The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Cioran on February 01, 2010, 04:34:25 am

Title: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Cioran on February 01, 2010, 04:34:25 am
Right now I am listening to Wire. This is a band whose balls you, sir, can just suck.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: pmcd9 on February 01, 2010, 05:06:01 am
I am a fan of your trolling style, Cioran.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Drygioni on February 01, 2010, 01:04:25 pm
Wire are fuck*ng brilliant. Absolutely top notch

Pink Flag is so good it hurts.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 03, 2010, 04:06:54 pm
Money spines paper lung kidney bingos organ fun. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlTNWwUV3Hs)
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 10:25:22 pm
Pink Flag is my girl's favorite album, because she is way cooler than me.

I really like it, but mostly just 12XU.

What college radio is to me: playing 12XU, and then coming on the microphone to scream "MORE", and then playing the Minor Threat cover.

Yeah, Wire are good. But sometimes they are a little too "we are smart and disengaged" for me. I spend too much of my time being smart and disengaged, I don't want it in music too.
See also: Magnetic Fields.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Drygioni on February 03, 2010, 11:02:55 pm
Pink Flag is my girl's favorite album, because she is way cooler than me.

I really like it, but mostly just 12XU.

What college radio is to me: playing 12XU, and then coming on the microphone to scream "MORE", and then playing the Minor Threat cover.

Yeah, Wire are good. But sometimes they are a little too "we are smart and disengaged" for me. I spend too much of my time being smart and disengaged, I don't want it in music too.
See also: Magnetic Fields.

Fair points

Outdoor Miner is fuck*ng beautiful and Map Ref 41n 93w are both up there for best post-punky songs
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 11:15:34 pm
although lately I am also in this grumpy thing where I convince myself I don't like things that much, and then when I listen to them I'm like WAIT, THIS IS AWESOME.

but really I want human warmth in my music, which I feel like is present in Wire's music more than critics want to say it is.

I want my post-punk messy and as far away from Joy Division as possible.

YEAH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR1dC0EvpQU)

I will never get enough of scratchy guitars.
I can't find the album version of that song anywhere. I like it a lot.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Drygioni on February 03, 2010, 11:17:54 pm
although lately I am also in this grumpy thing where I convince myself I don't like things that much, and then when I listen to them I'm like WAIT, THIS IS AWESOME.

but really I want human warmth in my music, which I feel like is present in Wire's music more than critics want to say it is.

I want my post-punk messy and as far away from Joy Division as possible.

YEAH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR1dC0EvpQU)

I will never get enough of scratchy guitars.
I can't find the album version of that song anywhere. I like it a lot.

Definitely agree on the warmth, there is far more present than people would like to let-on due to their love of detachment.

I like Joy Division a lot but it's winter and I want something which doesn't want to kill me

And that song is brill but I have lost it from my music files
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Cioran on February 04, 2010, 12:37:12 am
Pink Flag is practically a concept album about trying to love.

Mag Fields: try "100,000 Fireflies" for a lovely warm tune.
Title: Re: in the raking torchlight
Post by: Cioran on February 04, 2010, 12:38:08 am
A Series of Sneaks