The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jay-ell on December 10, 2003, 08:08:00 pm
-
Any takers? E-mail, IM, or PM me with applications. A new mod will be chosen for this forum based on past participation, cleverness of application, quality of nude photos submitted, and whether or not I like you. </strongbad>
-
I nominate Ferocious J
-
Psh. FeroJ's first allegiance is to Dumbrella. It would be like that TNG with Riker on the klingon Pagh. Plus he only has access from his work.
It's totally going to be her new internet crush.
-
Ok then, how about Fancie Babie. Or perhaps Kabbes?
-
It's totally going to be her new internet crush.
Come on, you know me better than that. I am nothing if not even-handed.
Zartan's not been around long enough to compete with some of the old-school kids (assuming they apply). As enamoured as we all are with The Good Saint, I'm fully aware that sometimes people discover a board, shine brilliantly in a flurry of excellent posts for about 2 weeks, and then burn out on it and never come back. So the likelihood of him beating out an older member -- or even a current Mod in search of a transfer -- is slim at best.
I say this publicly not to discourage Zartan from applying -- indeed, he may be the only one crazy enough to want such a duty -- but to emphasize that I will do my utmost to uphold the <snicker> high standards of moderation we have heretofore exhibited.
However, I will say this: Pedro, don't bother. I know you don't have time. Wash the dishes, or something, instead.
Edit 1: Forgot to quote
Edit 2: Also, if I recall, you were my internet crush at the time I initially handed out Mod positions. It might be wise not to complain, let I reconsider... :twisted:
-
Ok then, how about Fancie Babie. Or perhaps Kabbes?
Troublemaker.
-
So, yes, the question is, while I wrack my retarded brains: what the fuck are you talking about?
-
Ok then, how about Fancie Babie. Or perhaps Kabbes?
Troublemaker.
Well, DUH!
-
Edit 2: Also, if I recall, you were my internet crush at the time I initially handed out Mod positions. It might be wise not to complain, let I reconsider... :twisted:
I won you over with my amazing personal ad. It has that effect on women. Well, actually it more just stuns them while they attempt to comprehend my massive dorkiness but I can usually swoop in while they're reeling.
-
So, yes, the question is, while I wrack my retarded brains: what the fuck are you talking about?
In what sense? Are you not connecting the topic title with the rest of the message? Because I do that sometimes.
Pubdoggy resigned. We need a new mod for this forum.
-
So... to what extent does this actually entail....doing stuff? Cause I might be interested.
-
I say this publicly not to discourage Zartan from applying -- indeed, he may be the only one crazy enough to want such a duty -- but to emphasize that I will do my utmost to uphold the <snicker> high standards of moderation we have heretofore exhibited.
See, that whole dicey standards thing is exactly why you do not want me "moderating" anything. I'm all confused by this whole thread-splitting / locking / whacking - you are meant to kill / excise / cauterize the discussion just when it gets interesting? My idea of a well-ordered forum would probably give a more orderly mind a fuck*ng aneurysm.
DIGRESSION: IT'S MY ANTI-DRUG
SO IS BOOZE, NOW THAT I GIVE IT A MOMENT'S THOUGHT
MESSAGE ENDS
-
Basically, I ask that my mods check in daily, keep their sections generally in-line and on-topic, and quell any
rebellion arguments that may break out tactfully and promptly.
There used to be a thread about this but I can't remember where it was at the moment.
-
Pubdoggy resigned. We need a new mod for this forum.
Ah sorry! I read it as redesign. My one track web designer mind trying to destroy me again. I just can't stop thinking work.
Well... even worse, one kind of work.
-
Who's pubdoggy? =)
-
Who's pubdoggy? =)
The guy with te classy avatar.
And where did he go? Did he just wonder off?
-
That was kinda the deal (smilie = sarcasm). What better offer could he have had? This is a pretty posh gig right here.
PS: That is/was a solid avatar. Looks like my cat (if he were not such a geek).
-
friends,
I have not wandered anywhere too far. I simply cannot give enough of my time to you wonderful people. I'm still reading, still posting, still sharing the love, just not laying the smack down anymore.
I have something in my eye - I have to go now.
