The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: dejavroom on February 03, 2010, 01:43:18 pm

Title: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: dejavroom on February 03, 2010, 01:43:18 pm
mine's yuhuang.tumblr.com

who else uses it here?
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 03, 2010, 02:34:01 pm
[[raises hand]]

http://tonythebear.tumblr.com/

also, i added you.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: dejavroom on February 03, 2010, 03:34:53 pm
hi-5 o/ consider yourself addeded
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2010, 03:55:05 pm
Apparently I do too.

http://paulmcrae.tumblr.com/

I guess I signed up some time ago, but I've never used it.  What's it for?
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: dejavroom on February 03, 2010, 04:13:12 pm
to catch girls. it doesn't work.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 03, 2010, 04:53:21 pm
its a blog, but for images and quotes and stuff like that.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 03, 2010, 06:07:50 pm
[[raises hand]]

http://tonythebear.tumblr.com/

also, i added you.
(http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwyyflBfH81qatfjgo1_400.jpg)
Lumbago: Pain in the ass.


I am still bitter
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2010, 08:42:01 pm
its a blog, but for images and quotes and stuff like that.

OK, remember the old days, when the word was "weblog", and it was a collection of links to other stuff on the web? And if you wanted to write long paragraphs from scratch, what you had was a LiveJournal?

The idea of Tumblr seems to be that's it's a place to have something more like the original kind of 'blog' but instead of just linking to photos you can actually insert them easily. And of course with added social networking features like everything has to have nowadays. But the funny thing is that of course some people are using it to write long paragraphs from scratch. Dang end users, so ill behaved.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 03, 2010, 10:08:46 pm
I can't stress enough how much I like doing my journalling/blogging/whatever in a forgotten backwater of the internet.

I especially like the idea that, in places where no one cares, I am not expected to make things "visually appealing" or "interesting to anyone other than me".

Which are pretty much my two least favourite considerations in my writing.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: Doc on February 03, 2010, 11:20:00 pm
'smets, not for nothing, but happiest day of my life was when I realised basically no one else gives 2 shits what I do.
It's really kind of liberating.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2010, 11:31:10 pm
I know that in theory, but it is really hard to get it to stick in my mind to where I do not worry about stupid things.
Title: Re: so tumblr, who's got one
Post by: KeithHernandez on February 04, 2010, 04:04:48 am
I know that in theory, but it is really hard to get it to stick in my mind to where I do not worry about stupid things.