The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: side_show on December 08, 2009, 04:34:16 pm
-
Married to The Sea is a comic I have always enjoyed.
Check it out, (http://www.marriedtothesea.com/archives/2009/Nov/) check it out (http://www.marriedtothesea.com/012409/otter4w.gif).
-
Me too!!!
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5237.msg141073.html#msg141073
Hey, why do they call you Smells?
-
Me too!!!
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5237.msg141073.html#msg141073
Hey, why do they call you Smells?
I actually saw that back when you posted it, but forgot to reply. I believe it was actually Wombat who turned me on to this strip. Considering I use vintage clip art a lot in my art work, I find Married to the Sea especially inspiring.
As to why I'm called Smells, I would like to open the floor to additional fanciful explainations, because they are far more interesting than the true reason!
For example: I was once featured in Ripley's Believe it or Not due to my highly accurate sense of smell. I'm in training in the art of olfaction, seeking to identify nearly 5000 distinct aroma's, but am currently hung up on 3998 & 3999: differentiating between the scent of Belgian Endives from the North and South regions of said country.
-
She lives in an economically challenged neighborhood of Calgary and frequently has to step over unwashed street sleepers on her way out the door. Also the meth lab in the abandoned shack next door.
-
I once spent an entire day eating only beans, and as many beans as possible.
-
i heard youre allergic to antiperspirants.
-
Oh no, not a bean day.
-
She's part of a super-hero team with John Lee Super Taster, Visual Eye, and The Ear Horn.
-
She's into S&M, now-obscure units of measurement, and not capitalising.
-
She was trying to diss upon indie-rock's The Eels, while drunk-posting, and the resulting error was charming as hell.
-
Actually, all the rest of her immediate family has a rare genetic disorder which renders the olfactory nerve useless. Her nickname refers to the fact that she is the only one with all five senses intact.
-
She has no corporeal form, she merely wafts from place to place, travelling and communicating in form of aromas.
-
Her full name is actually Samantha Melissa Eleanor Lisa Lobbington-Snozzwuzzer.
-
It's because she stinks.
-
It's because she stinks.
I blame the Bog of Eternal Stench
-
When she was twelve, she ran away and joined a circus. Her side_show act was to guess a person's age, weight, or date of birth based on the particular aroma of his or her B.O.
-
She's into S&M, now-obscure units of measurement, and not capitalising.
I create my own obscure units of measure (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/861040080/#comment72157600941858999).
-
I create my own obscure units of measure (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/861040080/#comment72157600941858999).
This reminds me of a Super Dave Osborn special about safety I saw back in the day. He explained you should always keep at least one Super Dave Super Safe Space between you and the car in front of you. That's roughly a car-length, but Super Dave Super Safe Space us easier to remember.
-
obscene unit of measure= a c*** hair
[[shudder]] i really hate that word.
-
obscene unit of measure= a c*** hair
A red cunt hair.
-
obscene unit of measure= a c*** hair
[[shudder]] i really hate that word.
Better not mention strawberries, then.
-
A red cunt hair.
...which is darker at the root end than the tip.
-
Better not mention strawberries, then.
wait... what?
-
[[shudder]] i really hate that word.
What is it with you seppos and your hangups over the word "cunt"? Anyone would think it's offensive, rather than a term of endearment.
EDIT: Fuck I love Wikipedia sometimes:
In this sense the word is used to describe crude excess. An example of 'cunt' used as a simile to express an intense condition of bawdy, belligerent, antagonistic, or drunken behaviour, would be to describe another (or oneself) as behaving 'like a cunt'. This characterisation can be further qualified; 'like a total cunt', inferring that the state of being like a cunt can have greater extremes: 'like a total shit fuck bastard cunt', for example. Such syntax though is rare.
-
wait... what?
Ask embattled former baseball great Darryl CUNT.
-
What is it with you seppos...
HEY, learned a new word. Ah, Cockney rhyming slang, how quaint.