The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Choop on February 02, 2010, 08:05:04 am

Title: chainsawsuit
Post by: Choop on February 02, 2010, 08:05:04 am
(http://chainsawsuit.com/comics/20081015.gif)

chainsawsuit (http://chainsawsuit.com/)

archives start here (http://chainsawsuit.com/2008/03/12/strip-338/)
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2010, 01:44:53 pm
That's an important lesson.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 02, 2010, 03:18:29 pm
that is going to haunt my dreams.  maybe even my conscious moments.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 02, 2010, 03:51:04 pm
The optimal quantity of face is always One. I guess face is a demerit good.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: dejavroom on February 02, 2010, 04:21:26 pm
I... like chainsawsuit. thanks!
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2010, 05:08:56 pm
This one (http://chainsawsuit.com/2008/04/16/strip-353/) is pretty spot on, although it could easily be self-referential as well.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: dejavroom on February 02, 2010, 05:20:43 pm
Was just gonna post about that. Turns out this is the same excellent chap with the PBF-bashing strip wich I liked so much that was linked in the PBF thread! I'm consistent motherfuckers!

(the artist's rants below the strips are pretty funny too ^^)
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: lprkn on February 03, 2010, 05:23:42 am
(http://chainsawsuit.com/comics/20090515.gif)
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2010, 02:18:31 pm
http://chainsawsuit.com/2008/05/07/strip-362/

this sums up the internet
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Toaster on February 03, 2010, 05:34:07 pm
Shit, man, why do we have bullshit holidays like talk Like A Pirate Day and Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day when we can have awesome holidays like Talk Like A Tamarian Day?

or:

Pinky and the Brain in the cage. Calvin, holding the ball. Dante and Randall at the counter.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2010, 05:46:10 pm
Scrooge McDuck, his money bin full!

Optimus Prime, fighting the Constructicons. Snuggle Bear, leaping in the laundry basket.

Scrooge McDuck, his money bin empty. :(

Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: jay-ell on February 03, 2010, 05:46:20 pm
http://chainsawsuit.com/2008/05/07/strip-362/

this sums up the internet

What does it mean if I completely understand "darmok and jalad at tinagra" but only vaguely comprehend why "i can haz cheezburger' is a thing?
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 03, 2010, 06:55:55 pm
it means youre one of those people.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 03, 2010, 10:04:59 pm
Quote from: jay-ell
What does it mean if I completely understand "darmok and jalad at tinagra" but only vaguely comprehend why "i can haz cheezburger' is a thing?

It means you are rad.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 10:22:00 pm
the other day, my girlfriend was happily absent when my roommate and I got in a discussion about which space ship was being portrayed in a Star-Trek themed Futurama episode. He conceded defeat when I explained that it was a D-7 warbird, which could be either Romulan or Klingon because they had a treaty where they shared ship designs and technologies.

These are the things that stay in my brain. I can't remember what the argument is against the "Partners in Health" methodology, or how to explain what Structuralism is, but I remember entries from the Star Trek Encyclopedia from the half-dozen times I read it cover-to-cover 7 or 8 years ago.

maybe I can be like, a Star Trek anthropologist.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2010, 10:26:16 pm
maybe I can be like, a Star Trek anthropologist.

It's a crowded field.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 10:35:12 pm
there are actually people who have done that, but knowing a lot about star trek does not really help.

my professor over the summer, who was the coolest ever, wrote several papers about LARPers that were very cool.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Doc on February 03, 2010, 11:24:32 pm
Phillipe is standing on it. Ray looking at his toilet. Beef high in a golf cart.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: AugustWest on February 04, 2010, 01:42:27 am
my professor over the summer, who was the coolest ever, wrote several papers about LARPers that were very cool.

Abnormal Psychology usually is.
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 04, 2010, 02:44:01 am
LIGHTNING BOLT!
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: lprkn on February 04, 2010, 03:57:30 am
Is anybody playing/looking forward to the new Star Trek game?
Title: Re: chainsawsuit
Post by: Toaster on February 04, 2010, 04:32:47 am
I think it is intriguing. I want to like it, and I think I will.