The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 08:26:31 am

Title: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 08:26:31 am
does my new avatar change your impression of me?

Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 10:59:53 am
attention please administrators of the board

would you please change my display name

thank you
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: dejavroom on January 05, 2010, 11:28:39 am
It's a very good... avatar.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 05, 2010, 01:34:10 pm
Are you indeed falling down?  Or do you just want the wrong kind of food at the wrong time?
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 01:43:11 pm
attention please administrators of the board

would you please change my display name

thank you

To what? 

And why?
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 02:57:30 pm
I guess the question remains: is it better to be a slut or a whore?
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: AugustWest on January 05, 2010, 03:04:19 pm
There.  Now be good or I'll banish you to the land of wind and ghosts.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 04:38:30 pm
anano-wa avitar zen zen wakarimasen
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 05:24:33 pm
I think I'm going to get a facebook
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2010, 05:53:14 pm
Aww, you are becoming one of us. I think this is one of the internet's greatest success stories.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: jay-ell on January 05, 2010, 06:44:40 pm
It's a ruse, a plot, a conspiracy.

Or else...he was one of us all along.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 05, 2010, 09:28:25 pm
I subscribed to the ACLU.  something like $35 a year or something.  Then when it came time to re-up, I can't remember exactly what happened, but their customer service pissed me off, and I think I tried to complain about whatever was pissing me off, and got even more pissed off by their response or the inability to get in touch with anyone in their customer service.  So I no longer subscribe to the ACLU.  But I have this bumper sticker they sent me.  it says 'I'm a constitution voter.'

I dunno.  I'm not happy with it.  I want something stronger.  Something like "Jesus hates Republicans"

_ :o_ (http://jesushatesyou.com/)

Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: CortJstr on January 06, 2010, 12:04:56 am
I subscribed to the ACLU.  something like $35 a year or something.  Then when it came time to re-up, I can't remember exactly what happened, but their customer service pissed me off, and I think I tried to complain about whatever was pissing me off, and got even more pissed off by their response or the inability to get in touch with anyone in their customer service.  So I no longer subscribe to the ACLU.  But I have this bumper sticker they sent me.  it says 'I'm a constitution voter.'

I dunno.  I'm not happy with it.  I want something stronger.  Something like "Jesus hates Republicans"

_ :o_ (http://jesushatesyou.com/)

You could always get a Jesus Was a Liberal t-shirt (http://www.wordfront.com/wares/)
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: miles on January 06, 2010, 03:33:07 am
I'm just wondering why you would ever need to get in contact with the ACLU's customer service. That's where the real story is.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 06, 2010, 04:33:54 am
I don't know maybe they was sending my subscription to the wrong address or they kept sending me renewal notices after I had already renewed or something.

anywya, no one discussed the topic of this which was does someone's avatar influence what you think aobut that person?
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: miles on January 06, 2010, 04:45:42 am
Ah, OK. That makes sense. I just read it as you gave $35 to the ACLU and got one of those cards to put in your wallet and a bumper sticker.

Umm, avatars. Yeah, it probably does. Unless you're Asherdan.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Toaster on January 06, 2010, 04:59:35 am
Asherdan's avatar looks like an evil scientist, and I like it.
Title: Re: mi avit
Post by: Thomas Pain on January 06, 2010, 08:45:58 am
I heard there was a study done that showed that people of similar body weight tended to hang out with each other more than with people of dissimilar body weight.

That was in real life but I wonder if that's true also for internet message boards.

PS why did jay ell change to not having an avatar?