The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: FancieBabie on December 05, 2003, 08:58:18 am

Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 05, 2003, 08:58:18 am
just finished the beta version of the site

constructive criticism good

Yumsters! (http://www.yumsters.net)


also, you can peep my new album: http://eqbling.hypermart.net/mp3/
best tracks are "enflated" and the 50 cent kuato remix.

thanks.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 05, 2003, 03:24:05 pm
I don't get it.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: pmcd9 on December 05, 2003, 05:12:30 pm
The drawings look traced.

~Paul
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: St_Zartan on December 05, 2003, 06:53:34 pm
Quote from: "Excited yet apprehensive because his new computer is coming on Saturday"
I don't get it.


Quote from: "pmcd9"
The drawings look traced.


The critics have spoken! Oh, snap!

Additionally I do not like being invited to "peep" things by someone who calls themselves Juice#####. PLEASE FIX
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jay-ell on December 05, 2003, 07:02:38 pm
You just make whatever kind of comics make you happy, dear, and the Good Lord will provide.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AugustWest on December 05, 2003, 07:34:24 pm
I dunno, I really kind of dig the forum where there's only one single solitary poster.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 06, 2003, 12:31:08 am
they are traces

no need to be snooty
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 06, 2003, 12:34:29 am
I'm terribly, terribly sorry, but... Oh wait I'm not... but I'm with Jough on this.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: Limmo on December 06, 2003, 12:53:51 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

What is the sound of one hand clapping?


Upon being asked this question, you are supposed to slap the questioner across the face.  Hard.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 06, 2003, 12:56:19 am
Quote from: "Limmo"

Upon being asked this question, you are supposed to slap the questioner across the face.  Hard.


Finally. A solution! You fuck*ng genius you!
I mean, just because I'm so sick and tired of people citing that as if it's such an intelligent outlook on philosophical thinking.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: Limmo on December 06, 2003, 01:03:46 am
Speaking of slapping people across the face hard, I listened to the mp3s cited above.  So you don't have to.

Constructive criticism: at least they're short!
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 06, 2003, 01:14:42 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
Speaking of slapping people across the face hard, I listened to the mp3s cited above.  So you don't have to.


I already told myself I didn't have to having viewed the comic. Or, whatever it was.
I just don't understand...
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 06, 2003, 03:57:30 am
On the basis of the comic alone I decided that my time was worth more than downloading those mp3s.

Sorry, FB, but our tastes obviously diverge at a fundamental level.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AugustWest on December 06, 2003, 04:32:02 am
Quote from: "Totally fuck*ng Pissed-Off at PC Mall's Shitty "Customer Service""


Sorry, FB, but our tastes obviously diverge at a fundamental level.


Wow!  Just, WOW!  That has got to be one of the most diplomatic sentences I've ever seen.

And from El Guapo, no less.

You truly are a man of many, many facets.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 06, 2003, 05:42:49 am
You think, August?  Because I thought it was just a really subtle insult.

I think that I'm trying to tone down the anger that is slowly boiling just beneath the surface.  Tomorrow morning I'll wake up, calmly unpack my ak-47, and take out the lot of you before going Hemmingway on myself.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: Choop on December 06, 2003, 06:04:13 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
diplomatic sentence


==

Quote from: "jough"
subtle insult



equals equals. definitely.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AugustWest on December 06, 2003, 06:34:56 am
I suppose it's all a question of intent.  If you intended it as a subtle insult, that's precisely what is was.

I suppose I'm just a Pollyanna because I read it as an attempt to be nice.  I yam what I yam.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AugustWest on December 06, 2003, 06:36:07 am
Also, kudos to Choop for his insight into the nature of interpersonal communications.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 06, 2003, 07:17:12 am
at first, i thought he was saying a nice.

but the 'obviously' shows it to be meanie.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 06, 2003, 05:02:04 pm
With all diplomacy, I can say that it wasn't to my taste, because I tend to prefer comics that are either funny (Achewood, Calvin & Hobbes, etc.) or have an interesting narrative storyline (Scary Go Round, etc.).
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 06, 2003, 06:49:32 pm
i prefer comics with balloonsex
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jay-ell on December 06, 2003, 06:59:16 pm
When I saw your real name, I thought for a minute that I knew you IRL.  Then I realized that I just know somebody named Frank Sarnie.  

Odd!
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: andalucia on December 06, 2003, 07:01:12 pm
Quote from: "Totally fuck*ng Pissed-Off at PC Mall's Shitty "Customer Service""
because I tend to prefer comics that are either funny .


My god, jough, just quit while you're ahead!
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: V-Adore on December 06, 2003, 08:50:08 pm
I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness. This... not so much.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: St_Zartan on December 07, 2003, 12:57:52 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness.


Which I guess means that an absurdist strip about realtors would really ring your bells.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 07, 2003, 04:36:30 am
The original post asked for constructive critiicism. I don't know that I can do that.

I don't get it either.

You admit that it's traced.
And you use the song from 'Frazier' as most of your text.

Not exactly striking a blow for art here....but you do have the right to "draw" and "write" whatever.  It dies because it is neither creative or funny. I could have given you points for creativity if it were drawn or written by you.  No hopes for funny in any case.

Sorry.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: V-Adore on December 07, 2003, 07:35:19 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I will freely admit that I tend to prefer comics that have points or at least are amusing in their non-pointedness.


Which I guess means that an absurdist strip about realtors would really ring your bells.