-
friends,
I have not wandered anywhere too far. I simply cannot give enough of my time to you wonderful people. I'm still reading, still posting, still sharing the love, just not laying the smack down anymore.
I have something in my eye - I have to go now.
Shine on, you crazy diamond, and know that it was appreciated.
-
You have to keep posting pube-doggy our avatars are meant to be seen side-by-side!
-
pube-doggy
I must ask... was that deliberate? If so, where were you going with that?
Inquiring minds et cetera et cetera.
-
New mod needed?
Perhaps we should check Carnaby Street.
Haw-Haw-Haw!
-
Crap. I forgot about this for a few days.
Congratulations, V-Adore and andalucia. You're both mods. Your applications were so great, I couldn't decide, so you get to co-moderate. It's a sisterhood of moderation: You guys, me, and Wombat. We should have a sleepover.
GIRLS RULE BOYS DROOL
-
Crap. I forgot about this for a few days.
Congratulations, V-Adore and andalucia. You're both mods. Your applications were so great, I couldn't decide, so you get to co-moderate. It's a sisterhood of moderation: You guys, me, and Wombat. We should have a sleepover.
Oh sure, get me all hot and bothered with mention of a sleepover then make it girls only. How else will I ever get to socialize with some fine ladies in pajamas?
-
Ooh, ooh, yay! We can play Mystery Date and Truth or Dare! I'll bring the
hash brownies!
Anyway, I'm unbelievably thrilled about this, and I will attempt to do my modly duties in an appropriately modly fashion. I think.
-
Don't forget to check out your newly emboldened name in the "who's online" list at the bottom of the screen. The first time is a glorious moment.
-
I've just been amused by reading people's IP's. Not like I have any use for the knowledge, I just like power's all.
-
pube-doggy
I must ask... was that deliberate? If so, where were you going with that?
Inquiring minds et cetera et cetera.
Yes, this was entirely intentional. I wasn't going anywhere with it. I was thinking of an episode of Family Guy where Peter builds a bar and makes a sign which reads "Ye Olde Pube," then rethinks it and writes "Ye Old Pube."
-
I've just been amused by reading people's IP's. Not like I have any use for the knowledge, I just like power's all.
I had to look up my own, just to see how many different ones I have. Sometimes it's also fun to just lock, unlock, and relock threads over and over when nobody else is online.
-
You've got a nice collection of IPs there, Cort. Reeeeeal pretty...
(abusing power? Me? Nah.)
-
Try my list of IP's. Probably dropped of late seeing as how now I don't get disconected every two hours and given a new one!
-
Wow, impressive! Highest-post IP is only 14... well done, well done.
My god, I feel like The Man(tm) now. All spyin' on everyone's Internet, all gettin' into everyone's virtual faces, all gonna cramp everyone's style.
-
JEEZ I hadn't even SEEN that! TOO cool!
Yeah. Check mine. Say, who's got the most IPs?
edit: DUR. slink, obviously.
Obviously.
-
Wow, I have not idea what any of this means. (also: woo hoo 300 posts!)
-
OK, now I'm like seriously confused. I was unaware of this tool prior to now, so I went and checked myself out.
I've posted from like a bazillion different IP addresses. Yet I only post from two computers. Would somebody with more knowledge please explain how this is possible?
Thank you very much.
-
Would somebody with more knowledge please explain how this is possible?
You don't always get a static IP even if on a permanent connection. Every time your computer is started you would get a new IP as it reconnects to the ISP. This is the cheap way of doing things.
The other possibility is that you use a dialup, and most ISP don't give static IPs to modem users.
I am only aware of one in the UK who did, about 8 years ago, and they didn't even charge extra. Which was nice.
-
Thank you, my Slinky friend.
-
On a network your IP will generally not change (university/work) no matter how often you reboot. But cable/DSL providers will often go out of their way to make sure it changes every time. This keeps you from running ftp or web pages off your home machine. Some providers will let you pay extra for a static address but some require a business account for that.
-
Some providers will let you pay extra for a static address but some require a business account for that.
Which sucks if all you want it for is to set up a hole in the firewall at work for your own IP so you can work from home once in a while!
Fuckers.