The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Limmo on December 06, 2003, 12:20:58 am

Title: Hey Ya
Post by: Limmo on December 06, 2003, 12:20:58 am
Damn this song. When will it release me from its clutches?
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 07, 2003, 04:41:50 am
I fiinallly had to go online and find out more about it. It is stuck in my head most of the day.

It may be the Whoomp! There It Is of the year.

Anyone want to hear "Kokomo" or "Don't Worry Be Happy" 100 times a day? that was my 1988.

Carry on.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 07, 2003, 10:34:34 pm
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

I have to say, though, I'm disappointed in "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" as a whole.  They could have made one really great album; instead we got a double album with some good stuff and some mediocrity.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: jough on December 08, 2003, 04:00:08 am
Is there a song titled "Hey Ya" or something?

Please note that I do not participate in my culture in any meaningful way.  I choose to participate and experience the culture of Peru c. 1964.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: jay-ell on December 08, 2003, 04:38:28 am
My housemate is obessed with that song.  Despite my better efforts, he has managed to sneak it into my iTunes directory.  

I have, however, managed to avoid listening to the whole thing in its entirety.  

So far.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AugustWest on December 08, 2003, 05:13:45 am
What Jough said.  Only I'm in Bolivia.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: Limmo on December 08, 2003, 05:15:51 am
Quote from: "He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends"
Is there a song titled "Hey Ya" or something?

Please note that I do not participate in my culture in any meaningful way.  I choose to participate and experience the culture of Peru c. 1964.


So you're a big Yma Sumac fan then?

Yeah, there's a song by Outkast with that very title.  It has an exceptionally cheesy keyboard hook that is somehow contagious.  

Carlosdelvaca: if that's the case, which Outkast record would I start with, Aquemini or Stankonia?
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 08, 2003, 02:45:41 pm
Watch the video for "Hey Ya" here:
http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/Default.aspx?did=1&artist=106811

Limmo, I don't have Aquemini, but I do like Stankonia quite a bit.  Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm just so fresh so clean.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: jough on December 08, 2003, 03:35:09 pm
Wow, I didn't even have to get through a minute of it to understand that I never really need to ever listen to that again.

I can see how it could totally earworm someone, though.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: CortJstr on December 08, 2003, 04:00:09 pm
God, when the radio started (over)playing that in October I was ready to lay down some pain on the DJs. Plus I can't help but yell, "you don't shake polaroids you moron, that makes them run!"
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AugustWest on December 08, 2003, 04:20:53 pm
Oh THAT song.  My kids listen to that. They play the video on Noggin alla time.

I kinda like it.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: side_show on December 16, 2003, 02:03:32 am
What's cooler than being cool?  Ice cold!
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AugustWest on December 16, 2003, 02:52:55 am
Is that directed at me?

If so, then:

ICE ICE BABY.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: side_show on December 16, 2003, 03:25:57 am
That is a lyric from the song we're talking about, but sure Aug yo' Ice Co'
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: V-Adore on December 16, 2003, 03:51:40 am
Allow me to lay down the MAD BEATS, August. Now, start freestylin'.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: side_show on December 16, 2003, 03:57:56 am
Tha' shizzle dizzle McBizzle - in the rizzle!

Snoop Dawg is going to be my city in two days - the cover of the entertainment section read: "Are you the Shizzle?"
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: V-Adore on December 16, 2003, 04:04:50 am
Quote from: "side_show"

Snoop Dawg is going to be my city in two days - the cover of the entertainment section read: "Are you the Shizzle?"

This terrifies the living crap out of me.

This reminds me of when I was in high school and Snoop ended up touring Lincoln. I was profoundly confused: "Snoop? Nebraska? Look, one of these two is going to have to give here."
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AugustWest on December 16, 2003, 04:07:33 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Allow me to lay down the MAD BEATS, August. Now, start freestylin'.


I am sorry, but around these parts it is too cold for swimming.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: side_show on December 16, 2003, 04:19:34 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "side_show"

Snoop Dawg is going to be my city in two days - the cover of the entertainment section read: "Are you the Shizzle?"

This terrifies the living crap out of me.

This reminds me of when I was in high school and Snoop ended up touring Lincoln. I was profoundly confused: "Snoop? Nebraska? Look, one of these two is going to have to give here."


Actually I remember the local news refering to Snoop touring Canada during the holidays as a "confusing turn of events"  - but if you know where the good blunt comes from, it all starts making sense.
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: pmcd9 on December 16, 2003, 04:48:17 am
Quote from: "jough"
Wow, I didn't even have to get through a minute of it to understand that I never really need to ever listen to that again.

I can see how it could totally earworm someone, though.


That Andre 3000 is a poor mans Prince.  I can't imagine ever wanting to hear that again either, but it ain't so bad really, just a little bit of good clean fun.

~Paul
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: St_Zartan on December 16, 2003, 05:23:21 am
THE LONG OVERDUE RESPONSE TO THIS UGLY AND INVIDIOUS LITTLE BIT OF POPULAR CULTURE, GIVEN UNDESERVED LONGEVITY BY THE INTERNET AND LAZY-MOUTHED CULTURE SLAVES.

del *izzle.*
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: AugustWest on December 16, 2003, 05:35:40 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
THE LONG OVERDUE RESPONSE TO THIS UGLY AND INVIDIOUS LITTLE BIT OF POPULAR CULTURE, GIVEN UNDESERVED LONGEVITY BY THE INTERNET AND LAZY-MOUTHED CULTURE SLAVES.

del *izzle.*


hear here!
Title: Hey Ya
Post by: V-Adore on December 16, 2003, 07:16:00 am
Ooh, can I be a lazy-mouthed culture slave? :D