The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on December 08, 2003, 01:57:19 am

Title: New posts issue
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 08, 2003, 01:57:19 am
OK, so you know how when you log in, all forums/topics that have new posts have the little page icon in a different color?

On my work computer (running Win2K), I am able to go into one forum and from there into a topic, and then when I come back out to the forum index, topics with new posts still have the yellow (red, pink, whatever the hell it is) page marker.  That is, they're still flagged as having new posts, until I either actually read them, or until I close the browser entirely.

At home, however (running XP and IE 6), if I read a single topic, when I come back to the forum index, all the new post markers are GONE.  It's as if I quit IE and came back.  This is a pain in the ass, because I have to actually, you know, read dates and stuff to figure out which topics have new posts.

WTF?!?  Anyone else?  Do I have to fix some cookie-acceptance setting?
Title: New posts issue
Post by: Choop on December 08, 2003, 02:33:44 am
Probably a caching issue. I don't know the settings for IE under XP, but under 2000, check this one:

Tools > Options > (Temporary Internet Files) Settings > check "Every visit..."

that'll give you the new images every page load.

If you're running Firebird, I haven't figured that out just yet.
Title: New posts issue
Post by: slink on December 08, 2003, 02:23:25 pm
Running FireBird it seems to do it fine for me by defualt.
If I view a topic, then click the logo to go back to the main page, the ones I've viewed are blanked out, while the unvisited remain highlighted.
Title: New posts issue
Post by: CortJstr on December 08, 2003, 03:55:52 pm
I've noticed that on some systems using the back button/backspace doesn't update the icons, but clicking the logo or anything in the navigation path at the top/bottom of the page updates them every time.
Title: New posts issue
Post by: sjlimmer on December 08, 2003, 06:16:11 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I've noticed that on some systems using the back button/backspace doesn't update the icons, but clicking the logo or anything in the navigation path at the top/bottom of the page updates them every time.


This is exatly what I've found in Firebird...