The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Toaster on January 11, 2010, 05:53:35 pm

Title: Penny Arcade
Post by: Toaster on January 11, 2010, 05:53:35 pm
What does TOUAMB think of Penny Arcade?

Today's is funny. I like it. http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/1/11/
Title: Re: Penny Arcade
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 11, 2010, 06:07:05 pm
I am fond of the Penny Arcade, even if I don't always know what games they are referring to in their strips.

What we need more of is Cardboard Tube Samurai.
Title: Re: Penny Arcade
Post by: jay-ell on January 11, 2010, 06:18:27 pm
I have fallen out of the habit of reading PA, though at one point I read the full archives.

I thoroughly enjoyed On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/penny-arcade-adventures-on-the-rain-slick-precipice-of-darkness-episode-one/), parts I and II.
Title: Re: Penny Arcade
Post by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2010, 12:13:29 am
Whenever someone posts a link to Penny Arcade I go check it out, but it rarely rises above the level of lame in my eyes.
Title: Re: Penny Arcade
Post by: wombat on January 12, 2010, 01:17:13 am
Sort of what Paul said. I check it out, but it's about things I know nothing about. Also, the art makes me queasy.
This amused me, though.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/12/30/ (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/12/30/)
Title: Re: Penny Arcade
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 12, 2010, 02:40:34 am
Penny Arcade, I do not usually care for at all, but I'll admit that there are the occasional good ones that break the mold.

The comedy formula of Wacky Gamer #1, Wacky Gamer #2 and Token Ladette-Lady does not generally appeal to a dude.