The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:01:38 am

Title: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:01:38 am
This was an interesting year for Achewood. Some might consider it an off year for the strip, but in a year that only saw 106 strips produced there were some real gems.  To tell us about them and announce the winner will be the poster formerly known as Judy is a Dick Slap now going by the even more inexplicable moinker Drygioni.  Take it away Judy!
Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:09:18 am
Judy...?
Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:12:31 am
Ok, it looks like we've had our first glitch of the night.  Let's hope it won't be the last.  I don't have anything prepared to say in Judy's stead, so I'll just announce the winner.

It's the comic from 01/12/2009  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01122009

I'm Accepting the award on behalf of Chris Onstad.

Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:15:34 am
You can see the results of this vote here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5269.0.html).
Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: Drygioni on December 02, 2009, 02:20:44 am
Brilliant time for the laptop to make a loud noise and wake my girlfriend causing a lot of questions to be asked. I thought I may have one of the later slots so forgot about it but obviously not.

Paul thanks for covering in my stead!

Here is the original presentation to jazz things up a bit.

It is with great pleasure I present the award for best Achewood strip of the year.

The fertile mind of Mr Onstad has produced many a momentary diversion whether read in the office, on the loo or on the road to the grave.

Indeed, whilst our community here is held together by *fuck knows what, think of three things to put here* a lot of things, it is a shared passion for Achewood that has drawn us to TOUAMB in the first place, and allowed us all a common interest on which to build our freakish interweb-relationships.

It is only right and proper that this wonderful comic is recognised in our awards and so, at long fuck*ng last, here are the nominees for BEST COMIC:


Roast Beef's Stomach Needs A Name... (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212009)

We've all been there. Greg, Nick or Nestor, whoever he is, he has been in your body and you have had this conversation. Hilarity ensues with a dose of knowing chuckles thrown in, especially for those of a distinctly non-foody persuasion such as myself.


Sideburn Generator (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02192009)

Every man's biggest curiosity and worst nightmare made manifest.


Roast Beef Takes a Gamble (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuackNHjD)

It's these moments that show why Achewood is more than the sum of it's parts. Clean lines, simple onomatopoeia, and a single subtle change of expression provide more intensity and emotion than an entire Dan Brown novel. Or his entire oeuvre even.


Christmas Eve 1981 (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua9R319D)

Poignant.


The Visible Heel of Adam Smith (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01122009)

A by turns funny, worrying and fascinating insight into what I can only assume is the common American pastime of 'ga-rarrge' sales. A brilliant Roast Beef comic in ways that contrast brilliantly from the two above.






AND THE WINNER IS!

THE VISIBLE HEEL OF ADAM SMITH

I'm going to go pass out in a bit unless I've won something. Good night!

Thanks to Paul for being an awesome dude setting this up!

No thanks to me for being a dick!
Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 02, 2009, 02:23:18 pm
Congratulations, comic strip from several months ago!  You were the best!

Boo to the one cartoon that got nominated but didn't receive a single vote.  Someone should have checked your credentials more thoroughly at the door.
Title: Re: TOUAMBie Award "Comic of the Year"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 02, 2009, 03:24:58 pm
Yay, something I nominated won!

(Though I didn't actually vote for it.  Never mind, then.)