The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Ben-San on November 21, 2009, 01:55:39 am

Title: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: Ben-San on November 21, 2009, 01:55:39 am
I did some years ago but I got bored after three installments. Here is the collected Suicide Toilets for your enjoyment.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/suicidetoilets1.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/suicidetoilets2.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/suicidetoilets3.jpg)

If you once made a bad webcomic then please post it.
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 02:20:59 am
I never made a comic but that makes me want to make one.

Wait, I once made a comic for a contest? on some messageboard? It had the words from one comic and the pictures from another. That couldn't have been here, could it?
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 21, 2009, 02:24:36 am
Wow...that webcomic is flush with badness.  It tanked.  Reading them was a drain.  Why did you take the plunge(r)?  They really didn't float.  I need to clear the wax ring out of my ears after that dialogue. The whole thing bowls me over.  (I need to shut my flapper now.)
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 02:25:49 am
How nice that I never delete anything. It almost makes up for having no memory. It was on some old Jeff Rowland board.

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/wigucontest.jpg)

Dang why is that so shrunken and why won't it let me change it?

http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/wigucontest.jpg (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/wigucontest.jpg)

Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: Chump Change on November 21, 2009, 02:44:07 am
Ben-San is canned for bravery.

That can't have been easy to dredge up.
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 02:59:00 am
But it doesn't totally make up for having no memory... what was the contest? I know that it was not "take the words from one comic and put it together with the pictures from another." I think it was more like do a "guest strip" kind of thing with characters from his comics. But I will never know, will I?

We should do a contest. You think you can do better than toilets with googly eyes, well, show your stuff.

Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: pmcd9 on November 21, 2009, 03:59:27 am
I wrote a comic once, but it was never drawn because I can't draw at all.  AT ALL!

I don't think I have the manuscripts anymore.  It seems like there was one tale about a man that picks up a prostitute because she pulled her dress up over her head.  The tag line was "That's some good advertising."  And there was another short about Jarts the huge metallic lawn darts that centered around the true story of a little girl that was maimed by a Jart to the eye leading to Jarts being banned.  I think there was some biographical stuff in there too, but it's all kinda hazy now.

Good times!
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2009, 04:51:18 am
I did a mini-comic once! All folded-over photocopies and everything.

I also drew a few strips related to it that were never posted online but I think I might've scanned in once.

I'll dig around. I'll see.

If I can find them, I'll share my terrible shame.
Title: Re: Did you ever make a bad webcomic?
Post by: pmcd9 on November 21, 2009, 05:20:28 am
I'm fascinated by the Jarts Girl story (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4379291825400840210#)