The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on January 28, 2010, 09:14:17 pm

Title: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 28, 2010, 09:14:17 pm
(http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/136728/PETE-TOWNSEND-SEX-OFFENDER.jpg)
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: pmcd9 on January 28, 2010, 09:21:32 pm
Oh dear.
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: Mr Trout on January 29, 2010, 01:02:36 am
I thought he managed to get himself off of that list? He claimed he was "researching for a book," which is a pretty weak excuse, though I think it was only one website he had visited and there wasn't anything stored on his computer.

That picture is hella creepy though.
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 29, 2010, 01:49:02 am
Ahhhhhhhhh, homophobia thinly veiled in the crisp candy shell of fake anti-pedophilia activism.

You fuck*ng stay classy, Miami.

I don't care that much for the Who so I ain't gonna get up on this much but...

Don't you dare do this to Pee-Wee Herman, Miami. For real.
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: AugustWest on January 29, 2010, 04:03:14 am
I don't care that much for the Who

Huh.  They all look like English words, but they just don't seem to make much sense when they're strung together in that order.  Weird.
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2010, 04:12:27 am
Damn counselor, you've beaten me to the punch.  I don't really know how it's possible to not care much for the Who.  I mean what's not to love, they've got everything you love about Guns and Roses with the added benefit that they kept on making brilliant music through the craziness.
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 29, 2010, 04:20:54 am
I amend my misspeak:

I like The Who a good deal, like everyone basically, but feel no particular exceptional draw to their material.

I know they're really good, when they're on the radio I turn it up, but their material doesn't jive with my particular obsessions so I don't think I own anything other than TOMMY on CD.

I misspoke (typed, whatever) because I have been jangled up all day over the thought that I'd bomb the Jeopardy Online Quiz...

And then I did! Hooray for Zoidberg!
Title: Re: Peter Townshend, Sex Offender, is coming to a town near you
Post by: smick on January 29, 2010, 05:17:17 am
Funny thing... his website had a story about how he was doing research on pedophilia for years before the charges.