The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on December 10, 2003, 07:08:48 pm

Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Limmo on December 10, 2003, 07:08:48 pm
A science-type question I'm sure we've all pondered at one point or another...
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Pedro Picasso on December 10, 2003, 07:11:22 pm
Maybe he just wants to die in the worst way possible, so he can go be with Ray.  In hell.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 10, 2003, 07:12:12 pm
But would he go to hell?  Or back to heaven with Molly?

If the former, what's he done since the last time he died that would qualify him for hell?

This one made me laugh out loud at my desk.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 07:12:14 pm
Beautiful.  *weeps*

I love Beef.  I love him so much.  

Any bets on whether or not Onstad will ever tie up the "Ray in Hell" storyline?
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Limmo on December 10, 2003, 07:14:13 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Maybe he just wants to die in the worst way possible, so he can go be with Ray.  In hell.


That's true, we haven't seen any of the emotional fallout among the other characters from Ray's Tofutti-Cutie-related death.  Nice one, Pedro!
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2003, 07:27:29 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I love Beef.  I love him so much.


You just knew he'd be on a first-name basis with the off-season Butterball hotline operator.

"All kinds of Cuervo". Awesome.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Gimpson on December 10, 2003, 07:30:49 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
But would he go to hell?  Or back to heaven with Molly?

If the former, what's he done since the last time he died that would qualify him for hell?


YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF THOUGH

YOU HAVE TO DIE FOR REAL (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242001)
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2003, 08:47:08 pm
It's a new twist on the old pissing on the third rail theme.  A laugh out loud funny twist I might add.

~Paul
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 08:56:03 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"

YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF THOUGH

YOU HAVE TO DIE FOR REAL (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242001)


And I was just about to bitch at you for capitalising all of that! Nice one.

Quote from: "jldunston"
Any bets on whether or not Onstad will ever tie up the "Ray in Hell" storyline?


Probably. Although what with the knowledge of Beef not going to Heaven like that, he may end up with Ray.
But then maybe he was just intrigued and isn't going to try it.
Does he even know Ray's in Hell?
How long has Ray been in Hell and does time run relative to Achewood?
And... thanks to my friend I've forgotten the other one.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: ferocious j on December 10, 2003, 09:06:32 pm
I haven't yet reached a conclusion on whether or not this one is happening concurrently with the Ray-in-Hell storyline or not.

Edit: What I wanted to ask, though, is how did Rose know Beef had been drinking all by himself?  Have they had conversations before?  Perhaps during a Thanksgiving-season 1-800 call?  Oh you know it.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2003, 09:12:21 pm
I think the Butterball line just gets this kind of call a lot. You're drunk and alone staring into your fridge when the turkey wrapper calls to you.

This also applies to 867-5309
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2003, 09:48:13 pm
I suck.  I didnt get it until I did a Google search.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2003, 09:58:14 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I suck.  I didnt get it until I did a Google search.


You don't suck, you're just too young to have ever had to cook your own turkey.  There's no suckiness in that.  And wait, aren't you in some other country where they might not even sell that brand of turkey?
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2003, 10:02:08 pm
Nah, I meant the 867-5309.  But I still appreciate the affirmation of my non-suckiness.  


I might add that besides being youthful and canadian, I'm also vegan... so I really would have a right not to understand the turkey part as well.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: St_Zartan on December 10, 2003, 10:07:02 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
And wait, aren't you in some other country where they might not even sell that brand of turkey?


What sort of complete and undiluted headfuck must rip through the foreign mind when they come across the word "Butterball" sans context? I wish I could unlearn my whole understanding of "Butterball" so that I can experience this for myself.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: andalucia on December 10, 2003, 10:08:48 pm
Yeah, it's mindblowing, trust me.









Whoa.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: slink on December 10, 2003, 10:11:45 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I wish I could unlearn my whole understanding of "Butterball" so that I can experience this for myself.


My deepest, and most sincere apologies, for being British and already knowing what it was.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Noah on December 10, 2003, 11:15:32 pm
oh wow, Gimpson lives in Shawnee! I used to live there!
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: V-Adore on December 10, 2003, 11:16:01 pm
Personally, now I'm wondering about this. I'm not about to try an empirical experiment, though.

Conjecture on the end of the Ray-in-Hell arc: Ray will suddenly reappear in Achewood. No explanation. Perhaps Achewood is Hell? Perhaps Ray just Oded on LSD-laced Tofutti Cuties?

Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: Gimpson on December 10, 2003, 11:25:53 pm
Yes, I was unclear on whether he was calling Butterball to find out if the deed would be sufficiently lethal to suicide, or if he was calling to find out if he needed to expend the energy to avoid doing it.  (The vomiting on the socket.)
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: ferocious j on December 11, 2003, 12:32:06 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.

Hey, how did Blister die, anyway?  Do we know?
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: V-Adore on December 11, 2003, 12:41:49 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.

Hey, how did Blister die, anyway?  Do we know?

I don't think we've ever been told, but the squirrels all tend to die through misadventure -- either bad luck or gross stupidity. Todd seems to be the sole exception (although he hasn't been in the strip much lately...)
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: doomglobe on December 11, 2003, 02:35:04 am
real squirrels die this way. have you ever driven on a road in the woods, and slam on the brakes in order to prevent the death of an idiotic squirrel, only to have it run BACK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR when you start moving again? I cant count the number of times that has happened to me.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: AugustWest on December 11, 2003, 03:03:09 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I haven't yet reached a conclusion on whether or not this one is happening concurrently with the Ray-in-Hell storyline or not.



Right.  Somehow I have the feeling that descended in to hell in a non-contemporaneous fashion.

Maybe Ray is in Hell on Earth2.  Or Achewood2.  Or Underworld2.  Or something.  Perhaps we shall have to have a Crisis on Infinite Achewoods to rectify this whole thing.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: andalucia on December 11, 2003, 03:37:49 am
Quote from: "doomglobe"
only to have it run BACK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR


I read this as RUN BACKWARDS under your car, and got all excited for a moment trying to form a mental picture of a squirrel running backwards into certain doom.
Title: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
Post by: V-Adore on December 11, 2003, 04:44:09 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Maybe Ray is in Hell on Earth2.  Or Achewood2.  Or Underworld2.  Or something.  Perhaps we shall have to have a Crisis on Infinite Achewoods to rectify this whole thing.

Only if we get to see Dark Cyborg Roast Beef kill several minor characters in quick succession. "killin' is a special thing I do   when I'm tired of thinking about Andy the goddang *****   *blam*"