The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => 2009 Touambies => Topic started by: pmcd9 on December 02, 2009, 02:27:20 am
-
The Gone, but not Forgotten award goes to the poster who once was a regular on the board, but for whatever reason has decided to move on to greener pastures. But this has been a strange year here at TOUAMB. Along with an influx of "Assetbar Refugees" flooding our shores we've also seen the return of several favorite posters from the past. In fact, I've decided to rename this award the Prodigal Son award. One of our most beloved prodigal sons Jay-ell is here to present the award. Jay-ell the floor is yours.
-
At this time, let's take a moment to recognize all our dear but departed members who, for whatever reason, have gone on to bigger and better things. Each and every one of them brought something unique and special to this community, and all of them are missed. But you don't have to take my word for it -- here's what the TOUAMB archives have to say about our long-lost friends.
Misterqueue: "Misterqueue is a guy who many of us had honest to god human contact with in spite of the sometimes isolating effect of the internet." - SideShow
Nabubrush drinks (a lot), our former resident sexpot: "Everyone is gay for Nabu. Whether they want to be or not." - Doc
St. Zartan, winner of the 2005 TOUAMBie for "MIA but still in our hearts." "The Cloistered Librarian, brilliant with the quip and pop-culture reference. Come away from the stacks and see us sometime!" - AlohaDawg
Judy, AKA Drygioni, whose sudden resurrection has mystified us all: "The rest of you could learn a thing or two from Judy. He's a gentleman and a scholar." - Nabu
Jough: "No matter what you say, I know your terrible secret: You're actually a nice guy." - Hobot
Congratulations to all the nominees. No matter who wins tonight, you are all still in our fondest memories. Except for you, Judy, because you are right here on our board.
And the winner of the 2009 TOUAMBie award for "Gone but Not Forgotten" is...
Drygioni!
Congratulations, Judy. We're glad you came back from the virtual graveyard to recieve this honor, and we hope you stick around this time.
-
I suspect Judy has passed out again and or balls deep in his girlfriend. Possibly both. Congratulations Judy.
To view the results of this vote go here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5271.0.html)
-
I suspect Judy has passed out again and or balls deep in his girlfriend. Possibly both. Congratulations Judy.
To view the results of this vote go here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5271.0.html)
AND THE WINNER IS!
THE VISIBLE HEEL OF ADAM SMITH
I'm going to go pass out in a bit unless I've won something. Good night!
Thanks to Paul for being an awesome dude setting this up!
No thanks to me for being a dick!
He'll figure it out sooner or later.
-
Good christ!
I thought I was exempt.
I'd written a concession speech but not an acceptance one soooooooo
Cheers!
Having spent my formative adult years on this board (15 when I joined. Good christ) I can honestly say you have all had an impact on my lives. Positive might be going slightly too far but you're all wonderful people and it's touching to be picked for this award.
Even though I cheated technically by coming back.
And voting for myself as I thought it would make no difference.
I guess it was just destiny.
I'm going to finish this wine and go back to bed. I love you all.
EDIT: Paul she miraculously fell right back asleep but is now snoring, I swear this is deliberate and she's spiting me as she never snores.
-
Speaking of which where are the rest of the concession speeches?
-
Nabubrush drinks (a lot), our former resident sexpot: "Everyone is gay for Nabu. Whether they want to be or not." - Doc
^^ It's so true.
Judy, congrats! I'm glad you're back.
-
Judy,
Welcome back and congratulations for going away for JUST the right amount of time to make us think fondly of you.
-
I won the "Gone and Mostly Forgotten" award and it's just as well.
In a way, with so much having gone on here in my absence... the El Guapo has become the the n00b again.
Also, mildly intoxicated!
-
A mildly intoxicated n00b with admin powers? That's the stuff of nightmares, right there!
-
The sad part is I've been away for such as three years and I still have a higher post count than most of the regulars.
-
The sad part is I've been away for such as three years and I still have a higher post count than most of the regulars.
While you were away I surpassed you in the Topic Starter category. You've got some catching up to do buddy.
-
Catching up. Padding post count. Call it what you will.
-
Catching up. Padding post count. Call it what you will.
You just saw me coming up behind you, didn't you?