Oh, that's a dreadful pun. So dreadful I almost missed it entirely. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 07, 2003, 08:16:54 pm
Sorry, V-Adore, no pun there.  It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin, on your wedding day.

It sucks, it's so fuck*ng typical, but it isn't at all ironic.

Don't cha think?
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 07, 2003, 08:26:37 pm
how is my comic so typical?

firstly, it's a comic based on a tv show. a dry sitcom.
secondly, my name is not fran sarkie. it's made up. it's a silly name.
thirdly, ur a baby
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 07, 2003, 08:41:25 pm
How can it frustrate me more here, when someone doesn't use correct sentence form, capitlisation or spelling, when I can go to a random forum for any of a million things, where every post is like that, and not care as much.
Oh I do care, trust me. Hence it's not odd for me to care seeing it here.

But I'm not a part of this.

ur... What the hell? Jesus!


If you only have three fingers I'll let you off...
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: FancieBabie on December 07, 2003, 09:22:47 pm
sorry for the improper grammar slink

"ur" is used here in a purely ironic sense

can you not fuck*ng recognize that?

no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 07, 2003, 09:30:54 pm
Quote from: "FancieBabie"

"ur" is used here in a purely ironic sense


Ugh.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AugustWest on December 07, 2003, 09:37:11 pm
Quote from: "FancieBabie"


no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.


So, don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: andalucia on December 07, 2003, 10:12:31 pm
Quote from: "FancieBabie"
no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.


Cause we're jerks?
Cause we like grammar?
Not totally sure where you're going with this.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 07, 2003, 10:35:22 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"

Cause we're jerks?
Cause we like grammar?
Not totally sure where you're going with this.


Indeed. For the FAQ, I think we should decide to refer to ourselves not as Acheheads, or 'Woodies, but simply as Jerks.
:)
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: andalucia on December 07, 2003, 10:53:49 pm
Oh man, that is so seconded.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: Choop on December 07, 2003, 11:41:38 pm
Thirded, and congrats to FancieBabie on starting the worst thread in TOUAMB history (yet.)

By the by, you do realize that we're kind of a community here, and you *could* be part of it were you to contribute in more ways than just advertising your various lousy comics?

One. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=2999&highlight=#2999)
Two. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=6203&highlight=#6203)
Three. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=8207&highlight=#8207)
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: V-Adore on December 07, 2003, 11:58:17 pm
Quote from: "He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends"
Sorry, V-Adore, no pun there.  It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin, on your wedding day.

It sucks, it's so fuck*ng typical, but it isn't at all ironic.

Don't cha think?

Well, I meant the realtor/"points" thing above, which I assume is a pun based on my vague recollection of "points" as a term used in mortgages and such. I would agree that there's basically nothing ironic or punny in this comic whatsoever.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: slink on December 08, 2003, 12:06:49 am
Makes me wonder how, when all three posts have been advertising comics that got the same reactions, he ever made it past Jough's eagle eyed account-delete attack*!



*Now a featured combo attack in the Achewood franchised fighting game - 'Just Like Basketball' - featuring intricately detailed representations of all your favourite characters.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 08, 2003, 01:06:34 am
Quote from: "slink"
Makes me wonder how, when all three posts have been advertising comics that got the same reactions, he ever made it past He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends's eagle eyed account-delete attack*!



*Now a featured combo attack in the Achewood franchised fighting game - 'Just Like Basketball' - featuring intricately detailed representations of all your favourite characters.


I would second the delete attack, but instead I think I will favor letting people ask for criticism not once but three times and then complain when they get it.  It is actually somewhat entertaining.

If I were an "artist" who traced my drawings and copied lyrics from a TV show, I think I would be a little more thick skinned.

Or I would apply for a Federal Grant to fund my "art", although I would be at a disadvantage if I didn't find a way to combine religious iconography and some substance from some orifice of my body....

Stick around, contribute meaningfully and you will feel the soft enfolding warmth of the Achehead Jerkwoods (or whatever we are calling ourselves) that live here.  Do nothing more than proffer your work and verbally wince when you get feedback and you will find nothing but cold dark pain here.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: St_Zartan on December 08, 2003, 03:01:16 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I would second the delete attack, but instead I think I will favor letting people ask for criticism not once but three times and then complain when they get it.  It is actually somewhat entertaining.


See, it is this sort of thing that occasionally (eg when my body cavity is full up to the eyes with warm sake) makes me feel very bad. Unless this character is just some sort of postmodern, extremely low yield / impact prank, what we are dealing with is someone who genuinely thought there was something of value on offer here, and that these were the people who would Really Get It, who could Think and See Like He Did, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong. Everything on offer was categorically dreadful. This truly is the worst thread ever. Regardless, I can't help but wince at bruised sincerity. I don't have a special attack yet.

UR-EDIT: That whole MC Juicyshorts project or whatever the hell negates all of the above goodwill. Ironic posture as a fuck*ng escape route in case sincerity doesn't fly. My black ass. Carry on.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jough on December 08, 2003, 03:10:22 am
Quote from: "FancieBabie"
how is my comic so typical?


Um, I wasn't talking to you.  I was commenting on something someone else (V-Adore) said.

I believe I commented that rain on one's wedding day is "typical" in the sense that young Mr. Bateman used it in "Rules of Attraction" (which I thought was a bit long and slow, but entertaining somewhat, if not in love with its own style).

Speaking of being in love with its own style... well, I'll not finish that thought.
Title: My new comic, Yumsters!
Post by: jay-ell on December 08, 2003, 04:35:53 am
For heavens sake people

this is why we can't have nice things