The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: dejavroom on November 19, 2009, 03:24:49 pm

Title: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: dejavroom on November 19, 2009, 03:24:49 pm
With this post I posit that this is the most awe-ful image ever created by man.

(http://10.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktd3ypvEt81qzryvmo1_400.jpg)

The game is on.


(the board seems to be shrinking the image. Trust me, it gets a lot better a little bigger. Is there anything I can do? It is hosted at tumblr).
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2009, 03:48:57 pm
That picture is so terrible that it's funny.  In regard to making the image larger, your best bet is to post a link to the source.

See when it comes to adding to this... crime scene photographs are images created by man.... but I am not going to go looking for any such thing.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 19, 2009, 05:28:50 pm
With this post I posit that this is the most awe-ful image ever created by man.

(http://10.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktd3ypvEt81qzryvmo1_400.jpg)

The game is on.


(the board seems to be shrinking the image. Trust me, it gets a lot better a little bigger. Is there anything I can do? It is hosted at tumblr).

i see your painting and raise you http://www.brandonbird.com/highsea.html
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: R2DTrousers on November 19, 2009, 06:52:29 pm
What, no giant squid?

(the giant squid is hiding in the bushes)

(oops I didn't click BO's link before posting)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: theinevitable on November 20, 2009, 02:33:28 am
America's most wanted painting, determined by survey. (http://musicology.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/05/most700.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 04:16:15 am
(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/randysavage.jpg)

now it is in my living room
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 04:18:50 am
(http://chiaroscu.ro/art/d/1091-14/bedrock.jpg)
sadly this one is with my ex
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 04:33:08 am
speed painting on velvet with cheese puffs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXigfZGqsLM)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 04:33:25 am
+1 macho man
+1 black velvet
-1 cheetos
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Choop on November 21, 2009, 12:52:30 am
(http://imgur.com/SgBnp.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 21, 2009, 12:56:59 am
i see your painting and raise you http://www.brandonbird.com/highsea.html
I feel like T-rex would be at a horrible disadvantage there.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 21, 2009, 02:30:01 am
I feel like T-rex would be at a horrible disadvantage there.

T-Rex has hollow bones and can swim.  His talons can rip the blowhole, filling it with blood.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Choop on November 21, 2009, 04:57:36 am
not if the squid drowns him

victory: giant squid

i can't wait for the sequel, giant squid versus ultraman versus king kong
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: dejavroom on November 21, 2009, 01:32:29 pm
I'm proud of you all. Keep 'em coming.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: oball on November 21, 2009, 02:06:11 pm
(http://www.cracked.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/liondrome2.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: AugustWest on November 25, 2009, 02:07:20 pm
Goodnight Keith Moon (http://www.goodnightkeithmoon.com/)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 25, 2009, 03:11:37 pm
OH HELL YES.  Mama Cass FTW.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 25, 2009, 04:48:34 pm
And a stuffed Animal on the bookshelf!  Nice touch.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on April 20, 2010, 02:22:27 am
I didn't know where else to put this precariously perched pondering panda.

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/pandatreesit.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on April 20, 2010, 02:30:08 am
also: this

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/llamas.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: jay-ell on May 29, 2010, 01:16:09 am
I found this pic of Ash's house:

(http://chzwhydoilivehere.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/1291740000761323171.jpg?w=400&h=348)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: side_show on May 29, 2010, 05:51:00 pm
I bet a lot of people just knock. 
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: jay-ell on May 29, 2010, 05:54:56 pm
I bet a lot of people just knock. 

I bet a lot of people don't even do that.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: jay-ell on May 29, 2010, 11:48:57 pm
I knew it had to be *something.*
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on July 10, 2010, 06:22:40 pm
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4776811409_3632522e98_z.jpg)

SCIENCE!
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: AugustWest on July 10, 2010, 06:35:19 pm
Glad you're back online, lprkn.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: fanta on July 10, 2010, 07:42:47 pm
don't mean to be egotistical but here is one of me
 not as good as the ones you've all been posting, but still maybe worth an honorable mention?
 
http://midconet.net/achewoodtest/me.JPG
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 10, 2010, 07:55:04 pm
You already posted that picture.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: fanta on July 10, 2010, 08:13:03 pm
sorry... maybe not everyone saw it the first time?
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Drygioni on July 11, 2010, 12:18:16 am
I hadn't seen it. Awesome bike mate.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on April 13, 2011, 08:58:39 pm
(http://www.rad-dudes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/197971_10150131510549742_151746964741_6312698_2125805_n.jpg)

HST, John Cusack, Johnny Depp, blow-up doll
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on April 13, 2011, 09:23:10 pm
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

(http://img.uphaa.com/uploads/801/wtf-uphaa-pics_(4).jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: side_show on April 13, 2011, 10:41:54 pm
(http://www.rad-dudes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/197971_10150131510549742_151746964741_6312698_2125805_n.jpg)

HST, John Cusack, Johnny Depp, blow-up doll

I like this interview clip of John Cusack explaining the situation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq119WjMw2s) around this photo.  It's even more interesting when you know the back story.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: AugustWest on April 14, 2011, 03:10:28 am
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

(http://img.uphaa.com/uploads/801/wtf-uphaa-pics_(4).jpg)

There can be only one.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Nabubrush on April 14, 2011, 04:26:51 pm
These don't really count (http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2KCSZ#a=1), but they go here anyway.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: greenkoolayd on April 14, 2011, 05:08:21 pm
These don't really count (http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2KCSZ#a=1), but they go here anyway.

holy crap, theres a hindu temple in spanish fork?!
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: miles on April 17, 2011, 07:05:54 pm
holy crap, theres a hindu temple in spanish fork?!

Yeah, pretty crazy. I don't know anything about it though. Even when I lived down that way I never visited it. My friend's roommate went to that festival, and my friend was pissed because she got this red powder shit all over their shower curtain.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Nabubrush on April 19, 2011, 09:52:52 pm
Yeah, pretty crazy. I don't know anything about it though. Even when I lived down that way I never visited it. My friend's roommate went to that festival, and my friend was pissed because she got this red powder shit all over their shower curtain.

You take your shower curtain to the festival, you gotta be ready for anything.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: jay-ell on May 18, 2011, 06:55:29 pm
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2372/1985456691_fa6042a097.jpg)
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Doc on May 19, 2011, 02:03:33 am
There were Circumstances.
Because of a Problem.
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: Nabubrush on May 19, 2011, 02:40:01 pm
A different one than this (http://saddestthing.com/)?
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: side_show on May 20, 2011, 07:01:04 pm
A different one than this (http://saddestthing.com/)?

Wow, that was a throw back!
Title: Re: The Awe: Images from the world web
Post by: lprkn on February 13, 2012, 11:22:08 am
(http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/51/70/c2c0835ce67224f90e0cd8325bd9e86e.jpg)

I...I'm sorry. I just...I don't know. It called to me and said, "put me on a long-dead thread on a messageboard about alive stuffed animals."