The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Thomas Pain on February 01, 2010, 04:29:55 pm

Title: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 01, 2010, 04:29:55 pm
hey I am gonna be selling my 2002 S3T

does anyone want to buy it?

http://www.soundrider.com/archive/bikes/buell_s3t.htm

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/twin-touring-sportbikes-13743.html
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: pmcd9 on February 01, 2010, 04:45:47 pm
Show us a picture.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 01, 2010, 07:04:09 pm
(http://midconet.net/achewoodtest/me.JPG)clickedable image (http://midconet.net/achewoodtest/me.JPG)

it's orange body with gray finish on the fiberglass

full size saddle bags but the one on the left got broke off when I got too close to my van and it hit my van so you can still use it you just have to attach it with cable ties is all I drilled some holes in it for the cable ties

has the non-stock touring windshield

and you can't see it in the picture but on the other side is a k&n air filter

It's put back together now however I had tooken it apart to replace the drive belt so it has a brand new drive belt and it has brand new rear tire and front tire is almost new very low miles

I think the bike it's self has something like 30k miles.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Choop on February 01, 2010, 08:12:11 pm
how about a photo of the bike as it is today, when you decided to sell it. i'm not buying a bike based on a name when the only picture i've seen has it hooked to a shopping cart and missing half of it.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 01, 2010, 09:31:28 pm
I would like to purchase your vehicle. Please send me your banking information and a western union money order for $5,000. The $5,000 will cover the related transaction costs and will be returned to you on completion of the trade.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 02, 2010, 09:33:20 am
AC have some cans

sorry choop it's not all the way put back together yet it's in the garage it's cold there's snow outside

just google for what it looks like

it's an ugly bike any way you score it

it has rust and stuff

I'm gonna test the compression before I sell it to make sure the engine is still ok

Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 02, 2010, 03:14:40 pm
would you show interest in purchasing an item that was not quite half way assembled?
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2010, 05:05:01 pm
would you show interest in purchasing an item that was not quite half way assembled?

Depends on the item and my ability to assemble it.  And the price.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 02, 2010, 05:21:05 pm
would you show interest in purchasing an item that was not quite half way assembled?
Yes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermediate_good)
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 02, 2010, 05:49:41 pm
caveat emptor, i guess.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 02, 2010, 06:39:59 pm
in other news I am moving soon to Oregon it looks like so if anyone wants to hang out in person while I'm still in Chicago your time is running out.

re: the bike:

what the hell you guys!  You make it sound like I'm offering steel coke.

look I'm a put it back together.  it's a several years old so it will need some work.  it needs maybe a new front brake rotor.  I will try to flush the brake fluid if I have time.  it probably needs a new rear brake line (the old one's rusting)

the muffler is rusting... it'll need a new one eventually.

come on it's a bike... bikes need a lot of maintenance.  it's a harley - all the more so.

Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Choop on February 02, 2010, 07:23:09 pm
how bout you put that fucker together before you try to sell it bitch
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: pmcd9 on February 02, 2010, 07:52:22 pm
re: the bike:

Hey, all we're asking for is a little honesty. 
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 02, 2010, 10:28:17 pm
Quote from: greenkoolayd
would you show interest in purchasing an item that was not quite half way assembled?

No disassemble Stephanie!
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 02, 2010, 10:40:57 pm
(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/rain-man.jpg)
PLATE OF BEANS








He is trolling you. It is funny. The joke should have ended after the shopping cart picture. A-Cap got the joke, and thus wins the thread. Quit treating this thread like it were real. It is a joke. You are overanalyzing. Plate of beans.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 02, 2010, 10:45:30 pm
I'm not trolling.  I think I'm being trolled however.

