The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on December 18, 2009, 03:06:35 pm

Title: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 18, 2009, 03:06:35 pm
Smaller updates, more often. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12182009)

Executive summary: Blah blah reality TV sucks blah blah the world always sucked blah blah it's a different type but equivalent amount of suck blah blah kids get off my lawn blah blah merch in the store
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: wombat on December 18, 2009, 04:08:25 pm
Just because something is an easy target doesn't mean the attack can't be well done.

Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: pmcd9 on December 18, 2009, 04:25:27 pm
I wonder if Onstad has been listening to Wilco (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSQjcAxbR0)
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 18, 2009, 08:35:37 pm
I like Beef's confident pose and the mock-excitement he shows at the prospect of the family winning the Camaro.
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 18, 2009, 08:37:06 pm
I like Beef's confident pose and the mock-excitement he shows at the prospect of the family winning the Camaro.

Seeing Ray frown from behind is interesting too.
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: TedStriker on December 18, 2009, 10:23:17 pm
I know the Boss Man is working on anothe book, so I'm going to let one-offs like this slide.  The peculiarities of vocabulary and attention to detail in the art are still there, it's just not a home run.  The fact that they don't all have to be is something I'm reluctantly okay with.

So long as we don't have to look at this one for a month like last year's Christmas strip, I'm happy.
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: Toaster on December 19, 2009, 03:36:42 am
it took me a while to figure out what Beef was talking about in his quatrain, because I don't watch that show. I got it eventually, because of Cultural Osmosis.
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 20, 2009, 03:09:39 am
Yes, I just logged on to say that I just now understood who the Flavorous Jester was. I am not too bright.
Title: Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
Post by: Cioran on December 24, 2009, 08:52:23 am
This is a great strip.