The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Doc on February 05, 2010, 11:06:17 pm

Title: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Doc on February 05, 2010, 11:06:17 pm
Facebook tells me it's our Den Mother's big day today, and facebook would never lie.

Happy birthday JL, that you maintain your radiance even in the absence of your mighty powers is an inspiration to us all.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 06, 2010, 12:08:16 am
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dWLzu5-qTIM/STeWukdk7hI/AAAAAAAACZM/3-akJpmkb5Q/s400/HappyBirthdayBitch.jpg)

(http://www.digitalpixeldump.com/data/media/57/happy-birthday.jpg)
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Drygioni on February 06, 2010, 01:50:14 am
The discrepancy in our age grows ever further. We may not be in the boundaries of half your age plus 7... but this birthday is a reminder that one day we will be.

Happy Birthday JL!
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Choop on February 06, 2010, 02:38:10 am
you're too awesome for words.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2010, 03:01:03 am
The discrepancy in our age grows ever further. We may not be in the boundaries of half your age plus 7... but this birthday is a reminder that one day we will be.

Happy Birthday JL!

But...half my age plus 7 is 22! (If you round down the half-year.) That...buh...wah...gah...

*weeps*

Also, technically in the Eastern US time zone my birthday isn't for another 2 hours, so you've gone off a bit prematurely....though I hear that's common for young kids like you.

Zing! 

Also also: had my birthday dinner tonight, which means I hate myself and want to die from meat/starch overload, so it was a success. And for those of you who aren't my facebook friends, Mom said to me the other day: "Sorry I got you a toilet for your birthday."

Tomorrow: going on about my business as if nothing has happened.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2010, 03:05:34 am
Also also: had my birthday dinner tonight, which means I hate myself and want to die from meat/starch overload, so it was a success.

Perhaps a tiny can of Dr. Pepper will aid in digestion.

(happy birthday)
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jough on February 06, 2010, 06:22:27 am
Happy Birthday, o' den mother. I love you like a sister, lover, old highschool buddy, and board co-founder all in one.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Doc on February 06, 2010, 08:48:17 am
Also, technically in the Eastern US time zone my birthday isn't for another 2 hours, so you've gone off a bit prematurely....though I hear that's common for young kids like you.

I kind of knew that, but your birthday is basically a global celebration.

Also ouch. Especially to someone who does fit into the half age plus seven rule (just).
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 06, 2010, 12:56:19 pm
Happy Birthday lady! You. Are. Rad!
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2010, 02:49:00 pm
Happy Birthday, o' den mother. I love you like a sister, lover, old highschool buddy, and board co-founder all in one.

This is the best present a messageboard could give me.

Sorry, everybody else, I appreciate the wishes and all, but just give me my old pal Jough back and I'll be set for life.

Are you here to stay? Or just passing through?
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2010, 04:02:14 pm
Happy birthday FROM ONE OF THE SECOND BEST, apparently.

If you fell off the face of the earth for 3 years and then came back on my birthday, I'd say the same about you, Ash.

Please don't, though.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: AugustWest on February 06, 2010, 05:27:06 pm
Happy Birthday, Darlin'.

I still say you Pedro got you one of the best board related birthday presents evar.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2010, 05:31:58 pm
Enjoy your birthday fun times. I'm sure Pedro will be busy.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2010, 05:42:22 pm
Happy Birthday, Darlin'.

I still say you Pedro got you one of the best board related birthday presents evar.

I remember that.  You called me at work.  it was awkward.  I couldn't think of anything to say because my mind was involved with something else.  You told me a secret, but it may have been a lie, I'm still not sure.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: miles on February 06, 2010, 05:50:28 pm
Happy Birthday!

Sorry, that's all I have in me this morning.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: dejavroom on February 06, 2010, 06:21:49 pm
happy happies jayell
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2010, 07:02:11 pm
Happy Birthday, Darlin'.

I still say you Pedro got you one of the best board related birthday presents evar.

that he did. i was thinking about that this morning.

cell# posted elsewhere if anyone wants to text or call today. sorry for the curtness, i`m typing this on my phone.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: theinevitable on February 06, 2010, 11:27:31 pm
I think I called you once? didn't I do that?

Maybe I will call you while I am walking to the library. I think I will!

1. Did JL just hear me come close to falling on my ass, because there is ice in my street? yes.
2. did I just say "I'm gonna go to a party and get wasted!" Yes. It was meant to sound like more of a joke than it did.
3. Does JL have a charming voice? Yes. Her voice is pretty.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: jay-ell on February 07, 2010, 03:12:28 am
I think I called you once? didn't I do that?

Maybe I will call you while I am walking to the library. I think I will!

1. Did JL just hear me come close to falling on my ass, because there is ice in my street? yes.
2. did I just say "I'm gonna go to a party and get wasted!" Yes. It was meant to sound like more of a joke than it did.
3. Does JL have a charming voice? Yes. Her voice is pretty.

It was a wonderful phone call, tempered only by the fact that I am generally a socially awkward person, which is much more apparent on the phone than it is on the internet. Also, your insistence that you were going to a party and getting wasted was extremely jocular, I thought, and did make me feel a little younger.

Dan, you sound just like my best friend's husband, to the point that even after I saw the phone number, but before you said your name, I thought, "Why is Kris calling me, and how is he calling from a Charlotte area code?"

It was a pleasant chat. I also got two texts from Ash, one of which had a picture of his horsie.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 07, 2010, 03:29:29 am
Happy birthday, you.  I'm-a go put on my Carlos del Vaca hat to celebrate.
Title: Re: The Queen is dead, Long live Happy Birthday.
Post by: theinevitable on February 07, 2010, 04:06:32 am
you sound like someone I know, but I can't think of who.