The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jaydub on January 05, 2010, 12:36:40 am

Title: Tweak
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2010, 12:36:40 am
I changed my profile setting to display the most recent posts first, with the thought that it might save scrolling.  The result is...unsettling.  I'm used to TOUAMB operating a certain way, I suppose.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: wombat on January 05, 2010, 12:55:16 am
I think scrolling is the most exercise I'm getting these days. I wouldn't want to give it up.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 04:25:02 am
how did you have it set to display before?

there was that experiment where they had students wear these glasses 24x7 that made everything upside down and after a while their brains would automatically right everything to where when they took the glasses off, then everything looked like it was upside down.  so don't worry.  your brain will adapt.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 04:28:10 am
your brain will adapt.

Will it?
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 05, 2010, 05:35:05 am
how did you have it set to display before?

there was that experiment where they had students wear these glasses 24x7 that made everything upside down and after a while their brains would automatically right everything to where when they took the glasses off, then everything looked like it was upside down.  so don't worry.  your brain will adapt.

the brain however cannot adapt to making everything photonegative. Some things are hardwired.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2010, 05:51:05 am
I can read upside down quite easily.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 05, 2010, 06:19:34 am
I can read upside down quite easily.

əıl noʎ
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2010, 06:33:47 am
əıl noʎ


The l isn't right.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 01:38:18 pm
əıl noʎ


Go back to South Carolina.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 01:43:43 pm
I can read upside down quite easily.

I was skipped through grades when I was four years old because I was reading the testing woman's handwritten notes back to her from across the desk.  (Yeah, I'm that kind of geek.)  However, I've found as I've gotten older, my ability to read upside-down has lessened considerably.  I still play Scrabble upside-down, though; it's easier than rotating the board each turn.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: Toaster on January 05, 2010, 07:28:55 pm
I learned to write backward like Leonardo daVinci, but I was disappointed to find that my writing could be read rightways from the back of the page. I asked my history teacher what the deal was, and he said that Leonardo used vellum and not paper like ours. Vellum being much thicker, see.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: lprkn on January 05, 2010, 10:45:10 pm
Maybe old Leo just showed people the backs of all his papers?
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: jaydub on January 06, 2010, 12:56:09 am
Kept them from seeing the rude titties he drew on the fronts in lighter ink.
Title: Re: Tweak
Post by: lprkn on January 06, 2010, 02:43:24 am
According to your local historical revisionist, he probably drew way more rude bozacks than he ever drew titties.