The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: robot_god on February 08, 2010, 09:16:06 am

Title: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: robot_god on February 08, 2010, 09:16:06 am
Was at the bar last week wearing my Chochacho shirt and it turns out an acquaintance I know is an Achewood fan and also has a No Mercy shirt.  Kinda blew my mind.  The closest other encounter I've had was only this one time I saw a dude wearing a Science shirt walking out of a Daft Punk show like two years ago.

It was the first time I ever actually discussed any of the events of the comic out loud and in person.  Was kind of weird.  Whenever any one has asked me what the shirt meant (three times), I just told them it's an Incan Fun God and that was the end of it.
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: CortJstr on February 08, 2010, 05:17:14 pm
I saw a guy in a Science shirt at Five Guys and another in a I'm The Guy Show Sucks shirt at Art-o-matic. A few random FB friends have surprising posted links to strips, too.

Two weeks ago I was at a Eurogames meetup in my Science shirt and somebody asked me if it was based on that MC Hawking song. It's probably the first time in history somebody said, "no, the song was written about the t-shirt."
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: heptadecahydrate on February 09, 2010, 07:41:01 pm
Euro games?

I pictured some kind of crazy skateborading kids, but no...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-style_board_game

so after having read the wiki on the euro game, I have a question?  Are these games to Go & Chess what TV is to reading books?  A good way for companies to make money and a good way for people to entertain themselves without having to actually develop their mind?  Is it like someone found a way to implement the intellectual ardure of GOgiraffe without cards? 
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: Drygioni on February 10, 2010, 01:00:24 pm
I have never met anyone in real life or know of anyone in any way at all who likes Achewood.
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: pmcd9 on February 10, 2010, 03:10:25 pm
I keep trying to get my IRL friends into Achewood, but they all think it's pretty strange.  Philistines.
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: theinevitable on February 10, 2010, 11:35:58 pm
two of my friends read the Great Outdoor Fight. they liked it, but never read achewood again.

My roommate really likes my Achewood "A momentary diversion on the road to the grave" poster, and was disappointed when I said it was going up in my bedroom instead of our living room this year.
Title: Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 11, 2010, 12:40:15 am
two of my friends read the Great Outdoor Fight. they liked it, but never read achewood again.

My roommate really likes my Achewood "A momentary diversion on the road to the grave" poster, and was disappointed when I said it was going up in my bedroom instead of our living room this year.

tell him to buy one.  onstrads daughter needs some new hair thingies, anyway.