The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jay-ell on November 18, 2009, 05:56:27 pm

Title: Dammit, people.
Post by: jay-ell on November 18, 2009, 05:56:27 pm
I have shit to do. Why do you have to be so interesting today?
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 06:31:44 pm
I find the correlation is almost perfect - when I have no work and need entertainment the board is dead, and when I am busy and can't keep up people are posting like there's no tomorrow.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: jay-ell on November 18, 2009, 06:32:43 pm
I blame Paul for starting up the TOUAMBies and making me read old, 5-page threads that I missed when I was away.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 19, 2009, 07:43:53 pm
This is as good a place as any for the story I want to post. 

We had dinner at a friend's house the other night.  The kids (ours and theirs) picked at their food for a while, told stoopid jokes and made each other laugh uproariously, then asked to be excused, and they dashed off to the playroom.

Some time later, my youngest (who is four) comes back upstairs, and comes through the kitchen to the dining room, saying what sure as hell sounds like "twat twat twat twat twat."

Um, excuse me?  "What are you doing, sweetie?"

"Riding Roscoe!"  Roscoe is her stuffed hoss.  She is clutching Roscoe between her legs, and has a bean necklace around his neck and is holding it like reins.

I think for a moment, and it dawns on me.  "Ohhhhh... trot trot trot.  Got it.  Carry on."
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: jay-ell on November 19, 2009, 08:18:42 pm
My son has been playing around with the idea of adults getting time-out. He thinks it's funny when Pedro models bad behavior and then pretends to put himself in time-out - he pouts, stomps, and generally acts like, well, a child. So Little P has been trying to get his dad into time-out.

He knows that the sure-fire way to get in trouble around here is to hit someone else, so lately he's been putting up his hand as if to give a high-five, and when Pedro puts his hand up, Little P will slam his forehead into Pedro's palm and say, "Papa! Don't hit your [little P]."

He's started parroting this out of context, and we're now a little concerned that he's going to say it at school and we're going to get a surprise visit from a social worker.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 01:20:23 am
My youngest runs up to me in public and demands to "pull Daddy's finger"

You must be so proud!
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: slink on November 25, 2009, 09:19:40 pm
Little P will slam his forehead into Pedro's palm and say, "Papa! Don't hit your [little P]."

That tickled me in a way which indicates kids might not cause the end of all civilisation. Your children give us hope.
I don't know why the only time I think kids aren't a terrible idea is when they're behaving like Calvin...

Apropos of... Well this thread I guess, I only never came back 'cause I knew I'd spend the whole bloody evening saying 'just one more thread...'
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: jay-ell on November 25, 2009, 09:27:20 pm
That tickled me in a way which indicates kids might not cause the end of all civilisation. Your children give us hope.
I don't know why the only time I think kids aren't a terrible idea is when they're behaving like Calvin...

Apropos of... Well this thread I guess, I only never came back 'cause I knew I'd spend the whole bloody evening saying 'just one more thread...'

Yeah, that's the thing about this board - it's so crowded nobody ever comes here anymore.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: pmcd9 on November 26, 2009, 12:33:23 am
It's a good thing Slink wasn't nominated for Gone But Not Forgotten.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: Choop on November 26, 2009, 05:50:37 am
oh, he was.


HE WAS.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: slink on November 27, 2009, 12:29:38 am
Yea, I only came back on the offchance I could interfere with the organisingness.
Plus this way I'll be elligible next year!

Fnar.
Title: Re: Dammit, people.
Post by: jough on February 06, 2010, 05:44:03 am
I haven't been around at all in the past year or two, but I'm still annoyed I didn't win any TOUAMBIES.