The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on December 09, 2003, 04:47:58 pm

Title: Hamagami
Post by: pmcd9 on December 09, 2003, 04:47:58 pm
It's like Oragami with Ham.  Hamagami? (http://www.sub.nipponham.co.jp/winny/kazari/)
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 05:22:50 pm
The most pointless seems to be the Battenburg cake made from Ham.
I mean... why?
The stuff tastes like shit anyway.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2003, 08:02:34 pm
I like ham.

Honeybaked or Country Ham.

Even green with eggs of a similar hue.

I like ham.

Slink, why not you?
Title: Hamagami
Post by: pmcd9 on December 09, 2003, 08:05:48 pm
I thought he was saying that Battenburg cake taste like shit.

~Paul
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 08:07:01 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I like ham.

Honeybaked or Country Ham.

Even green with eggs of a similar hue.

I like ham.

Slink, why not you?


Splendid!
And oh no no, I like ham, as long as it's real, and indeed honeybaked is rather fine, although whether it beats a parma is indeed questionable!
I meant that battenburg tastes like shit (it's like a nasty sponge cake in pink and yellow, alternate quarters, wrapped in marzipan - like in the picture near bottom left on the hamigami site there) and well, it involves the ingredients I just mentioned. So making it with ham?
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2003, 08:07:19 pm
Yes, but it's so much more difficult to make a lame little poem about Battenburg cake.  Especially when you don't know what Battenburg cake is.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: St_Zartan on December 09, 2003, 10:45:52 pm
Just when I'm really ready to throw the whole mess out with the dishwater, along comes a refreshing and comforting reminder that eight-year-old girls are still securely at the helm of Japanese popular culture.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 09, 2003, 10:55:29 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Just when I'm really ready to throw the whole mess out with the dishwater, along comes a refreshing and comforting reminder that eight-year-old girls are still securely at the helm of Japanese popular culture.


Good point. You can tell it isn't mid 20s to mid 30s Japanese women, because no one seems to have done a Hello Kitty ham... thing, and as far as I can tell, that is who the entire HK demographic is made up of. Oh, and young, gay western men.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: V-Adore on December 09, 2003, 11:46:47 pm
There is a certain "teenage Western girls" class of HK fans, but yeah, mostly Western gay men and the Japanese women you mentioned. But hey, there are worse sectors to have control of the cultural heritage of a nation.

I think.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 12:00:29 am
I just don't understand why (or how they get away with it) 20-30 something Japanese business women want Hello Kitty branded pink laptops?
I mean, the iBook is bad enough as far as I'm concerned!
Title: Hamagami
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2003, 12:09:50 am
I don't get it either, when a Kogepan (http://www.ingram.co.jp/inter/pan/gaku.html) laptop would obviously be so much cooler.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2003, 12:14:55 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
But hey, there are worse sectors to have control of the cultural heritage of a nation.

$MOUTHFUL = "said"

On the one hand, you have people making inoffensive and appealing sculptures out of luncheon meats.

On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia. BOO HOO, MY HEART WILL NEVER HEAL FOR THE LOSS OF THIS MAN WHO MADE HIS NAME AND FORTUNE BY QUITE LITERALLY DRIVING LIKE A fuck*ng JERK

And, yes, before you ask - they vote.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 10, 2003, 12:27:42 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia.


Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get the word 'Dale' tattooed across my bozack.  A friend of mine saw a guy walking around Raleigh a couple of days after the tragedy with a t-shirt sporting Earnhardt's face and the words "Just another dead redneck."  The same friend commented that in Raleigh, the guy was safe.  In his hometown of Marion, the guy would have been hanged.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2003, 12:36:41 am
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia.


Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get the word 'Dale' tattooed across my bozack.


So your bozack is, quite literally, one unique piece of said memorabilia. Never before have I been more literal when I told someone that they were / are sitting on a gold mine.

<---- L@@K R@RE :)))) 1 OF A KIND DALE NASCAR SCROTUM NO RESERVE
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 01:38:22 am
Who is this "Dale Earnhardt" of which you speak.  Is he some kind of rassler?
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 01:39:27 am
No wait, I know!  He's the kid peeing on the Ford symbol (et al) in all those humorous (sic) bumper stickers.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 01:40:48 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

<---- L@@K R@RE :)))) 1 OF A KIND DALE NASCAR SCROTUM NO RESERVE


Would become the second strangest thing I'd ever seen on eBay.
Since I think it's more normal to tattoo your scrote than to sell your ex girlfriends glass eye for closure.
Maybe that's just me!
Title: Hamagami
Post by: V-Adore on December 10, 2003, 02:43:07 am
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

<---- L@@K R@RE :)))) 1 OF A KIND DALE NASCAR SCROTUM NO RESERVE


Would become the second strangest thing I'd ever seen on eBay.
Since I think it's more normal to tattoo your scrote than to sell your ex girlfriends glass eye for closure.
Maybe that's just me!

Wouldn't the weirdness be multiplied by then (presumably) detaching said scrotum in order to sell it on eBay?

That said... man, who sells an ex-girlfriend's glass eye? (Hell, who leaves their glass eye at an ex-boyfriend's house? By accident?)
Title: Hamagami
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 02:58:20 am
I'm just proud that my spouse was the first person to use the word "bozack" on this message board.  

I'm beaming.  See me beam?
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 10, 2003, 03:13:00 am
She's selling his scrotum (and neuticles) for closure as well. In a stunning "if you like pina colada's" sort of moment, they buy the items from each other unknowingly and wind up back together.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2003, 03:59:17 am
I''m literally laughing out loud at all of this.

~Paul
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 04:10:40 am
Quote from: "Pedro's Ball and Chai... uh, Better Half"
I'm just proud that my spouse was the first person to use the word "bozack" on this message board.

I'm beaming. See me beam?


Pedro has been a welcome addition lately.  

You two make such a lovely couple.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 04:19:47 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Pedro has been a welcome addition lately.  

You two make such a lovely couple.


Beam.  BEAM!!
Title: Hamagami
Post by: jough on December 10, 2003, 09:11:28 am
THIS IS NO LONGER ABOUT STRANGE THINGS PEOPLE CAN DO WITH HAM.

FOR SHAME, PEOPLE, FOR SHAME.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2003, 05:29:29 pm
Whoa! I am unlocking this just because I've never done it before and wanted to see if it worked.  The power is going to my head!
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 10, 2003, 05:30:33 pm
Strange things people can do with Ham!
Back on topic!

Discuss!
Title: Hamagami
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2003, 05:33:10 pm
Do hot dogs count?
http://octodog.net/
Title: Hamagami
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2003, 05:35:11 pm
No, I'm sorry, hot dogs do not count as this thread is not titled "Snoutstrottersandentrailsagami".
Title: Hamagami
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 06:03:29 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Do hot dogs count?
http://octodog.net/


Oh my.

 :disgusted:

Not the face I made, but the name of this one was right.
Title: Hamagami
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 10, 2003, 07:13:54 pm
Thank you for unlocking this topic.  Because I wanted to say:

I am making a big friggin' Alton Brown-style ham for Christmas dinner.  Haven't decided yet if I'm doing the simpler "city ham," or the full bore "country ham" which you let soak in water for two days before you cook it.

Either way, ham rules.  And it's our funniest food product.