The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on December 08, 2003, 05:08:00 am
-
Oh, man. That's embarrassing.
At least Hell has interesting wallpaper.
-
I stayed in a Best Western with that wallpaper.
I found an entire joint under the edge of the bed. Zoinks!
-
I stayed in a Best Western with that wallpaper.
I found an entire joint under the edge of the bed. Zoinks!
please tell me you didn't throw it away
-
I stayed in a Best Western once and it didn't have wallpaper that pretty. Very flowery for hell. And tacky as hell. Perfect.
The only thing I found under my mattress was a dead hooker.
But I didn't throw it away. ;)
-
heh.
i dunno what the uk equivalent of a best western is... maybe "travelodge"...
-
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Travelodge.
How is it pronounced is what I always wonder - Travel Odge? Or Trave Lodge?
Would you believe that trying to book two rooms in a Travelodge near Birmingham (that includes about 14 of the fuckers) you cannot find a room a week before you need it. Who the fuck goes to Birmingham anyway? Except for me. Though it was for a gig and a girl. Nothing else would get me to.
Aaaaaanyway...
Nice to see a colour strip on the main page again. And so worthwhile with that wallpaper. Lovely stuff!
And I feel for Ray. I've watched so many friends say and then do that.
-
At first I just thought the strip had lost its vertical-hold before I realized it was supposed to be a cutaway of the hotel. I kind of like my version better.
-
Best Westerns got a deal on green and pink paint at some point in history.
-
Who the fuck goes to Birmingham anyway? Except for me.
I would have gone to see the original line-up of Black Sabbath play for the hometown crowd. Otherwise, I'm right with you.
-
I would have gone to see the original line-up of Black Sabbath play for the hometown crowd.
I heard there was a communication problem on their recent reunion tour. It seems they are all called Geezer now.
~Paul
-
Rimshot! Don't forget to tip your waitresses!
-
5 says he pee'd the ol' thong as well.
Hell is being not cool in front of Robert Johnson.
-
Chiming in on the wallpaper lovefest, here. I have a thirsty, thirsty eye for the Motel Aesthetic. Really hoping to see more of that lounge, as well.
Did anyone else think today's strip had a Chris Ware feel to it? What with the cutaway and that little r o l l .
-
The visual detail that gets to me most about this strip is the fact that Ray remains in black and white against the vivid color of the Hell Best Western. Here's this gigantic explosion of green and pink, and then -- whoops! -- Ray is still stark Achewood white. It's an impressively dramatic effect.
-
It really reminds me of a computer game I used to play on the Speccy, way back. Something about the way the doors disappear of backwards, and the cutaway. Even down to the way Johnson seems to walk.
But, alas, I remember not what it was.
-
It really reminds me of a computer game I used to play on the Speccy, way back. Something about the way the doors disappear of backwards, and the cutaway. Even down to the way Johnson seems to walk.
But, alas, I remember not what it was.
You must. I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out, but I am almost certain that I've played the game you're talking about, despite the fact that the Spectrum never even hit these shores (I don't think, anyway). Was the walking kinda flubbery-choppy with a little hiccup whenever you changed screens / rooms? I can just see it, even hear the crappy old disk drive grinding away, but I cannot name it. This will bother me.
Seeing a full-body human with Ray is seriously The Weird, though.
-
Yeah, it's like Commander Keen meets Robert Johnson.
Not a connection I'd made, but it makes me realllly happy. The Commander was a serious childhood hero of mine.
Also, Bob looks much cartoonier in today's strip. Last week was more of a dark portrait. Today he looks like he could be appearing in one of the New Scooby Doo Movies. Satan could be coming to claim his soul and chasing Bob and Scoob and Shaggy around, but Velma would come up with a plan to trap him and they'd discover it wasn't really Lucifer, but ol' man Scroggins the caretaker for the record company who wanted the master tapes for himself and he woulda gotten away with it too but I can't bring myself to say the rest.
Heh. That was precisely what I thought, and it completely and conclusively ruined the strip for me. Except for the wallpaper, of course.