The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jaydub on December 07, 2009, 08:28:45 pm

Title: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: jaydub on December 07, 2009, 08:28:45 pm
Faith, the dog
 (http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/faith-the-biped-dog.html).

Yeah, sure - birds do it too, but the title gets less snappy as it gets more wordy.  Wonder how her spine will hold up over the years with that posture.
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 07, 2009, 08:45:33 pm
I've read about that dog before. She's almost 7 years old now. Pretty neat.
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 07, 2009, 10:58:15 pm
as a person who believes in Jesus AND science, i am annoyed by some of the comments on that page....
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: pmcd9 on December 08, 2009, 01:25:44 am
as a person who believes in Jesus AND science, i am annoyed by some of the comments on that page....

Thank god for TOUAMB so that we don't have to discuss this article there.  We've had our share of religious conversations here on this board so now we know better.
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: jay-ell on December 08, 2009, 07:00:10 pm
as a person who believes in Jesus AND science

Thank heaven, I was starting to think I was the only one!
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 08, 2009, 08:29:59 pm
Thank heaven, I was starting to think I was the only one!

i remember reading something you had posted before that led me to believe you had spiritual leanings......
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 08, 2009, 08:50:32 pm
The cuteness is preserved by the lack of dog dong all floppin around while it walks. Otherwise it would just look like he was showing off in some graphic display.


Edit: Heres a video in case you were wondering how freakish a two legged walking dog looks.
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 08, 2009, 08:55:50 pm
The cuteness is preserved by the lack of dog dong all floppin around while it walks. Otherwise it would just look like he was showing off in some graphic display.

That is the funniest thing I've read this week.  Thank you, A-cap, I needed that.  Today, work is a ghoulish mess. 
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 08, 2009, 10:14:37 pm
Turn your ghouls into ghoulash then. It always works for me.

Don't eat it though, ghoul ghoulash is like the dishwater of the devil.

Gawd, that's weird, I had started typing "goulash" at first, thinking about the bloody mess appearance of it, then thought that "ghoulish" would make more sense in the context of my day.

I could use some nice hot hearty homey goulash.  Mmm. 
Title: Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
Post by: slink on December 25, 2009, 02:47:52 pm
I don't know if this is the same bipedal dog as the one I came across a while back (reading this from a phone) but I was struck how much it made tghe back legs resemble an Achewood cat. Including the uneasy skinniness of the legs! Also... kind of creepy!