The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 09:12:22 pm

Title: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 09:12:22 pm
When do we do this?  When is a time that most are available.  I was thinking Tue. or Wed. or Thurs. evening
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 09:15:42 pm
I voted for tue, but wed works for me too.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 09:18:13 pm
What week? Isn't next week Thanksgiving?
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 09:21:31 pm
What week? Isn't next week Thanksgiving?

Oh yeah.  Make it the week after thanksgiving.  Dang, that's a long time to wait.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 18, 2009, 09:27:25 pm
Oh yeah.  Make it the week after thanksgiving.  Dang, that's a long time to wait.
Just do it now.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: wombat on November 18, 2009, 09:31:25 pm
Do it Monday. Who's got anything interesting to do on a Monday night?
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Choop on November 18, 2009, 09:32:58 pm
heroes
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: AugustWest on November 18, 2009, 09:34:23 pm
Do it tonight.  Hell, everybody who's gonna vote has voted, right?
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 18, 2009, 09:35:41 pm
I don't think everybody has voted.  I am busy through Monday.  In fact, gotta go.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 19, 2009, 03:58:36 am
THE ANTICIPATION!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5r3oNFVeE&
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: theinevitable on November 19, 2009, 04:03:13 am
you people are making me want a damn pug.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 19, 2009, 05:49:11 am
i have class those nights, but im not cool enough to win, so no big.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 27, 2009, 09:04:39 pm
oKAY, it looks like Tuesday has the most support.  Are the Wed. and Thur. voters going to be able to make it on Tue.?  I'm thinking sometime after dinner, maybe 8:00pm central which would be 6:00 on the west coast and 9:00 in the east?  Is that too early for you Cali?  Is that too late for you New York?

So I am thinking tentavely 8:00 pm Central Standard Time on Tuesday Dec. 1.

Lets talk it out.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: side_show on November 27, 2009, 11:00:03 pm
I am away Tues - Thursday due to deal with a real-life awards presentation I'm hosting.  And it is a shitty awards presentation I don't want to deal with, attended by elitist pricks who are oh-so-put out, but it is how I bring in the cheddar, and with the holidays, I need mad cheddar - for the children.   

It is an odd thing when you are planning an awards night for real alive people and you'd much rather be at a awards night for imaginary people.  It is probably because I have never seen any of you roll your eyes, or heard you use that curt, self entitled tone.  You know - that tone.  The one your mama warned you to keep in check.  Oh well.  Know I am somewhere else, helping self - congratulatory asses reinforce their self - congratulatory ass-holish-ness.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: jay-ell on November 28, 2009, 01:48:38 am
9:00 EST is fabulous for me because Pedro is busy putting the kids in bed and that's when my "mama time" begins.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Doc on November 28, 2009, 02:01:46 am
I'm probably nowhere near reliable internet for a few days anyway so I'll just come back in a week or two and gush and congratulate.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Doc on November 28, 2009, 02:04:04 am
New idea: Get other people to present the awards, preferably in pairs with painfully rehearsed witty-banter. LFM and A-Cap at a podium in tuxes making forced jokes about pop culture... that's your award ceremony right there.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Chump Change on November 28, 2009, 02:19:36 am
New idea: Get other people to present the awards, preferably in pairs with painfully rehearsed witty-banter. LFM and A-Cap at a podium in tuxes making forced jokes about pop culture... that's your award ceremony right there.

Whoever loses, we all win.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 28, 2009, 06:08:46 am
New idea: Get other people to present the awards, preferably in pairs with painfully rehearsed witty-banter. LFM and A-Cap at a podium in tuxes making forced jokes about pop culture... that's your award ceremony right there.

I like that idea a lot actually, but I think we'll be doing enough if we can get all of us together at the same time as it is.  Organizing that much coordination I think is reaching a bit too far.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 28, 2009, 07:06:38 am
The later in the day (any day) the better as I am in California and work late often.

(It is like herding cats, we imaginary people.)
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Doc on November 28, 2009, 07:33:01 am
(It is like herding cartoon cats, we imaginary people.)
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: linnea on November 28, 2009, 09:04:54 am
New idea: Get other people to present the awards, preferably in pairs with painfully rehearsed witty-banter. LFM and A-Cap at a podium in tuxes making forced jokes about pop culture... that's your award ceremony right there.

That would be so rad. Tiny can.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: wombat on November 28, 2009, 02:02:53 pm
The coordination last time around was pretty hard, so keep it simple.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 28, 2009, 03:44:19 pm
We're gonna keep it very simple.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: theinevitable on November 28, 2009, 08:11:59 pm
Had this mental image that you just typed out all the results below that, and I laughed out loud
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 28, 2009, 09:35:33 pm
I'm looking forward to the ceremony!  8 pm Central time Tuesday is lovely.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: pmcd9 on November 28, 2009, 11:14:10 pm
I'm looking forward to the ceremony!  8 pm Central time Tuesday is lovely.

Start working on your victory speech.  And better work on your conciliatory speech as well just in case.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: theinevitable on November 28, 2009, 11:59:03 pm
But I"m wearing a tux RIGHT NOW!

Including my grandpa's cufflinks, and my dad's really really nice old watch.

I look so handsome! Pictures to come, maybe.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 29, 2009, 12:36:51 am
I look so handsome!

how could you be so cocky?!
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: linnea on November 29, 2009, 12:39:23 am
how could you be so cocky?!

Hahah, don't make theinev bury his tux in the back yard, dude.
Title: Re: TOUAMBies Awards Presentation
Post by: Choop on November 29, 2009, 04:00:30 am
can for linnea because you made the joke before me

i abstain from voting because no night is better or worse for me. 8pm eastern is offline time for me what with it being right after work and all