The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 04, 2010, 02:44:09 am
-
"A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one."
Or we don't do the real one. Whichever.
Behold the repair kit:
(http://consumerist.com/2010/02/03/020310-005-toyota-repair-part.jpg)
A video of it being installed: http://www.projo.com/video/?nvid=412993&shu=1
-
Just because a repair is simple does not mean it is ineffective. I don't know enough mechanical stuff to tell of course.
-
i have been on the internet too long. that picture frightened me in periphery.
-
Well numerous people reported their pedal was never stuck when the car took off, the prius is not on the recall list and has issues with BOTH accelerator and brake functions, and the fix appears to be a tiny piece of metal that can fall out/wear out with use.
-
there is no defect. its called autopilot. duh!
-
I have one of these cars. I am not very worried, but I will take it to get fixed.