The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on December 09, 2003, 12:41:55 pm

Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: andalucia on December 09, 2003, 12:41:55 pm
The wallpaper, now acknowledged to be the true star of the show.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: ndpatel on December 09, 2003, 12:49:59 pm
i thought vanilla vodka plus orange soda was an orange creamsicle (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11072001)?

and how does 3-to-1 equal 50/50?

man, now i'm all confused.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 01:10:14 pm
That wallpaper should be making me feel ill, but now I want a little tiny room all done out in it.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: jay-ell on December 09, 2003, 01:41:31 pm
I was so hoping the subject line here would be, "I ate it, in my innocence."
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: St_Zartan on December 09, 2003, 03:41:40 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I was so hoping the subject line here would be, "I ate it, in my innocence."


I'm sure it will come up again. I mean, that could probably be the title of half of our autobiographies.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: CortJstr on December 09, 2003, 03:51:24 pm
I'm reminded of the Garfield strips where he would be visited by the ghosts of animals he had eaten. Only good.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2003, 04:03:21 pm
I'm really feeling for Ray right about now.

All drunk at 9:30 in the morning and laying in his own vomit and drool and the room doin' whirlies all around you and getting ready to dry heave and wishing you were dead so it would just stop and realizing you're already dead so that wouldn't even help and despairing which is what you're supposed to do in hell and the bedspins won't stop and now the flowers on the wallpaper are talking to you which is weird enough but the flowers are really people you've done bad things to here to make you feel all guilty.

Truly, that is hell.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 09, 2003, 06:15:35 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Truly, that is hell.


Hell is a Taco Bell bathroom that's out of toilet paper.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 07:03:50 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Hell is a Taco Bell bathroom that's out of toilet paper.


I thought Hell was Taco Bell? Or is that in itself just some sort of ucomfortable part of limbo that serves bad food?
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: St_Zartan on December 09, 2003, 07:14:42 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I thought Hell was Taco Bell? Or is that in itself just some sort of ucomfortable part of limbo that serves bad food?


"Bad fast food" is a subset of Hell (cf "$4.95"), which is itself a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dow Chemical.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: V-Adore on December 09, 2003, 07:17:26 pm
And lo, Robert Johnson has forsaken him in his hour of need! Truly, we are in Hell.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: CortJstr on December 09, 2003, 08:08:33 pm
Is hell entirely catered by Burger Busters, Inc.*?


*Taco Hell, KFC, Pizza Slut
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2003, 08:13:36 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Is hell entirely catered by Burger Busters, Inc.*?


*Taco Hell, KFC, Pizza Slut


Gee, it looks like it.  Which would mean you could only get Pepsi products in hell.  Those three restaurants (using the word loosely) are all owned by YUM, Inc.  YUM was spun off from Pepsico a few years ago and has its headquaters just down the road a piece.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: CortJstr on December 09, 2003, 08:19:52 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Is hell entirely catered by Burger Busters, Inc.*?


*Taco Hell, KFC, Pizza Slut


Gee, it looks like it.  Which would mean you could only get Pepsi products in hell.


Really? Hell rocks!
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: jough on December 09, 2003, 08:23:18 pm
Actually, Pepsi sold off KFC, TB, and PH in the mid-90s to Tricon.

Here's an interesting story about the two company's "alliance" in bringing Pepsi beverages to their stores:

http://www.pepsico.com/news/pepsicola/2000/20000503p.shtml

Pfft.  Like they're fooling anyone.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2003, 10:43:46 pm
Tricon was renamed to YUM shortly thereafter.  Tricon was spunoff from Pepsico and was originally a wholly owned subsidiary.  I would think that Pepsico still owns enough YUM stock to control the Board.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 09, 2003, 11:50:24 pm
Quote from: "Jough"
Actually, Pepsi sold off KFC, TB, and PH in the mid-90s to Tricon.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Tricon was renamed to YUM shortly thereafter.  Tricon was spunoff from Pepsico and was originally a wholly owned subsidiary.  I would think that Pepsico still owns enough YUM stock to control the Board.


You guys are amazing!  Why isn't there a central database of this stuff?  A WhoOwnsWhat.com?
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 11:56:36 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Why isn't there a central database of this stuff?  A WhoOwnsWhat.com?


There isn't?

I knew the internet would fail us one day.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2003, 12:06:33 am
I'm still just smacked useless-stupid about and by the fact that there is a huge fast-food concern with bales and bales of cash that calls itself, without a trace of irony, YUM, Inc. I mean this is the sort of thing you would see on bad children's television: LET'S ALL MAKE A SNACK STAND IN YOUR FRONT YARD AND CALL IT "YUM INCORPORATED" AND GO IPO IN SIX MONTHS WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE THAT OUR PROFIT MARGIN IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT UPON MY REPORT CARD
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: doomglobe on December 10, 2003, 01:26:19 am
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
You guys are amazing!  Why isn't there a central database of this stuff?  A WhoOwnsWhat.com?


it would be impossible to keep it up to date. I mean how many times has the name of your local bank changed in the last 5 years (mine has changed 4 times in 5 years)? not to mention phone companies and whatnot. It would be nice though, its a cool idea.

anyway back to ray It seems like he is having a really bad trip, and it will probably just get worse and worse and never stop. I guess the main difference between hell and a bad trip is that the trip is based a bit on reality, whereas hell is an all encompasing entity which can change its form to create a situation which is steadilly more awful. also the trip ends after six hours or so.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 01:44:53 am
Ray shouldn'ta ate the brown acid.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 01:46:56 am
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "El Guapo"
Actually, Pepsi sold off KFC, TB, and PH in the mid-90s to Tricon.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Tricon was renamed to YUM shortly thereafter.  Tricon was spunoff from Pepsico and was originally a wholly owned subsidiary.  I would think that Pepsico still owns enough YUM stock to control the Board.


You guys are amazing!  Why isn't there a central database of this stuff?  A WhoOwnsWhat.com?


Well, I know about this particular corporation because Mrs. West is a former employee of both KFC (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=516&start=35) and Taco Bell and we owned some Pepsico stock at one time.  Also, Tricon/YUM is headquartered here in Louisville, so we get to read about them in the newpaper regularly.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: Noah on December 10, 2003, 04:52:16 am
Is Ray being haunted by his conscience or are these actually dead people? All the flowers are young people, though.
Title: 50/50 (Dec 9/03)
Post by: jough on December 10, 2003, 09:07:28 am
I don't have as good an excuse as August.  I just like to read the trade papers.