The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2010, 07:31:45 pm

Title: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2010, 07:31:45 pm
which is something that the internet sorely needs since it has never before heard of bacon

HUZZAH (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=22748803199&sid=1)

bump the thread if you can, this gives me carte blanche for more pork related puns and thus saves my marriage
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Lister on February 04, 2010, 10:15:22 pm
I'd recommend adding a few more mechanics to the raid.  Right now there's very little to encourage crowd control or movement.  The various effects look like they'll adequately tax healing and keep DPS on their toes, though, so it's a good start.  With those goals in mind:


Flare Up - Localized pockets of fire that will pop at various locations in the raid room.  Players will receive a quick audible warning of spattering grease, giving them time to move before the fire starts if they're quick.  Flare ups happen at a continually increasing rate during the event.  Players caught in the fire take continuous DoT damage and receive the Grease Fire debuff.

Eggs Over Hard - Beginning at the four minute mark, eggs will appear, taking random paths through the event.  If players come in contact with an egg it will crack, rooting any players in the area and slowing their melee and casting abilities.  Crowd control can manage these or one player can be designated to crack eggs in a safe location away from the rest of the raid.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 04, 2010, 11:05:40 pm
I'd recommend adding a few more mechanics to the raid.  Right now there's very little to encourage crowd control or movement.  The various effects look like they'll adequately tax healing and keep DPS on their toes, though, so it's a good start.  With those goals in mind:


Flare Up - Localized pockets of fire that will pop at various locations in the raid room.  Players will receive a quick audible warning of spattering grease, giving them time to move before the fire starts if they're quick.  Flare ups happen at a continually increasing rate during the event.  Players caught in the fire take continuous DoT damage and receive the Grease Fire debuff.

Eggs Over Hard - Beginning at the four minute mark, eggs will appear, taking random paths through the event.  If players come in contact with an egg it will crack, rooting any players in the area and slowing their melee and casting abilities.  Crowd control can manage these or one player can be designated to crack eggs in a safe location away from the rest of the raid.


Add it to the thread to bump it! THE PUNS MUST NEVER ESCAPE THE CONTAINMENT ZONE
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Lister on February 04, 2010, 11:12:16 pm
I can't, I don't have a WoW account.

They're a competitor, you see.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Drygioni on February 05, 2010, 12:31:32 am
(http://www.funnypictures.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/simpsons-nerd.gif)

Just kidding, that's actually hilarious. I salute your expert bacon punnage

Can you work Pancetta in there somehow? Do you count that as bacon? I don't even know.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 05, 2010, 12:55:16 am
(http://www.funnypictures.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/simpsons-nerd.gif)

Just kidding, that's actually hilarious. I salute your expert bacon punnage

Can you work Pancetta in there somehow? Do you count that as bacon? I don't even know.

I really really tried but can't seem to find a place for it that doesn't sound forced.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Drygioni on February 05, 2010, 01:05:34 am
I really really tried but can't seem to find a place for it that doesn't sound forced.

Shame. I will now go to bed and think of bacon puns. I don't really know much about World Of Warcraft though.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Drygioni on February 05, 2010, 01:08:44 am
Come to think of it I'm sure you could do something with Honey Glaze.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 05, 2010, 01:16:44 am
Shame. I will now go to bed and think of bacon puns. I don't really know much about World Of Warcraft though.


There's nothing worth knowing. It is a transport mechanism for puns.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 05, 2010, 01:26:59 am
Come to think of it I'm sure you could do something with Honey Glaze.

Pancetta pun MADE.
Title: Re: attention WoW dorks i have introduced bacon to the internet
Post by: Drygioni on February 05, 2010, 01:41:36 am
Pancetta pun MADE.

Hahaha. Bravo.