The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Daisy Owl => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2010, 10:15:21 pm

Title: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2010, 10:15:21 pm
lINK (http://daisyowl.com/comic/2010-01-12)
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: jaydub on January 12, 2010, 10:35:38 pm
For 2 kids going to see ROCKETS they're sure less excited than I would have been (would be).


I know, I know...circumstances
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: Toaster on January 12, 2010, 10:46:15 pm
Those kids do not have curiosity about space.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: wombat on January 12, 2010, 10:54:34 pm
I need a saltine myself, I think.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: Mr Trout on January 12, 2010, 11:25:31 pm
Similar to artificial grape flavor, saltines are forever linked in my mind with being sick. I feel like ginger ale narrowly escaped the same fate.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: Choop on January 13, 2010, 12:51:19 am
no kid ever put on a seat belt on the bus, it's nice to see that kind of honesty in a cartoon
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: miles on January 13, 2010, 03:09:05 am
To my recollection, buses never had seat belts.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: theinevitable on January 13, 2010, 04:06:01 am
I put seat belts on on the bus.

I was a very worried child. Also: very worried about following directions.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: oball on January 13, 2010, 04:29:00 am
To my recollection, buses never had seat belts.

Yeah, when I was of schooling age, none of the buses we used for excursions had seat belts.  I've only seen seatbelts appear in coaches and minibuses recently.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 13, 2010, 03:16:22 pm
Buses don't have seat belts because the return on investment isn't there.  School buses are already just about the statistically least-likely vehicle on the road to have an accident [citation needed].  They are big and yellow and carry kids, so people tend to notice them and not get in their way.  It would cost a shitload of money to retrofit buses with seatbelts, and in many cases you wouldn't be able to carry as many kids (3-to-a-seat, remember?), so you'd have to buy MORE BUSES, too.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2010, 03:24:40 pm
Back in my day the only safety equipment on school buses was the iron pipe that formed the back of the seat in front of you.  Luckily, it was located right at face level -- should there be a rear-end collision it was right there to stop your head from moving too far forward.
Title: Re: 2010-01-12 Feel Better Now?
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2010, 03:25:18 pm
P.S. And we liked it!