The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 25, 2010, 03:48:27 pm
-
It's rice right?
-
and stock, yes.
-
I only ask because In the last week I've encountered no less than 3 people that think it's pasta. 5 people if you count the two who have already weighed in on Facebook.
All the rice deniers are women too and it's only men who know it to be rice. Weird.
-
There's also usually cheese involved.
-
They are confusing risotto with orzo.
-
What is the world coming to?
-
Risotto is rice kinda trying to be pasta- it is awesome.
Orzo is pasta trying to be rice- Meh.
-
They are confusing risotto with orzo.
thats what i did.
-
i had mushroom risotto for dinner tonight.
-
i had mushroom risotto for dinner tonight.
Me too. With chicken also. Was very good.
-
Paul, if people keep insisting risotto is made from pasta, you send them here (http://www.epicurious.com/tools/fooddictionary/search?query=risotto&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=submit).
-
Paul, if people keep insisting risotto is made from pasta, you send them here (http://www.epicurious.com/tools/fooddictionary/search?query=risotto&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=submit).
Oh, FUCK! This whole time I've been pronouncing it rih-SO-toh.
-
Oh, FUCK! This whole time I've been pronouncing it rih-SO-toh.
Eep. Me too.
-
ree-ZAW-toh is the most ridiculous phonetic spelling of risotto i can even imagine. it's pronounced just liked it's spelled. in italian.