The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: miles on January 15, 2010, 06:37:45 am
-
Pales in comparison to the disaster in Haiti, but something about it is still hard for me to wrap my mind around. And a possible homicide angle now?
From NYT: Jay Reatard, 29, a Force in Punk Rock, Is Dead (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/arts/music/15reatard.html)
Mr. Lindsey’s productivity was a source of as much admiration as curiosity in the music press, and he was often asked to explain his compulsion to create so much music so quickly.
"I’m just trying to get the idea out before the inspiration is gone,” he said. “Everything I do is motivated by the fear of running out of time."
Just kinda hits me in the gut.
-
This freaks me out, too. My girlfriend was just telling me the other day to listen to Blood Visions.
-
He couldn't stand knowing that he'd never get to live on Pandora.
-
I have no idea why, but I parsed this in an odd way and was hoping Jay Leno had died.
-
and was hoping Jay Leno had died.
Yeah, you and all of NBC.
-
It sounds like I may have missed out on Mr. Lindsey.
What a Mr. Lindsey may look like:
(http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTgxMzE0MTU5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzYyNzI2._V1._SX312_SY400_.jpg)
-
this dude is a stranger to me.
-
How did he die?
-
If it's known it hasn't been released. I guess he was found in bed early in the morning by a roommate. There was an article (here is the cache (http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/011410-mpd-investigating-jay-reatard%2527s-death-as-homicide) url) indicating that a homicide investigation was opened that has since been removed.
Here's a video from his most recent album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG65eqfg6bc
-
That was pretty good. Big budget too. They spent a lot of money on that clip.
-
How did he die?
Reatard, whose real name was Jimmy Lee Lindsey Jr, died from "cocaine toxicity, [with] alcohol [as] a contributing factor" (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/04/jay-reatard)