ass muy pronto!

 ;D

Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 09:11:16 pm
Well you did spend most of your first month here complaining that we treat assetbar unfairly so there is also that.
OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, man. Really, I'm just about now nearing the end of my first month of really posting regularly here and I don't think I've mentioned assetbar in about three weeks. And anyway, it was an issue that I felt needed to be discussed. It was and I dropped it. Since then I've just been talking about shit I hate, which is what I do.

In any case, I'll say it again - I had no expectations of being nominated. I would've been shocked if I had been.

P.S. Just for the record (as if it mattered):

My first mention of assetbar on TOUAMB - 10/16

My last mention of assetbar on TOUAMB - 10/25

Total mentions of asssetbar on TOUAMB - 5

Just had to clear that up with a little research.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 04:22:52 am
I am chagrined I have but one ass to give to give to this campaign.  However, if I am the honored recipient of this illustrious award, I hereby proclaim my ACTUAL ass to be shown..a full moon, as it were.  Please, carry on.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2009, 05:52:58 am
i totally would have gotten this award if all you assholes hadnt shown up with your superior awesomeness...... [[sigh]]
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Mr Trout on November 19, 2009, 05:57:18 am
I am chagrined I have but one ass to give to give to this campaign.  However, if I am the honored recipient of this illustrious award, I hereby proclaim my ACTUAL ass to be shown..a full moon, as it were.  Please, carry on.

Wow, now there's a party platform! Asses for all!
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: jaydub on November 19, 2009, 05:59:46 am
Its certainly worth getting behind.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Choop on November 19, 2009, 06:23:06 am
that'll guarantee it's bluemoon in the end
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Chump Change on November 19, 2009, 06:29:43 am
Mind if I butt i- okay that was terrible, bluemoon wins

I am so, so sorry.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2009, 06:29:53 pm
If El Guapo were around you guys'd all be banned now.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2009, 06:52:32 pm
If El Guapo were around you guys'd all be banned now.

???
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2009, 07:15:17 pm
???

http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,12.0.html

See Rule 4.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: jay-ell on November 19, 2009, 07:34:31 pm
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,12.0.html

See Rule 4.

Wow, I was hard core back in the day.

2003. Oh, that's why - I didn't have my own kids to yell at yet.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 19, 2009, 08:12:52 pm
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,12.0.html

See Rule 4.

Ha, I figured it was an "off-color postings are disallowed" kind of rule, but anti-bad-pun is hilarious.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: AugustWest on November 19, 2009, 08:59:01 pm
Ha, I figured it was an "off-color postings are disallowed" kind of rule, but anti-bad-pun is hilarious.

I'm a little sensitive because I was the first (and to date, only, I think) member banned under the rule.  El Guapo showed mercy upon me, and Lo! I have achieved my current exalted position.

But you punsters should act as if you didn't give the Governor a "Harrumph".
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: jay-ell on November 19, 2009, 09:15:41 pm
I'm a little sensitive because I was the first (and to date, only, I think) member banned under the rule.  El Guapo showed mercy upon me, and Lo! I have achieved my current exalted position.

But you punsters should act as if you didn't give the Governor a "Harrumph".

That's just 'cause he thinks he can get away with more with "family."

Did you know he calls you "Uncle Frank" now?
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 01:22:45 am
That's just 'cause he thinks he can get away with more with "family."

Did you know he calls you "Uncle Frank" now?

Huh.  Well, I was in Philly a few years ago and I met up with...

Wait.  Never mind.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 04:21:04 am
so how is it pronounced, anyway
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 05:22:17 am
so how is it pronounced, anyway

With great aplomb.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 20, 2009, 03:51:15 pm
so how is it pronounced, anyway

Just remember: "Jough coughs as he ploughs the tough dough."

Couldn't be simpler.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 03:53:04 pm
Just remember: "Jough coughs as he ploughs through the tough dough."

Couldn't be simpler.

FTFY.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 05:30:30 pm
Voiced glottal fricative people.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 20, 2009, 07:25:33 pm
I have actually had him call me and say "Hey this is Jough."  I will keep his secret though.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 07:35:15 pm
Voiced glottal fricative people.

that combination of words doesnt make it any clearer to me.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 08:14:44 pm
that combination of words doesnt make it any clearer to me.


It's the part between "WAR!" and "Good God Y'all! What is it good for?"
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 08:26:36 pm
It's the part between "WAR!" and "Good God Y'all! What is it good for?"

thank you for the free learning.  i appreciate when people that are nerdy in ways that i dont understand help me out.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 08:48:24 pm

It's the part between "WAR!" and "Good God Y'all! What is it good for?"


Or, more subtly, the part between "Hawai" and "i". 
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 09:03:17 pm
Or, more subtly, the part between "Hawai" and "i". 

That's a glottal stop.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 20, 2009, 09:12:02 pm
That's a glottal stop.

sonofabitch, you're right.  Mea cu'ulpa.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 12:00:35 am
When I say Hawaii, the part between Hawai and i is 'y'.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: theinevitable on November 22, 2009, 03:30:51 am
I'm pretty sure I just pronounce it like "Ha-wye"
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: pmcd9 on November 22, 2009, 03:41:04 am
Hawarye!
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 22, 2009, 03:45:24 am
Hawarye!

(http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members3/095/707095/images/big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking.gif)
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 22, 2009, 04:18:55 am
(http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members3/095/707095/images/big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking.gif)

Tiny can forye.
Title: Re: Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b)
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 22, 2009, 04:37:51 am
thanky.