The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: spinn on January 14, 2010, 05:07:17 am

Title: holy crud
Post by: spinn on January 14, 2010, 05:07:17 am
...somehow Firefox remembered my password for the forum, 'cos I certainly don't. And when I logged in I had two spam PMs from late 2006.

So, this forum's basically new to me, and usually when I get to a new forum I look at announcement posts, check out the forums, look around and what's going, get a feel for the WELL SCREW IT. This is(n't) the official Achewood forum and if I feel like comin' in goddamn hot I think you people can handle it. Time from getting asian porn spam to clicking Post is gonna be roughly three minutes. I only got here looking for pictures of Bruce Willis in a shipping crate anyway.

Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: AugustWest on January 14, 2010, 05:23:24 am
Welcome back.
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: Chump Change on January 14, 2010, 05:25:48 am
Did a search for 'Bruce Willis in shipping crates', got this Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_mail).
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: spinn on January 14, 2010, 05:34:16 am
Yeah, me too. Was hoping for an actual in-context picture, though. Looks like someone actually uploaded the movie on to youtube in 10-minute segments, but 1) I don't know where in the movie it is, and 2) it would mean essentially watching the movie, and I don't wanna break that streak.

Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: Chump Change on January 14, 2010, 06:07:00 am
4:14-5:30: after escaping from the Mario Brothers' ambulance on a runaway gurney, Hawk is mailed to Rome by the CIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eLc5LB1n9k)

8:16-8:35: Hawk mails himself inside the Vatican museum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SZJ4KE0MU)

Don't say I never did anything for you.
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: Choop on January 14, 2010, 06:15:04 am
man that movie gets undeservedly besmirched all the dang ol' time. i for one enjoyed it, probably because i went in with low expectations.
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: Chump Change on January 14, 2010, 07:12:41 am
I think it is possible to enjoy it, but I don't think it is possible to 'unfairly' besmirch it
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: lprkn on January 14, 2010, 07:24:04 am
I love that movie in all its beshitted glory.
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: CortJstr on January 14, 2010, 02:13:29 pm
Tangential: It's nice that Scribs is back.
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: spinn on January 15, 2010, 12:05:38 am
4:14-5:30: after escaping from the Mario Brothers' ambulance on a runaway gurney, Hawk is mailed to Rome by the CIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eLc5LB1n9k)

8:16-8:35: Hawk mails himself inside the Vatican museum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SZJ4KE0MU)

Don't say I never did anything for you.

Oh rock thanks!

And also thanks CortJstr!
Title: Re: holy crud
Post by: Chump Change on January 15, 2010, 06:55:42 am
I'm always intrigued what people think when I show them out-of-context scenes from this movie.