I'm seriously selling a bike.  it is not all the way together, but it's close.  it will be fully assembled as soon as I get some warm weather.

next thing I am going to open the shower curtain and you all will be in my tub with a partially disassembled bike

like that one strip where pat was wearing a funky hat of some sort
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 02, 2010, 10:54:19 pm
So whereabouts are you and your bike in Chicago?
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 02, 2010, 11:01:10 pm
this thread is now about


porkpie hats
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 02, 2010, 11:29:15 pm
you got to go west on 88 until the last suburb and there I am so it is kind of a pain in the ass if you are in Chicago to come out here

Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 03, 2010, 02:14:47 am
Is that why you have so many decomissioned automobiles?
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 03, 2010, 02:30:53 am
I have a disease...
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 03:28:17 am
those highways around there suck, man! you have to pay to go on them!

i had never experienced such a thing in my short, short life, and so I did not have any coins in my car when I started hitting toll booths. oops.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 03, 2010, 07:01:15 am
What happened?

I always wondered what you do if you are in that situation.  Like, did you just get tickets?  Did they let you go through, maybe just bill you the dollar?  I mean, fuck, you just didn't have any change.  Why should that cost you like $100?

Also, one time my dollar was under some water bottle in my car on a road trip.  When we came to the toll I gave it to the toll collector and she complained, being all why is it wet.  Then I said, you know, its a dollar, don't worry about it.  Then we repeated this for like 3 minutes (keep in mind we are in fairly rural kansas and like, c'mon, just let me get the fuck out of here).  So yeah, basically in the end she took the dollar and it was the most like Larry David I've felt in my whole life, so overall a positive experience.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 03, 2010, 02:33:33 pm
If you don't have the cash in Chicago you can go through the I-pass (electronic payment) lane and then pay online later. Otherwise, yeah, they may photograph your license plate and fine you 100 smackers.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2010, 05:53:54 pm
I have a disease...


(http://theramblings.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/more-cowbell.jpg)
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 10:27:36 pm
yeah, I just went through and paid it later online.

I am hoping I didn't do anything wrong in paying it, because there is this funny thing where when I get a traffic violation from a camera, it goes on my dad's record because he owns the car.
OOPS.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 07, 2010, 12:41:49 am
they allow you a certain number of freebies before they actually send you a ticket for failure to pay tolls.

yeah if you ever have to go anywhere at certain times of day, the traffic is a problem.  Chicago's transportation infrastructure has some problems.  Chicago has problems in general.  it's kind of a ghetto.  I'll be moving soon anyway.  to the pacific NW

so um, I got a question.  I keep having less and less cans.  how am I supposed to know how much people like me if I don't get more and more cans each day? 

i mean, do people on here really not like me?  I mean what's up with that.  i think people should tell me they don't like me or my posts instead of giving me less cans.

this can system is retarded.  you don't know which posts the cans are for, so it's retarded.  you should fix that.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 07, 2010, 02:31:59 am
im sure there are no ghettos in the PNW...
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: robot_god on February 07, 2010, 12:00:33 pm
I wonder what the policy is here in NY.  It's probably an automatic $155 fine.  They're installing more red-light cameras than ever.  Got a ticket like two days after a camera went up.  The only technology that the city employs is to fine the citizens.  When I visited the west, I was shocked to see technology actually being used to improve lives (sensor that causes a light to change for pedestrians).  This city is a fraud and a scam.

Oregon was pretty cool but there were alot of bums and everyone talked about the low unemployment rate.  I like most of Cali better.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Thomas Pain on February 07, 2010, 03:46:06 pm
hey A1U how are you feeling now that you're in the pacific NW?

"I'm in a ghetto but I'm still feeling pretty good since I'm over 2000 miles away from greenkoolayd"
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2010, 09:04:39 pm
hey A1U how are you feeling now that you're in the pacific NW?

"I'm in a ghetto but I'm still feeling pretty good since I'm over 2000 miles away from greenkoolayd"


That's how you get cans Mr. Wonderful, by saying funny shit like this.
Title: Re: buell s3t
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 08, 2010, 02:43:12 pm
hey A1U how are you feeling now that you're in the pacific NW?

"I'm in a ghetto but I'm still feeling pretty good since I'm over 2000 miles away from greenkoolayd"



can worthy ZING